What's new

My quest for the best biryani in Karachi.

I liked food centre biryani. Used to live near burns road. Will definately try mutton danda biryani.
Have you tied biryani at pakistan chowk thats quite good as well .

where at pakistan chowk? atleast once a month i go to Waheed (best dhaga kababs out there) will give it a shot, best pulao hands down i have eaten is at Harvest, that uncle has been running that restaurant for ages now, he only serves lunch and its simply amazing if you are into pulao, location is right behind Arabian Nights

the best beriyani maa ke hath ki hoti hey jo mien ab kabhi b nahien kha paoon gha first eid without my mom i love u miss ami allah apko jannat al firdoos mien alla afzal muqaam ata farmaye ameen su ameen ami me miss u koi biryani achi nahien ho ghi
ye to batao ! kaun si biriyani pasand hai : Kachhi ya pakki Biriyani ?

Both have their own unique taste.
of course they have !
Best Pakki Biriyani u can get outside home !
Zaiqa2.jpg

Best Kachhi Biriyani :

upload_2015-9-27_7-23-33.png

My quest for the best biryani in Karachi.

NOMAN ANSARI

Biryani is magical, containing the power to unite grumpy, hungry Pakistanis. So I set off to find the tastiest in town.

55f2976b7794f.jpg

If there is one thing Pakistanis can agree on (perhaps), it is that they can hardly agree on anything.

But even in an opinionated nation of various religions, ethnicities, and social classes, where evening news programs quickly devolve into shouting matches between people who disagree on politics, sport, music, faith, world events, and the legitimacy of the 1969 moon landing, few things are capable of uniting people like biryani.

Like many Pakistanis, my love affair with the aromatic yellow spicy rice dish began at a young age in my mother’s kitchen.

Growing up in the scorching hot Middle East at a school where the Arab teachers believed in corporal punishment and the stronger students bullied the weaker ones (essentially it was the Guantanamo Bay of schools), nothing mended the soul like coming home to the delightfully intoxicating smell of home cooked Sindhi biryani.

The prickly flavour of spice coupled with the sporadic tastes of sweet plum made the dish feel like a surprise party in the mouth.

5524dd223e523.jpg

Yes, whether we celebrate life, or mourn the passing of a loved one, we invariably do so while chowing down biryani.
Having had the good fortune of travelling to Canada for my education, like any good biryani connoisseur, I made sure I tasted every type ofbiryani whenever I came across an Indian, Sri Lankan, or Bangladeshi restaurant.

The variation in the dishes—depending on the corner of South Asia they originated from was incredibly vast - yet some common themes such as yellowish coloring, spiciness, and general flavor, remained.

Admittedly, perhaps because I had been raised on them, none were as near and dear to my heart as our own biryanis.

This is a nation that loves the dish.

In my twelve years in Pakistan I’ve seen biryani served at birthdays,dholkis, mehndis, weddings, grand openings, anniversaries, graduations, and even funerals. Yes, whether we celebrate life, or mourn the passing of a loved one, we invariably do so while chowing down biryani.

Our love for the food certainly knows no bounds: I’ve witnessed a labourer feeding his poor donkey a plate of left over biryani (hopefully it was followed by some Imodium).

And an actual conversation I witnessed at a wedding recently went something like this:

Guest: “So, what kind of biryani will be served tonight? Sindhi, Hyderabadi, Kashmiri…?”

Groom’s father: “We decided to do something different and servepulao instead.”

Guest (disappointed): “What?”

Full disclosure: the guest was actually me.

My quest for the king of Karachi biryanis began a few month ago when incidentally, I was fifteen pounds lighter. The extra inches around the waist may or may not have something to do with the almost daily consumption of biryani, though I refuse to blame the heavenly meal. (My arteries will disagree, however).
Come to North Nazimabad Block-M to Chaudry Mateen

I've had Biryani from student Biryani many times, my dad always used to bring biryani from there sometimes. It was good, has the standard gone down?

q builder? I don't have a good one in my city but in Southern Cali there were some really good ones, and I really enjoyed them....

Sandy-ji. CrossFit is quite simply dangerous. Go to any serious gym and they will help you in sorting out your exercise routine.

I know people that have seriously injured themselves (tendonitis and worse) from CrossFit.

Sandy-ji. CrossFit is quite simply dangerous. Go to any serious gym and they will help you in sorting out your exercise routine.

I know people that have seriously injured themselves (tendonitis and worse) from CrossFit.
really, Did not know that. I have been working out for a long time, and cross fit was a welcome change, Had fun for a few weeks there. Maybe it differs from location to location, the one me and my wife went to was run by medal winning taekwondo guys. Had fun with tire flips, and muscle ups there, those guys also helped my squat technique. Though have to admit, I like my current small little gym better. It's fun to workout with and around the pros especially during olympia and 212 frenzy...

Are you on bodyspace?

Agreed. Its a fad-routine. *Crossfitters please don't kill me*

My opinion is few months of beginner classes in cross fit might help people trying to get in shape in to the routine. get the fibers firing thorough plyo's and power lifts. Although I did not go through that route- I went through the traditional akhada-gym. A clay ring in the middle of the gym... yep

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom