What's new

Names for new air chief shortlisted

The Chinese provided us technology and assistance. After that we could produce our own. US provided us some but there were so man strings and problems that it hardly improved our abilities. Frankly, we stil have to cope with decades old outdated planes and beg for an upgrade.

Four names sent to President for appointment of Air Chief

Updated at: 2245 PST, Thursday, February 19, 2009

ISLAMABAD: Ministry of Defence has sent names of four officials to President Asif Ali Zardari for appointment of Chief of Air Staff.

According to the sources of Defence Ministry, the names include Air Marshal Shahid Latif, Air Marshal Khalid Chaudhry, Air Marshal Hifazatullah Khan and Air Marshal Rao Qamar.

The present Chief of Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mehmood Ahmed is going to be retired after completing his employment tenure next month. Therefore, the name of the new Air Chief will be announced towards the end of this month.

Relying on China is self-reliance? Interesting.

Hi,

Our reliance on china is not a e way street---it involves participating in production and design to the best of our abilities.

It starts at first with crawling---we have already done that---then come the baby steps---supposedly we are past that phase as well---then come the teeter totter stage---we are sort of crossing that phase and getting into the pre-teen walk / run stage.

If I look back---I see that our defence industry has come a long ways from where it was 30 or 40 years ago.:pakistan:

According to the sources of Defence Ministry, the names include Air Marshal Shahid Latif, Air Marshal Khalid Chaudhry, Air Marshal Hifazatullah Khan and Air Marshal Rao Qamar.

its is going to be between these two officers for the post of ACM. both deserve it!

Seriously sir one thing is for sure that they will never tell the media whats exactly going on...as i said earlier these names were provided by the Air Headqarters by the the order of the current ACM..i also mentioned noone knows whats the inside story about these ppl n whats going on in the ministry....i have a reason of providing this information im not saying that particular officer will bcom but his chances r strong aswell...so lets wait n c..now the news is that after the arrival of our President the name will b announced!!!!now the three names were of AM Shahid Latif,AM khalid Chaudry n AM that particular officer...AM Hifazatullah was'nt shortlisted among the three..so lets wait n see

its is going to be between these two officers for the post of ACM. both deserve it!

I have heard from some sources that Khalid Chaudhry has more chance of becoming Air Chief. Lets wait for a week to see the result:cheers:

RAO QAMAR SULEMAN IS THE NEW ACM

Rao Qamar Suleman appointed new Air Chief
March 08, 2009

ISLAMABAD: The government on Sunday appointed Air Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman as Chief of the Air Staff of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF).

The presidency spokesman Farhatullah Babar confirmed that President Asif Ali Zardari has appointed Air Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman as new Chief of the Air Staff on the advice of Prime Minster Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani.

Link: Rao Qamar Suleman appointed new air chief - GEO.tv

Back
Top Bottom