Status
Not open for further replies.

pakistani342

Reaction score
Country
United States
In Pakistan, Portraits Of Afghan Children Show Toll Of Refugee Situation

Photo essay on Huffington Post here, excerpts below:

Awal Gul, 12, lives in a slum on the outskirts of the capital, Islamabad. He's never gone to school and instead works as a day laborer at a nearby vegetable market. He dreams of becoming a famous cricket player and representing his homeland.

"My land is in Afghanistan, and we have nothing in Pakistan," he said.

o-AFGHANISTAN-570.jpg

o-AFGHANISTAN-570.jpg

o-AFGHANISTAN-570.jpg

o-AFGHANISTAN-900.jpg

o-AFGHANISTAN-900.jpg

o-AFGHANISTAN-900.jpg

o-AFGHANISTAN-900.jpg

o-AFGHANISTAN-900.jpg

That's the spirit my boy. Now go back to your land. :)

Well I have to commend the boy, he is 12 years old, he has no education but there is such clarity in his views -- Afareen! Afareen!

I think we Pakistani people deserve being mocked - a 12 year uneducated boy has better clarity than our educated elite.

Well India could, say welcome them as refugees - I'm sure the Afghan refugees would gladly go to India: Afghans love Indians and hate Pakistanis.

You seemed to have missed the point of your own thread, they dont want to be refugees.

Anyways India does take in Afghan refugees, but not in numbers like Pak because not every Afghna has the resources to move to India, or for the pobvious fact that Pakistan is closer and many Afghans are welcomed by local pashtun tribes.

Other than that India also has Afghan students on schoilarships and a significant civilian aid program in Afghanistan.

I do agree, most Afghans I have met hate pakistan, but to most extent like india.

Oh this baby is so cute, we should keep him in Pakistan, give him citizenship.. plz plz.....

Lol you're acting like he's a cute little puppy you find on the street and beg your parents to keep.

You seemed to have missed the point of your own thread, they dont want to be refugees.

Anyways India does take in Afghan refugees, but not in numbers like Pak because not every Afghna has the resources to move to India, or for the pobvious fact that Pakistan is closer and many Afghans are welcomed by local pashtun tribes.

Other than that India also has Afghan students on schoilarships and a significant civilian aid program in Afghanistan.

I do agree, most Afghans I have met hate pakistan, but to most extent like india.

Welcome them in millions. They will bring guns, drugs and madarasah islam to India then we will see how you like them.

Oh this baby is so cute, we should keep him in Pakistan, give him citizenship.. plz plz.....

Poor kid caught up in politics.

You have seemed to have missed my point too - your expression of a desire to help is mostly empty - the cost which India incurs, which is a much larger and richer country than Pakistan is negligible.

Further, the cost you personally bear is possibly even less - my mom has to put up with their hostility in Gulberg Lahore.

My heart bleeds for the Martians too, my unrequited love for them is similarly supreme.

Welcome them in millions. They will bring guns, drugs and madarasah islam to India then we will see how you like them.

Are you mocking the refugees?

Are you saying that "guns, drugs and madarasah islam" are carried by the Afghan refugees?

Was Pakistan a model society that a fraction of its population worth Afghan refugees managed to subvert.

You have seemed to have missed my point too - your expression of a desire to help is mostly empty - the cost which India incurs, which is a much larger and richer country than Pakistan is negligible.
My heart bleeds for the Martians too, my unrequited love for them is similarly supreme.

We still try to help them, rather than try to establish control over them by terrorism and mis-treating their refugees.,

Are you saying that "guns, drugs and madarasah islam" are carried by the Afghan refugees?

Was Pakistan a model society that a fraction of its population worth Afghan refugees managed to subvert.

We still try to help them, rather than try to establish control over them by terrorism and mis-treating their refugees.,

My dear,

you are much smarter than me
- the person I have hosted in my house hates me

When I visited his god forsaken house
- my guest beat me

yes I am the epitome of stupidity.

I am not mocking but simply suggesting since you love Afghans so much and India is richer then Pakistan. They why not take all the refugees in?
Well i grew up in Karachi and so did my father. We never saw guns and drugs and religious nut jobs before. When Afghan refugees flooded in all i saw in ever y corner of street were Afghan youth high on heroine. While others were busy smuggling drugs. Back in the days if some one had a gun in Karachi it would be a big deal. But Afghans brought in huge amount of weapons. they even sold weapons to MQM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom