What's new

Names for new air chief shortlisted

Our news papers guys are bunch of ediots they don't even know that
Air Marshal Shaid Latif is not serving as deputy chief of air staff. he is not a DCAS he is the VCOAS ( Vice Chief of Air Staff ).
Shaid will become the COAS and Khalid Chaudhry will be the next VCOAS.

my question is, could the new ACM bring some of his own changes in the air force? will he be favorable to F-16s?

If we talk about seniority Shahid Latif will be the most senior AM,but unfortuantely in present situation with a Crackpot in the hot seat we can't expect good from him,lets hope the decision prove good for Pakistan.

... however our current ACM has a unique record of having most crashes under his tenure!!!

F-7 and Mirage are old .. with this kind of inventory it is very hard to maintain a high level safety record ... compare the records with our adversary and you will find that PAF still have a better record.

Hats off to these wonderful pilots who work round the clock to protect our skies. :pakistan:

well our navy admiral is a person close to ZARDARI!! i guess now he will try looking for a puppet in the AIRFORCE!! however our current ACM has a unique record of having most crashes under his tenure!!! now i know everybody on this forum will start dissing me but guys i hope someone as capable and as great as our current CHIEF OF ARMY STAFF.ASHFAQ KIYANI...gets the job...we need a great ACM. i forgot the name of the ACM who died in a plane crash before ACM TANVEER ... that guy was visonary god bless his soul!!

The current ACM also has aircraft in his inventory that are 50 years old. Try making them fly without incurring any losses or crashes. Good luck!

Our news papers guys are bunch of ediots they don't even know that
Air Marshal Shaid Latif is not serving as deputy chief of air staff. he is not a DCAS he is the VCOAS ( Vice Chief of Air Staff ).
Shaid will become the COAS and Khalid Chaudhry will be the next VCOAS.

Our media does not understand that under the Chief of Air Staff, there is a Vice Chief of Air Staff and under them are DCAS (a few). So Deputy and Vice get mixed up quite a bit.

I too think that the posts of CAS PAF and CNS PN are typically not political appointments and usually the incumbent Chief's recommendations are taken into considerations in the final selection.

The post of the Chief of the Army Staff is a different issue as they can be movers of the governments. My sole concern here is what will become of the Army chief once Kiyani retires as he is not a yes man. Usually what we have seen is that even when perceived yes men have been appointed, it does not always work out. I believe Gens Gul Hassan, Zia and Musharraf were certainly not yes men but were perceived to be as such by the then civilian leadership to their own detriment.

my question is, could the new ACM bring some of his own changes in the air force? will he be favorable to F-16s?

PC,

All of the current leadership of the PAF is favourably inclined towards the F-16 weapon system. Pretty much the entire leadership in the running for the post of CAS, PAF is from F-16 sqns and have flown the aircraft and like it.

The only way a major change deviating from the F-16s would be in a situation if the Americans put some really bad conditions on the aircraft. Otherwise expect to see the next leadership support the blk-15 and 52 acquisition fully.

PC,

All of the current leadership of the PAF is favourably inclined towards the F-16 weapon system. Pretty much the entire leadership in the running for the post of CAS, PAF is from F-16 sqns and have flown the aircraft and like it.

The only way a major change deviating from the F-16s would be in a situation if the Americans put some really bad conditions on the aircraft. Otherwise expect to see the next leadership support the blk-15 and 52 acquisition fully.

Hopefully PAF leadership is also looking at the J-10 favourably ... There is nothing better than self reliance.

PC,

What are the chances of exercising the option for 18 more Blk-52+?

Is there a chance PAF will rake up to the originally planned 55? new F-16s?

FC-20 is a definite. There is no other way around it. However it may take some time as PAF would like to see it as a true MR platform with some pretty advanced avionics on it.

What are the chances of exercising the option for 18 more Blk-52+?

Is there a chance PAF will rake up to the originally planned 55? new F-16s?

My own honest opinion is that everything is on the table. Despite reports, nobody from the PAF has said no to further F-16 blk52s and the US has not put any limitations on numbers beyond 18 (in reality, US State Dept has notified Congress about a possible sale of 36 blk-52s which was approved).

I think the likelihood of further blk-52s would be dependent on where and how well the FC-20 program is proceeding. If it is delayed, then we may see PAF go for some more blk-52s, however for now I think there is a wait and see approach.

My own honest opinion is that everything is on the table. Despite reports, nobody from the PAF has said no to further F-16 blk52s and the US has not put any limitations on numbers beyond 18 (in reality, US State Dept has notified Congress about a possible sale of 36 blk-52s which was approved).

I think the likelihood of further blk-52s would be dependent on where and how well the FC-20 program is proceeding. If it is delayed, then we may see PAF go for some more blk-52s, however for now I think there is a wait and see approach.
There were reports a while back that USAF apparently offered PAF Block-30/32 models? If true, then it is a matter of acquiring good airframes through EDA and giving them CCIP?

Supposedly all of the blk30/32 airframes offered had considerable hours on them and were deemed to be not economical for acquisition. We still like our blk15s in use with the USN at Miramar.

Supposedly all of the blk30/32 airframes offered had considerable hours on them and were deemed to be not economical for acquisition. We still like our blk15s in use with the USN at Miramar.
True. Nonetheless, thanks to the Moroccan & Turkish orders it seems the Block-52+ line will stay open after PAF's initial batch, so there is still room for further orders. Also take into consideration Northrop Grumman and Raytheon's development of new AESA radars for F-16C/D & A/Bs. I wonder if LM would offer PAF an upgraded Block-52+ with AESA, new avionics, better ECM/EW, etc..

Raytheon RACR:

http://www.f-16.net/news_article2965.html

Northrop Grumman SABR:
http://www.es.northropgrumman.com/solutions/sabr/

PC,

Do you think US is already doing this? i mean what assurity do we have or the new top brass that these f-16s wont be buged and their information wont be disclosed to the enemy? other then this issue i really like this deal and i am in favor of 18+ more Block52+.

Back
Top Bottom