What's new

My land is in Afghanistan, and we have nothing in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
They would not like to come to India as they will not get haseesh and naswar..Moreover they wont see people with guns & klashnikovs so they will not feel it like their country.Pakistan quite resemble to Afghanistan.
what a taunt!;) but, yes we will be shocked to see some who finds guns as ornaments! I know, in Uttar pradesh and certain other parts many esp muslims are gun obsessed.

I am not mocking but simply suggesting since you love Afghans so much and India is richer then Pakistan. They why not take all the refugees in?
Well i grew up in Karachi and so did my father. We never saw guns and drugs and religious nut jobs before. When Afghan refugees flooded in all i saw in ever y corner of street were Afghan youth high on heroine. While others were busy smuggling drugs. Back in the days if some one had a gun in Karachi it would be a big deal. But Afghans brought in huge amount of weapons. they even sold weapons to MQM.

My dear,

I have to side with some of our Indian friends on this forum.

We, people of Pakistani decent should learn from the Afghans and Indians -- neither India nor Afghanistan are signatories on the 1951 Refugee Convention.

Can you imagine that the Afghans who constitute the largest refugee population in the history of mankind do not afford this to other suffering people.

It is we, Pakistanis who are fools -- the Afghans do us a great favor when they spit in our faces -- maybe that is the only form of education we are receptive to.

I am not mocking but simply suggesting since you love Afghans so much and India is richer then Pakistan. They why not take all the refugees in?
Well i grew up in Karachi and so did my father. We never saw guns and drugs and religious nut jobs before. When Afghan refugees flooded in all i saw in ever y corner of street were Afghan youth high on heroine. While others were busy smuggling drugs. Back in the days if some one had a gun in Karachi it would be a big deal. But Afghans brought in huge amount of weapons. they even sold weapons to MQM.

I already told you what India was doing according to its limited resources, and why afghanis prefer to go to Pakistan.

If you want to paint all afghans as drug-running, gun-toting criminals you are just another Pakistani who prefers to balme his own problems on external factors and racist generalizations, be it cursing qadiyanis and degrading them openly, or bombing shias every other day.

India already opened a ton of hospitals, railways, roads and humanitarian assistance in Afhganistan. I would want the GoI to do more, but there are priorities.

You seemed to have missed the point of your own thread, they dont want to be refugees.

Anyways India does take in Afghan refugees, but not in numbers like Pak because not every Afghna has the resources to move to India, or for the pobvious fact that Pakistan is closer and many Afghans are welcomed by local pashtun tribes.

Other than that India also has Afghan students on schoilarships and a significant civilian aid program in Afghanistan.

I do agree, most Afghans I have met hate pakistan, but to most extent like india.
afghans don't need to buy tickets for india, they can go by road.....so there is no question of resources..... they comes to pakistan because they are familier with the area.... and they don't have to ask to move here and there.....i met an afghani. he can speak better punjabi than me..... and in pure tone... i was surprised

I think Pakistan should grant citizenship to all Afghans in Pakistan & seal/close/wall the border so that no more refugee comes. I know some Afghans have hate for Pakistan even after Pakistan helped them in their tough times but still i' am pretty sure many many of them are innocent humans. Not to forget most of the Afghan Kids are born in Pakistan & this is now their motherland. After granting them citizenship just educate them so that they will become better Pakistanis.

I do agree, most Afghans I have met hate pakistan, but to most extent like india.

It is not Pakistan but the Indus valley people that are hated by Afghanistanis.

And this hatred goes back centuries.

The hatred is mutual as it is based on the control of resources of the respective regions.

If suppose India in control of Indus valley, Afghanistanis would hate India too.

Didn't mean to drag this discussion towards India-Pak

Just giving my historical perspective.

I think Pakistan should grant citizenship to all Afghans in Pakistan & seal/close/wall the border so that no more refugee comes. I know some Afghans have hate for Pakistan even after Pakistan helped them in their tough times but still i' am pretty sure many many of them are innocent humans. Not to forget most of the Afghan Kids are born in Pakistan & this is now their motherland. After granting them citizenship just educate them so that they will become better Pakistanis.

you Sir speaketh like American Republican party leaders.

Last edited:
I already told you what India was doing according to its limited resources, and why afghanis prefer to go to Pakistan.

If you want to paint all afghans as drug-running, gun-toting criminals you are just another Pakistani who prefers to balme his own problems on external factors and racist generalizations, be it cursing qadiyanis and degrading them openly, or bombing shias every other day.

India already opened a ton of hospitals, railways, roads and humanitarian assistance in Afhganistan. I would want the GoI to do more, but there are priorities.
nobody is blaming them as drug running gun toting criminals its what they are giving Pakistan in return for what pakistani ppl did for them is the main cause of hatered towards them. they consider Pakistan of all the evils as if we asked USSR or USA to attack Afghanistan.

nobody is blaming them as drug running gun toting criminals its what they are giving Pakistan in return for what pakistani ppl did for them is the main cause of hatered towards them. they consider Pakistan of all the evils as if we asked USSR or USA to attack Afghanistan.

You did side with US twice to invade Afghanistan with Taliban and then US troops.

Their accusations are not baseless.

It is a little worrying when people keep pushing Pakistan to do this and that...

1st US pushes Pakistan to invade Afghanistan (help against Russia and then help War on terror) for some favours or via threat (only 2 options that are ever on the table) ...Had we refused there would be similar thread going, Pakistan didnt help America in war on terror and lobbies with terrorist or something...Heck such threads are still going on! So I am not sure why the extreme swinging against Pakistan...

2nd Pakistan is pushed into taking Afghan refugee- some we took with open heart but when crime rates increased plus our own people dont get enough how can we provide for our guests we are trying...but they are alot and still coming!!

3rd Pakistan is again pushed to treat them as kings when the common mother at home cant tell if her child will be back from school safely or not, a father is worried if he has enough to put food on the table, a child cries in a corner because he/ she has lost a family member and suddenly is an orphan....we dont have the luxury to treat our guests as Kings....

If those of you who can please do take them and handle with love and care! Those who cant please appreciate what is being done...its not like there are only 10s or 100s of them they come in hundreds of thousands!!

And mind you many do get citizenship and even then do crimes so I am not sure why or what is wrong...Pakistan is not a welfare country it cant provide for these people the way many common Pakistani would like to provide....So why cant people appreciate the little being done instead of offering empty suggestions? If another country had wanted to take them, dont you think that would have already been done over the past decade of war in Afghanistan...

As for them crossing the border, they know what is happening in the country, instead of being thankful they are away from the dropping bombs, brutal killing they want to complain that they didnt get fed on a gold plate?

Seriously someone needs to weight out their priority...Is life important even if it is that of a refugee in Pakistan or is it important to cry about their land and die crying in Afghanistan?

Just my 2 cents....

@bandit
Try reading the post for a change:

ISLAMABAD (AP) — For more than three decades, Pakistan has been home to one of the world's largest refugee communities: hundreds of thousands of Afghans who have fled the repeated wars and fighting in their country.

Since the 2001 U.S.-led invasion of Afghanistan, some 3.8 million have returned home, according to the United Nations' refugee agency. But nearly 1.6 million registered Afghan refugees remain in Pakistan, with roughly another million living here illegally.
What about the unregistered?

Whole generations of Afghan children have been born and raised in Pakistan, often living in poverty and uncertainty. Awal Gul, 12, lives in a slum on the outskirts of the capital, Islamabad. He's never gone to school and instead works as a day laborer at a nearby vegetable market. He dreams of becoming a famous cricket player and representing his homeland.
We are raising generations of them! Not just 1 or 2 individuals....

The Afghan population in Pakistan is the legacy of Afghanistan's repeated conflicts. Millions streamed across the border after the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan in 1979, the start of a decade-long war against the occupation. After the Soviets pulled out, the country was torn apart by fighting between warlords, and more Afghans fled. When the Taliban rose to power in 1996, their strict form of Sunni Islam further terrorized the population.
How is Pakistan alone to blame?

Most of the refugees can't fathom returning to Afghanistan. They may feel like outsiders in Pakistan, but they say their homeland is still too violent and desperately poor.
They know the situation yet refuse to appreciate the little their host is providing?

But many Pakistanis are growing frustrated with the toll they say the refugee population is taking on their country, and pressure is mounting on the government to send them back. The Afghans are perceived as bringing crime and terrorism to Pakistan and have a hard time finding jobs or sending their children to school.
No country takes in this many refugees and rejoices...esp if the country itself is not stable! We can always hear other countries (UK, Australia, Italy) protesting about their refugee problems and these are more stable nations...Why single out Pakistan? We have more refugees than any of the said countries have ever experienced! Despite trying to be hospitalible we are again blamed...

Do this and we blame you do that and the other party blames you....

A man can get discouraged many times but he is not a failure until he begins to blame somebody else and stops trying.
John Burroughs

When you cease to exist, then who will you blame?
Bob Dylan

Pakistan hosts 1.61 million registered Afghan refugees

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan still hosts over 1.61 million registered Afghan refugees, the largest and most protracted refugee population in the world, said a document of UNHCR.

Since March 2002, the United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) has facilitated the return of almost 3.8 million registered Afghan refugees from the country.

An official of UNHCR said thanks to the generous support provided by the Government of Pakistan, some refugee villages in the provinces of Balochistan, KP and Punjab are established on government-owned land; refugee children have access to public schools; and refugees have access to public health clinic.

Responding to a question, he said UNHCR assists 1.61 million Afghan refugees in Pakistan, 592,648 of whom live in 81 refugee villages.

Pakistan hosts 1.61 million registered Afghan refugees - thenews.com.pk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom