What's new

Myanmar Armed forces thread

Does it matter? The most effective Soviet Sniper in WW II was just 19 years old.

During an all out war age restriction shouldn't work, 2 world wars were like that. German troops in WWII had their nightmare on Soviet front for winter. There's a true story one 10/12 year-old Russian kid did spy whole night long standing in ice near German camp on a river shore and signaled whole night long to Russian across the river. Next day Russian got their turn but the boy died there in ice before dawn. It's possible because everything was involved in war then. Is Burma in such situation?

By the way, 19-year is above age restriction.

Incase of a war it would take a lot of heart to shoot at a kid even if he's pointing a gun at you!

18 years of age is hardly a kid. In a hostile situation,survival is the only thing a soldier thinks of.Any sense of morality scarcely consumes his mind.

During an all out war age restriction shouldn't work, 2 world wars were like that. German troops in WWII had their nightmare on Soviet front for winter. There's a true story one 10/12 year-old Russian kid did spy whole night long standing in ice near German camp on a river shore and signaled whole night long to Russian across the river. Next day Russian got their turn but the boy died there in ice before dawn. It's possible because everything was involved in war then. Is Burma in such situation?

By the way, 19-year is above age restriction.

No.Myanmar is not in that situation.But after 4/5 years of sufficient training these soldiers will prove to be effective assets.

we have good relation with India, but even India didn't stop selling & donating them arms. neither does it stop India act as aggressor in rational and diplomatic field.

didn't know some Indonesians are so in love with MM AF....these pic that you have posted, we have all of them and more. most of their equipments are outdated and not operational. We have far superior military and economy than them. These sandle worn jokers don't scare me.
@british_bengali know the facts first.....and be proud a Bengali or British. or stop speaking for BD, we dnt need ur kind.

Excuse me?? What did i say?I gave a basic observation about the Air force and Nuclear weapons.There is a major Difference between pride/Arrogance and Rational/logical thinking.

If our Military was so super, there would be no need for modernisation. We have 8 migs, they have over 20. They have Attack Helis-We don't so i don't know where you got the "we have all of them and more". They have Medium range SAMs,We don't. The Myanmaese have a better Air force on Paper. This does not by any means they are better than us. I have stated that the BD military focus on better training and Professionalism since we have adopted US military training. The Myanmese do not.
However, Our military NEEDS a revamp to reflect this. Some of our own equipment is old and outdated and due to our better economy we can buy newer systems.

I apologise if my Statement seemed anti-BD to you but it wasn't.It was a logical Observation. I can be both proud of being British and Being Bengali- My Nationality is not yours to criticise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Myanmar's military is far more powerful than Bangladesh's at present.

Enough said than done....

didn't know some Indonesians are so in love with MM AF....these pic that you have posted, we have all of them and more. most of their equipments are outdated and not operational. We have far superior military and economy than them. These sandle worn jokers don't scare me.
@british_bengali know the facts first.....and be proud a Bengali or British. or stop speaking for BD, we dnt need ur kind.

*facepalm*

Last edited by a moderator:
Myanmar army would skint us in battle. Hell, our army gets killed by BDR :lol:

I don't think that would be so easy for Myanmar .
Bengali History says opposite .

Myanmar military has numerical superiority due to buildup since independence as it fought ethnocentric wars to dominate its minorities. However can it take the war beyond its border when it does not control it's own territory. Logic dictates it can not.

In any potential war what would be the objective of BD. Our military doctrine is defensive. If they attack we can defend. Simply due to the size of our economy any war of attrition can be maintained longer then them.

I do not see any war in the horizon. Myanmer is a bloated military dictatorship hanging on by the fingernail trying to maintain its territorial integrity. Picking a fight with BD would sap its strength and lead to the dissolution of the state itself as armed independence movement will take advantage.

This thread should not be in the BD section. BD will not attack MM as there is no defined objective and MM lacks ability to maintain a sustained war with a sovereign nation.

Bangladesh has no match to Myanmar military might. Be it manpower, training, weapon,will, leadership myanmar will trash bangladesh. Any way i dont think there is any scope of any conflict...

I am opening this thread in BD section because we Bangladeshis need to discuss on it and most of them dont leave this section......

The wikipedia article related to Myanmar armed forces seems exaggerated and full of lies........

I will start with this one.......

does myanmar army possess 60 9K37 Buk-M1-2 as claimed by Wikipedia??

220px-Buk-M1-2_9A310M1-2.jpg

Yes we have, we even have HQ-9 and HQ-12. Penchora also :)

Excuse me?? What did i say?I gave a basic observation about the Air force and Nuclear weapons.There is a major Difference between pride/Arrogance and Rational/logical thinking.

If our Military was so super, there would be no need for modernisation. We have 8 migs, they have over 20. They have Attack Helis-We don't so i don't know where you got the "we have all of them and more". They have Medium range SAMs,We don't. The Myanmaese have a better Air force on Paper. This does not by any means they are better than us. I have stated that the BD military focus on better training and Professionalism since we have adopted US military training. The Myanmese do not.
However, Our military NEEDS a revamp to reflect this. Some of our own equipment is old and outdated and due to our better economy we can buy newer systems.

I apologise if my Statement seemed anti-BD to you but it wasn't.It was a logical Observation. I can be both proud of being British and Being Bengali- My Nationality is not yours to criticise.

1. In Wiki, if you read that we have 20, then always remember that we have 40, we never show our actual number but always shows half of actual number, btw, we have 30 only :D so ..... who knows may be 60 :D

2. Not only SAM, SSM also :D may be around 700km, who knows?? :D I mean SSM, for SAM, we have HQ9 and 12 ;)

3. In Asia, even Vietnam and North Korea can't build stealth ships, you imagine how we built our own stealth frigates, at that time, China shows us the design of stealth ships, they also showed to you Bangladesh guys as well, they thought that we are stupid so we couldn't build stealth ships, then CIC (Navy) asked the major who studied from Russia, "Can you build this?" then based on the design from power point slide, he built it ;) we don't have TT to build this, when we show back to China, they are amazed :D Who knows? May be we are also building submarines by ourselves hahahahha :D You see, South Korean naval ships are really superior in the world but when the North submarines shot torpedos, they couldn't resist right? So imagine about it .... :D Stealth ships means stealth ships :D

1. In Wiki, if you read that we have 20, then always remember that we have 40, we never show our actual number but always shows half of actual number, btw, we have 30 only :D so ..... who knows may be 60 :D

2. Not only SAM, SSM also :D may be around 700km, who knows?? :D I mean SSM, for SAM, we have HQ9 and 12 ;)

3. In Asia, even Vietnam and North Korea can't build stealth ships, you imagine how we built our own stealth frigates, at that time, China shows us the design of stealth ships, they also showed to you Bangladesh guys as well, they thought that we are stupid so we couldn't build stealth ships, then CIC (Navy) asked the major who studied from Russia, "Can you build this?" then based on the design from power point slide, he built it ;) we don't have TT to build this, when we show back to China, they are amazed :D Who knows? May be we are also building submarines by ourselves hahahahha :D You see, South Korean naval ships are really superior in the world but when the North submarines shot torpedos, they couldn't resist right? So imagine about it .... :D Stealth ships means stealth ships :D
Yeah,we have 200 migs but listed only 8 on wiki because we don't want to wet our neighbor's pant. :lol:
700 km?meh we have ICBM.:big_boss:

The article below elaborates the desparate codition the Myanmar Army is facing today, although posters from our Bandhustan country systematically try to mislead us, same as they mislead about their own military.

Bandhustan guys try to portray IA as the best and Myanmar Army as the second best military machines in the world. Our own opinion should not be influenced by them.

-eastwatch-

Burmese army recruits female soldiers as it struggles to tackle rebel groups | World news | theguardian.com

Burmese army recruits female soldiers as it struggles to tackle rebel groups
Poor human rights record of Burmese 'Tatmadaw' armed forces gives rise to concerns that women recruits will be abused.
  • Kate Hodal in Bangkok
  • theguardian.com, Wednesday 16 October 2013 15.59 BST
Burma-military-recruits-f-009.jpg

Burmese rebels from the All Burma Students Democratic Front North, near Laiza, Kachin state, Burma in 2012. The Burma army is recruiting female soliders to help tackle ethnic rebels.

If you're a single female between the ages of 25 and 30, 1.6 metres (5ft 3in) or taller and weighing less than 59kg (130lbs), then the Tatmadaw –Burma's military – may be looking for you.

Once limited to working only as nurses in the military, Burmese women are now being actively recruited by the country's ministry of defence, according to an advert in the state-run Myanmar Ahlin newspaper, which stresses that successful candidates will be spared from serving on frontlines and instead be offered posts as second lieutenants.

A reviled entity now synonymous with human rights abuses and military coups, the Burmese army was once well respected for leading the country to independence from British colonial rule. Nobel laureate Aung San Suu Kyi's father, Aung San, was himself a general and is revered as the heroic "true father" of Burma.

Today the Burmese army is believed to be one of the largest in the region and manages a budget of $2.4bn, or 12% of total government spending – roughly four times what the country spends on health care, according to official figures.

Reformist president Thein Sein has made it an apparent priority to sign ceasefires with the country's many rebel ethnic groups, but has struggled to make any headway in the Kachin ethnic area, where a 17-year ceasefire broke down in 2011 and where fierce fighting, including the military's use of fighter jets, took place earlier this year.

This is the first time that women have been offered such posts with the Tatmadaw, but a military draft adopted in 2011 – when Burma officially moved to quasi-civilian leadership after nearly 50 years of military rule – allows for women between 18 and 27 to be drafted in times of national emergency.

Women have sometimes been press-ganged to work as porters, says Phil Robertson of Human Rights Watch, who warns that, given the army's abysmal rights record, the new recruits could find themselves sexually abused or harassed.

"Because there has been a culture of this army physically and sexually abusing women in the field as part of operations, where both rank and file soldiers have been involved in rape and other forms of sexual abuse against women – such as seizing women to porter goods and then raping them at night – then I would wonder … whether senior officers would view these women professionally or try to take advantage of them," Robertson told the Guardian.

"I think a woman would have to be quite brave to be among the first batch of recruits."

Bangladesh shall buy 40 JF-17. Serious , no joke!

Yeah,we have 200 migs but listed only 8 on wiki because we don't want to wet our neighbor's pant. :lol:
700 km?meh we have ICBM.:big_boss:

200MiGs? Great then good luck :)

Present for you :)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/72880_451093518279957_1131481858_n.jpg

72880_451093518279957_1131481858_n.jpg

491 Stealth FAC Built in Myanmar
581412_440580499331259_1037070187_n.jpg

F12 Stealth Frigate Made in Myanmar
frigate-stealth-myanmar.jpg

You should know that building is cheaper than buying. ;) And it only costs 20% of the buying cost, so guess, when you guys buy one frigate, we can build 5 frigates. And we have technology and experiences ;)

Myanmar Military Exercise Documentary

Last edited:
I am opening this thread in BD section because we Bangladeshis need to discuss on it and most of them dont leave this section......

The wikipedia article related to Myanmar armed forces seems exaggerated and full of lies........

I will start with this one.......

does myanmar army possess 60 9K37 Buk-M1-2 as claimed by Wikipedia??

220px-Buk-M1-2_9A310M1-2.jpg

Go to Myanmar Defense Weapons ;)

Cover Photos - Myanmar Defence Weapons | Facebook

72880_451093518279957_1131481858_n.jpg

this report from June 2013 (in fact, it was published in other networks earlier) says that Myanmar is purchasing HQ-12 (KS-1A) medium-range SAMs to defend their capital Naypyidaw from potential air/missile attack.... the missiles have a range of 50km+...
China to provide missiles to Myanmar

HongQi+12+%2528HQ-12%252C+KaiShan+1%252C+KS-1%2529+Surface-to-Air+Missile+System+%25284%2529.jpg

hq-12_3.jpg

the photos are not from Myanmar

Actually we may have ;) we just keep quiet only :D

Back
Top Bottom