What's new

My letter to PAF makes sense?

Preacher

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
With due respect, I wanted to make a kind request regarding the criteria of joining the Pakistan Air Force which is indeed a " A Symbol of Pride for the Nation. "

On behalf of many young students who always dreamed and hoped of joining and serving the Pakistan Air Force whether as a pilot, engineer or any other profession. But unfortunatly do not meet eligiblity conditions so are not able to apply and never given a chance because of demand of academic records mostly being conditions like minimum %60 marks. No grade 'C' throughout the academic career etc. to be able to sit in the initial test. Many students are dishearten even if they have passed with %59.88 marks are not eligible to apply.

I believe grades don't define intelligence and are not the best way to judge any candidate. Given the records of corruption or careless and unfair checking of copies in our Education System where students are not rewarded deserved grades or some are even failed unjustly.

I myself is a victim, I fully believe and my faith in Pakistan Air Force say it should give a fair chance to the young people i.e. Candidates who meet all other criteria and eligibility conditions except the required Grades / CGPA to be able to apply & appear in the initial test so they can be evalauted by the Selection Board whether the candidate is good enough to join or not.

I would like to suggest the respected authorities to introduce an aggregate system like admission policy of most of the universities in Pakistan. (Test-based programs.) For example : Candidate who have passed the F.Sc or Equivalent with minimum %45 can sit in the Entrance Test. If they score %60 overall in the test they are eligibile for the course.

I understand this will drastically increase the No. of applications and will make the process further complicated but this by no means degrade the selection process or criteria and will be highly appreciated if considered can help thousands of youngsters acheive their dream of serving this nation.

Thank you.

With due respect, I wanted to make a kind request regarding the criteria of joining the Pakistan Air Force which is indeed a " A Symbol of Pride for the Nation. "

On behalf of many young students who always dreamed and hoped of joining and serving the Pakistan Air Force whether as a pilot, engineer or any other profession. But unfortunatly do not meet eligiblity conditions so are not able to apply and never given a chance because of demand of academic records mostly being conditions like minimum %60 marks. No grade 'C' throughout the academic career etc. to be able to sit in the initial test. Many students are dishearten even if they have passed with %59.88 marks are not eligible to apply.

I believe grades don't define intelligence and are not the best way to judge any candidate. Given the records of corruption or careless and unfair checking of copies in our Education System where students are not rewarded deserved grades or some are even failed unjustly.

I myself is a victim, I fully believe and my faith in Pakistan Air Force say it should give a fair chance to the young people i.e. Candidates who meet all other criteria and eligibility conditions except the required Grades / CGPA to be able to apply & appear in the initial test so they can be evalauted by the Selection Board whether the candidate is good enough to join or not.

I would like to suggest the respected authorities to introduce an aggregate system like admission policy of most of the universities in Pakistan. (Test-based programs.) For example : Candidate who have passed the F.Sc or Equivalent with minimum %45 can sit in the Entrance Test. If they score %60 overall in the test they are eligibile for the course.

I understand this will drastically increase the No. of applications and will make the process further complicated but this by no means degrade the selection process or criteria and will be highly appreciated if considered can help thousands of youngsters acheive their dream of serving this nation.

Thank you.

The criteria remains high because the Services has enough access to well rounded candidates and limited intake. It is unfortunate that it did not work out for you. Do not be disheartened, Inshallah you will find other ways to serve Pakistan.

The criteria remains high because the Services has enough access to well rounded candidates and limited intake. It is unfortunate that it did not work out for you. Do not be disheartened, Inshallah you will find other ways to serve Pakistan.
Thank you so much and yes I undertstand the GDP / CAE is really competitive branch of PAF but I have seen so many cases where the candidates are exceptional in most other qualities why academics given so much importance considering our corrupt education system.

Some people live for it so give them a chance to prove their worth. [emoji4]

why should the AF favour someone who is well rounded with below 6- pc marks over someone who is well rounded with 80 pc marks. Doesnt make sense. Welcome to the real world kid. Results matter sentiments dont.

why should the AF favour someone who is well rounded with below 6- pc marks over someone who is well rounded with 80 pc marks. Doesnt make sense. Welcome to the real world kid. Results matter sentiments dont.
Yes you are partly right that results matter over sentiment but my point is why doesn't armed foeces evaluate the academics instead of our corrupt education system. Our education system is corrupt why should it decide the fate of people. What if 6 - pc out perform a 80 - pc in the initial?

Yes you are partly right that results matter over sentiment but my point is why doesn't armed foeces evaluate the academics instead of our corrupt education system. Our education system is corrupt why should it decide the fate of people. What if 6 - pc out perform a 80 - pc in the initial?
60 pc in fsc or equivalent is a joke. I was an extremely sorry excuse for a student back in the day and even I got 75 pc. Getting below 60 pc doesnt only have to do with academics, it shows that the indl lacks commitment and motivation to study and work hard, lacks discipline to sit down for a decent amount of time and study all of which are required if one is to serve in the military or even excel in civilian life. Kid, I dont mean to sound like a dick but it is what it is.

60 pc in fsc or equivalent is a joke. I was an extremely sorry excuse for a student back in the day and even I got 75 pc. Getting below 60 pc doesnt only have to do with academics, it shows that the indl lacks commitment and motivation to study and work hard, lacks discipline to sit down for a decent amount of time and study all of which are required if one is to serve in the military or even excel in civilian life. Kid, I dont mean to sound like a dick but it is what it is.
But what about those having %59.88 but still are not eligibile this sounds like really stupid idea because if I am correct there are many other factors which matter more than academics during selection process i.e. Intellegence. Interview. Physical. Medical conditions etc.

First, you need to stop calling him a kid excessively. Stop acting like you know everything. He is just sharing an opinion due to and letting his heart out. Second, your academics do not matter for the job. There are people I know in the Def Forces who joined with 60% (59.99 with 2 grace marks to 60%) and are doing a great job making their ways in SFs along. Army even accepted Candidates with 50% when there was OTS (Officers Training School) along with PMA! Many of our Generals/High Ranking Ofcrs are OTS trained with very low percentage in FSc.

Thank you.

I do think you have a point. Even Harvard and MIT take A LOT more into consideration than just GPA, especially standardized testing and their own interviews. One of my peers there was a High School dropout (found it too slow and boring) and was majoring in Physics at an Ivy League --- brilliant guy.

Both the PAF and many other government intakes (CSS, ISI, etc.) need to implement a more sophisticated and well-rounded selection process.

Dear @zulu @Imran Khan @Horus I'd love to hear your opinions on this please give my post a quick read. Thank you :)

I do think you have a point. Even Harvard and MIT take A LOT more into consideration than just GPA, especially standardized testing and their own interviews. One of my peers there was a High School dropout (found it too slow and boring) and was majoring in Physics at an Ivy League --- brilliant guy.

Both the PAF and many other government intakes (CSS, ISI, etc.) need to implement a more sophisticated and well-rounded selection process.

Thanks sir I see someone recently raised the same point in a similar thread calling it a 'Loophole' recently two of my friends who really do have passion and qualities of an officer are ineligible to apply because of same reason and are really in deep depression as its all about passion and hard work and there are many others. :(

First, you need to stop calling him a kid excessively. Stop acting like you know everything. He is just sharing an opinion due to and letting his heart out. Second, your academics do not matter for the job. There are people I know in the Def Forces who joined with 60% (59.99 with 2 grace marks to 60%) and are doing a great job making their ways in SFs along. Army even accepted Candidates with 50% when there was OTS (Officers Training School) along with PMA! Many of our Generals/High Ranking Ofcrs are OTS trained with very low percentage in FSc.
Are you his attorney or something? Anyways I am just calling a spade a spade. Sentiments do not matter in the real world, results do. 60 pc is set as the standard for a reason. Having gone through the enlistment process I think I am in a good position to give feedback. Anyways me calling him a kid was not meant to degrade him. He is probably 17/18 yrs old, what else should I call him?

Are you his attorney or something? Anyways I am just calling a spade a spade. Sentiments do not matter in the real world, results do. 60 pc is set as the standard for a reason. Having gone through the enlistment process I think I am in a good position to give feedback. Anyways me calling him a kid was not meant to degrade him. He is probably 17/18 yrs old, what else should I call him?

I think I was better off committing suicide than sharing my opinion here. You'd be the one complaining people should open up to help fight depression. Ajeeb. :rolleyes:

Come on don't be so serious as here many are of senior age so calling kid just consider like real life where people called u baita and such :) They are here to help dont worry.Did u call them along with email?worth an try but must warn u Forces are not famous for relaxing rules and those are in first place for reason.U wanna apply for GDpilot i suppose?Than your course will heavily consist of maths and Physics thats why they want certain numbers with specific subjects called it baseline.Those who recently appeared or in service can guide u btter but better u call them too and don't take things negative u can apply in next one too wish u good luck :) @Tps43 if u can give some tips would be grateful
I think I was better off committing suicide than sharing my opinion here. You'd be the one complaining people should open up to help fight depression. Ajeeb. :rolleyes:

Come on don't be so serious as here many are of senior age so calling kid just consider like real life where people called u baita and such :) They are here to help dont worry.Did u call them along with email?worth an try but must warn u Forces are not famous for relaxing rules and those are in first place for reason.U wanna apply for GDpilot i suppose?Than your course will heavily consist of maths and Physics thats why they want certain numbers with specific subjects called it baseline.Those who recently appeared or in service can guide u btter but better u call them too and don't take things negative u can apply in next one too wish u good luck :) @Tps43 if u can give some tips would be grateful
Thank you. I showed the same letter to Air Cdre (R) sir Kaiser Tufail he recommended me to send it to DCAS-Trg. AHQ.

I don't think I can apply as they won't let me sit in the initial this has happened with on of my college friends after document check at the center was sent home.

I am sorry to senior members if I made any mistake I am really depresses because there is no way to improve my marks as my F.Sc enrollment was limited 3 years only and cannot be renewed (confirmed by Board Office.). I think I should give up the idea of joining now as even to apply in graduate course they want minum B through academic career. I hope you guys understand my pain.

I am sorry to senior members if I made any mistake I am really depresses because there is no way to improve my marks as my F.Sc enrollment was limited 3 years only and cannot be renewed (confirmed by Board Office.). I think I should give up the idea of joining now as even to apply in graduate course they want minum B through academic career. I hope you guys understand my pain.

Hi Man,
I can understand your pain as i went through the same , mine was different as i got rejected in SSB two times even after clearing the PABT.
But Brother, there is life after Defense Forces. One should accept it & make their own way in other fields in this competitive World. I am telling you this since i spoiled 3 young years of mine crying about this. But finally, we have to move on.
I suggest you try other fields & there are many ways you can serve your nation. it's not just frontline forces.

Back
Top Bottom