What's new

Names for new air chief shortlisted

mundaus

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
ISLAMABAD: Three names have been forwarded to President Asif Ali Zardari for appointment of new chief of the air staff of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF), official sources told The News here on Sunday.

“The new chief of air staff will succeed the incumbent CAS, Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mahmood Ahmed, who is going to retire on completion of his three-year tenure on March 20,” said an official, who wished not to be identified.

“Initially five senior officers were proposed for final selection and names of three of them have been forwarded to the president,” he added. According to official sources those initially considered for the top office of the PAF included Air Marshal Shahid Latif, serving as deputy chief of air staff; Air Marshal Khalid Chaudhry, working as chairman of the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex, Kamra; Air Marshal Rao Qamar, working as deputy chief of staff (operations); Air Marshal Hifazatullah, serving as deputy chief of staff (personnel); and Air Marshal Yousaf Chaudhry, serving as deputy chief of air staff (support). Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mahmood Ahmed had taken over as the 18th CAS on March 20, 2006, on completion of three-year tenure of his predecessor. Among his achievements is the successful induction and up-gradation of Mirage III aircraft acquired from Libya to make 27th squadron of the PAF.

The incumbent CAS is a qualified flying instructor and a graduate of the Combat Commanders School, Sargodha, PAF’s equivalent to US Navy’s ‘TOPGUN’. He has commanded a fighter squadron, the choicest F-16s 38th Tactical Flying Wing, PAF Base Sargodha, and his alma mater, the PAF Academy, Risalpur. He has flown the American F-86 Sabre and F-16 Falcon aircraft and other aircraft of Chinese and French origin on the PAF inventory. He also served in UAE Air Force as a fighter instructor pilot.

Air Marshal Khalid Chaudhry, who was among five air marshals considered for elevation to the post of CAS, commanded the PAF Base, Sargodha as well as F-16 and Combat Commanders School. A graduate of the Royal College of Defence Studies, UK, he also served as the deputy chief of air staff (operations & logistics).

For the last three years, he is serving as the chairman of the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex, Kamra. The JF-17 Thunder jet project was launched and Pakistan joined the elite club of aircraft manufacturing countries during his tenure. He has been awarded Hilal-e-Imtiaz (Military) and Tamgha-e-Basalat.

ISLAMABAD: Three names have been forwarded to President Asif Ali Zardari for appointment of new chief of the air staff of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF), official sources told The News here on Sunday.

“The new chief of air staff will succeed the incumbent CAS, Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mahmood Ahmed, who is going to retire on completion of his three-year tenure on March 20,” said an official, who wished not to be identified.

“Initially five senior officers were proposed for final selection and names of three of them have been forwarded to the president,” he added. According to official sources those initially considered for the top office of the PAF included Air Marshal Shahid Latif, serving as deputy chief of air staff; Air Marshal Khalid Chaudhry, working as chairman of the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex, Kamra; Air Marshal Rao Qamar, working as deputy chief of staff (operations); Air Marshal Hifazatullah, serving as deputy chief of staff (personnel); and Air Marshal Yousaf Chaudhry, serving as deputy chief of air staff (support). Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mahmood Ahmed had taken over as the 18th CAS on March 20, 2006, on completion of three-year tenure of his predecessor. Among his achievements is the successful induction and up-gradation of Mirage III aircraft acquired from Libya to make 27th squadron of the PAF.

The incumbent CAS is a qualified flying instructor and a graduate of the Combat Commanders School, Sargodha, PAF’s equivalent to US Navy’s ‘TOPGUN’. He has commanded a fighter squadron, the choicest F-16s 38th Tactical Flying Wing, PAF Base Sargodha, and his alma mater, the PAF Academy, Risalpur. He has flown the American F-86 Sabre and F-16 Falcon aircraft and other aircraft of Chinese and French origin on the PAF inventory. He also served in UAE Air Force as a fighter instructor pilot.

Air Marshal Khalid Chaudhry, who was among five air marshals considered for elevation to the post of CAS, commanded the PAF Base, Sargodha as well as F-16 and Combat Commanders School. A graduate of the Royal College of Defence Studies, UK, he also served as the deputy chief of air staff (operations & logistics).

For the last three years, he is serving as the chairman of the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex, Kamra. The JF-17 Thunder jet project was launched and Pakistan joined the elite club of aircraft manufacturing countries during his tenure. He has been awarded Hilal-e-Imtiaz (Military) and Tamgha-e-Basalat.

biggest hurddle in the way of zardari "Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mahmood Ahmed" but a real son of soil, who made a super power,step out from its bad intentions, towards pakistan!:tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:
just because "Chief Marshal Tanvir Mahmood "waked up the eagles, in the sky! before some old OWL , can creep in?:tup:

WE will sure miss you sir! you have done a very fine job for this country.

I salute My ACM of PAF.

The whole Pakistani Nation is Proud of our "Leader of PAF Falcons".

His Contributions in Jf-17 Thunder project are highly appreciated by the Pakistani Nation.

We will remember this great "Air Warrior".

The likes of Asghar Khan, Nur khan, Mushaf Ali mir and Tanvir Mahmood Ahmed will continue to Lead the Most Prestigious Defence Institution of Pakistan i-e PAF.

:pakistan::pakistan:

Good Bye ACM :wave::wave:

My salute to the ACM and my best wishes thankfor the fine service you gave to PAF and the country!!

zardari having problem importing the horses ?...replacement of this chief was expected after his few statement about shooting down high attitude drones..

zardari can not name some body out of these 5 and it will be some body from pakistan air force?i would like to see the best of these 5.ACM can only serve for three years no body fired him.
ACM tanveer is a good leader and he will retired proudly GOD bless him
:pakistan::pakistan:

Air Marshal Shahid Latif should be the AM.

His knowledge on the JF-17 project and he is a great officer as well.

Can someone let Zardariknow that Bilalwal can't be the AM.

well, if sir zardari, can become president of pakistan, so why not "mr bilawal" acm , paf!:tup::enjoy:
every thing worse can happen in pakistan!:tsk::lol:

as for "Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mahmood Ahmed" shahib, should be given as a director of ISI?;):)

well our navy admiral is a person close to ZARDARI!! i guess now he will try looking for a puppet in the AIRFORCE!! however our current ACM has a unique record of having most crashes under his tenure!!! now i know everybody on this forum will start dissing me but guys i hope someone as capable and as great as our current CHIEF OF ARMY STAFF.ASHFAQ KIYANI...gets the job...we need a great ACM. i forgot the name of the ACM who died in a plane crash before ACM TANVEER ... that guy was visonary god bless his soul!!

Salutations to ACM Tanvir Mehmood for providing our nation with his patriotic and dedicated service!

I wish him all the best! :tup:

well our navy admiral is a person close to ZARDARI!! i guess now he will try looking for a puppet in the AIRFORCE!! however our current ACM has a unique record of having most crashes under his tenure!!! now i know everybody on this forum will start dissing me but guys i hope someone as capable and as great as our current CHIEF OF ARMY STAFF.ASHFAQ KIYANI...gets the job...we need a great ACM. i forgot the name of the ACM who died in a plane crash before ACM TANVEER ... that guy was visonary god bless his soul!!

His name was Mushaf Ali Mir. Sargodha Air Base is Named After him "Musaf Air Base"

Naval Admiral is a PPP person no doubt about that and Zardari will try to bring someone like Noman Bashir in PAF as well.

About the crashes, Please provide the source that His Era was the worst.

Air Marshal Shahid Latif should be the AM.

His knowledge on the JF-17 project and he is a great officer as well.

Can someone let Zardariknow that Bilalwal can't be the AM.

AM Shahid Latif has the inside track, but stranger things have happened in the past. men like Nosey Haider, Cecil Chaudhry, MM Alam and many other fine officers were never provided the "support" as they were outspoken in their views.

AM Shahid Latif also is a "pioneer" of the F-16 era in PAF.

My vote is for him.

AM Shahid Latif has the inside track, but stranger things have happened in the past. men like Nosey Haider, Cecil Chaudhry, MM Alam and many other fine officers were never provided the "support" as they were outspoken in their views.

AM Shahid Latif also is a "pioneer" of the F-16 era in PAF.

My vote is for him.

AM Shahid Latif will indeed be the next ACM.

Admiral Noman Bashir is NOT a PPP person. Just because his brother is also in the government does not mean he tows the Presidential lines!!

I would suggest that Zardari has very little input in such matters. The names are forwarded by MoD on recommendation of the sitting Chief for all services. The recommendations of sitting chiefs are taken as final in most cases.

zardari having problem importing the horses ?...replacement of this chief was expected after his few statement about shooting down high attitude drones..

PAFs CAS changeover takes place every 3 years in the month of March. ACM Tanvir Mahmood took over in March, 06 and its a usual switch: nothing sinister about it. :disagree:

At this moment we need someone who is head strong, less politically influenced and can take a stand on the principle issues…IMO both AM Shahid Latif and Rao Qamar are suitable for the job. I will be happy to see any one of these gentlemen taking over the PAF for next 3 years…:enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom