What's new

Myanmar Armed forces thread

kobiraaz

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
I am opening this thread in BD section because we Bangladeshis need to discuss on it and most of them dont leave this section......

The wikipedia article related to Myanmar armed forces seems exaggerated and full of lies........

I will start with this one.......

does myanmar army possess 60 9K37 Buk-M1-2 as claimed by Wikipedia??

220px-Buk-M1-2_9A310M1-2.jpg

ok i have searched the whole net and myanmar doesn't operate buk! Mega lol @ their wiki page

Being the thread starter you'd have to take care that it doesn't unnecessarily turn into a 'we >> them' thread.

There was no deal made, there is no sign of weapon transfer.... Otherwise transfer of such anti air missile to a rogue nation should be known by defence geeks, it seems to me after repeated search only Burmese fan boys are behind the source...

Being the thread starter you'd have to take care that it doesn't unnecessarily turn into a 'we >> them' thread.
actually some joker like (neutral citizen) after reading that wiki article claiming that Bangladesh is no match to myanmar... I just can't believe the fact a country which ranks 194 in health sector even behind sub saharan africa is that strong!!

They just announced that 25% of new budget is for defence, roughly $2 billion. More than BD.

According to wiki article Myanmar has 122 9K331M Tor-M1 (lol)

which is another lie....

there is no Tor in myanmar inventory ( anyone have anything else to say against this?)

800px-Tor_M2E_maks2009.jpg

BAe Dynamics Bloodhound Mk.II

747px-Bloodhound_SAM_at_the_RAF_Museum.jpg

Cold war era anti air missile
1st produced 1958
Retired- In 1990-2000
According to Jane (they used the term " may have received") Myanmar received 40 missile from Singapur in 1994. Singapur received them in 1970 from Britain............

i dont know whether those missiles are operational or not!
The Bloodhound Mk. I entered service in December 1958 and the last Mk. II missile squadron stood down in July 1991, although Swiss examples remained operational until 1999.

At least Myanmar got something in real.............

Myanmar always claims to have a lot of things ( full stop ) .
If you get my gist, you will understand what they have. But yeah they do have a lot of unprofessional soldiers, officers.

^Don't underestimate them mate.
Off course not mate, that's why a lot of new instruments went there, so that we can stop them and return the favor in kind. Seriously right now I am remembering few people who used to say, it would have been better to push deep into Myanmar during the Naaf crisis, then today at lest we needn't have seen this day with Rohingya problem.

Myanmar surely has S-125 medium-range missile systems for some years now....
these 35km-range missiles are effective against opponents who are not technologically too advanced....
159582_mainimg.jpg

military-vehicle-during-parade.jpg

these pictures are from March 2013, but according to this report from early 2011, the missiles must be in service from at least 2010....
Air Defense: Burma Uses Ancient Goa To Nail Mystery UAV

Back
Top Bottom