What's new

[Must read] “Pakistan believes I am pro-India. Yes, I am" Abdullah Abdullah

A weaker and smaller county blames bigger neighbor for meddling in her affairs and holds a grudge. Tell us something new. :coffee:

Good. You can do better. Furthermore, always remember, sovereignty belongs to those who can keep it, under all internal and external stresses. Last time I checked, we took them out of the clutches of USSR, risking our hides. Which basically means, we own them. Of course you are right, they are free to try whatever they want, in the end, in all probability it will be us deciding their future.

People who don't learn from history, are bound to repeat it. USSR tried it, US tried it, would India like to adopt them now, or is it going to be like dual custody between you guys and the US? I say, you are welcome, in the meantime the dragon rises, and us with them. Be our guests.
You forget one thing - while we do help the Afghans, we still rise faster than the dragon now. Our growth rates now exceed theirs.

For us, everything else that we do is noise ..at the center of our affairs the goal of a faster economic rise are omnipresent.
You mistake our engagement in Afghanistan as being a central pillar of our affairs. Its not even of tertiary importance to us.

This is where us and Pakistanis differ - for them - these 'strategic affairs' are the staple diet of the day, for us our growth rates are. And while we have just recently started beating the Chinese growth rates, but we beat Pakistani growth rates by a massive margin each year. So the gap between India and Pakistan only grows year on year.

While GoI will certainly help the Afghans, we are not anyone's babysitters. The Afghans need to help themselves, so whatever they decide - whether that be paying Pakistan back in exactly the same coin or just focus on economic upliftment of Afghans, we will support them fully in both endeavours.

2w3p7vm.jpg

5z1kcg.jpg

15dsahy.jpg

zkqqo6.jpg

2whkwom.jpg

2lsbfw2.jpg

5alzeo.jpg
[/

Amount of aid aND economic assistance Pakistan has provided to Afghanistan.
These r ungreatful people dude we should stop this all.

Let's forget your last paragraph, that's just an average Indian talking, high on bollywood-bhel-puri. Now let's analyze rest of your post. Have you ever considered that for Pakistan, it's geography alone maybe something very milk-able? Again, forget the Afghans, they are irrelevant, no matter how you paint them, everyone knows it.

You forget one thing - while we do help the Afghans, we rise faster than the dragon now. Our growth rates now exceed theirs.

For us, everything else that we do is noise ..at the center of our affairs the goal of a faster economic rise are omnipresent.
You mistake our engagement in Afghanistan as being a central pillar of our affairs. Its not even of tertiary importance to us.

This is where us and Pakistanis differ - for them - these 'strategic affairs' are the staple diet of the day, for us our growth rates are.

Great read "Impressions from Kabul" here, excerpts below:

“Pakistan believes I am pro-India. Yes, I am and there are reasons for every Afghan to be pro-India.” This is how Dr Abdullah Abdullah, Chief Executive Officer of the Afghanistan’s Unity Government begins his talks after formally greeting the Pakistani delegation of Afghanistan-Pakistan Track 1.5/2 Dialogue at his palatial office in the heart of Kabul.

For the visiting Pakistani delegates, Dr Abdullah’s comments were not unusual. Their interactions with senior media persons, members of civil society, cabinet ministers and political elites had made them realise that the only issue on which all Afghans are united is ‘hatred for Pakistan’.

Any Afghan you meet in Kabul will tell you — “Pakistan is imposing Taliban on us”.

But, personally, this unprecedented hike in anti-Pakistan sentiment among the Kabulis is quite alarming. This level of mistrust and hatred was never witnessed during the previous visits to Afghan capital.

While further commenting on the popular perception in Pakistan that he is heading a pro-Indian lobby in Afghan capital, he said, “Those [Taliban] coming from Pakistan are killing innocent Afghans, imposing their ideologies and destabilising the legitimate Afghan government…”

Afghan President Dr Ashraf Ghani echoed the same sentiments while addressing the participants of the Heart of Asia Conference in Islamabad just days after our meeting with Dr Abdullah. “There had been considerable uncertainty whether Pakistan would truly acknowledge a sovereign Afghan state with its legitimate government and constitution,” said Dr Ghani, while sharing the chair of the conference with Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.

“We praise Pakistan for what? For sending terrorists, killing innocent Afghans and destabilising legitimate regimes?” he added. “And the Afghans feel that Pakistan is still working on the agenda of bringing Taliban to rule Kabul.”
Let's gift him 3 million Afghan refugees living in Pakistan and then let him be pro-whate dafuq he wants, ungrateful sob

3 million??????????......that's the "official documented" figure. Just got back from Pakistan over a month ago and many said the real figure (since the soviet invasion of 1980-88) was actually far closer to 15 million legal and illegal Afghans living in Pakistan. If Afghanistan becomes too problematic for Pakistan, all we need to do is seal the Afghan/Pakistan border. The last time we sealed the Afghan/Pakistan border for a week, Karzai went crying to the UN and america claiming that starvation and national collapse were imminent if the border wasn't reopened. If we did that again and started sending Afghans from Pakistan back to Afghanistan then Afghanistan would suffer a massive catastrophe. The pro indian stance would disappear. I hope it doesn't come to that. The Afghans are fully aware that they are completely reliant on Pakistan for the survival. They resent that fact. A few of the young, wealthy, liberal and idealist Afghans feel they need india's help to overcome this painful reality.

Let's forget your last paragraph, that's just an average Indian talking, high on bollywood-bhel-puri. Now let's analyze rest of your post. Have you ever considered that for Pakistan, it's geography alone maybe something very milk-able? Again, forget the Afghans, they are irrelevant, no matter how you paint them, everyone knows it.
I don't talk without facts mate. My statement on growth rates are verifiable. Talking about an achievement does not make it 'bollywoody'.

As far as Pakistan is concerned - I disagree that Pakistan's geography is milkable. While it does give Pakistan some revenue, Pakistanis seem to massively over rate it.

The calculations on Pakistan becoming the landing point of Chinese goods are mind blowingly .... low in potential when calculating that the population density in the Chinese region along with the cost of transportation. While you as a Pakistani may be inclined to disagree with me here - time will prove me right. I hope we can compare notes a decade from now over this.

You should actually see the pace of developmental work that is going on. It passes right smack through my lands at different sections. Yeah, why not compare notes in ten years time. There must be something in it that people are putting hugeeeee amounts of money where their mouth is.

While you as a Pakistani may be inclined to disagree with me here - time will prove me right. I hope we can compare notes a decade from now over this.

3 million??????????......that's the "official documented" figure. Just got back from Pakistan over a month ago and many said the real figure (since the soviet invasion of 1980-88) was actually far closer to 15 million legal and illegal Afghans living in Pakistan. If Afghanistan becomes too problematic for Pakistan, all we need to do is seal the Afghan/Pakistan border. The last time we sealed the Afghan/Pakistan border for a week, Karzai went crying to the UN and america claiming that starvation and national collapse were imminent if the border wasn't reopened. If we did that again and started sending Afghans from Pakistan back to Afghanistan then Afghanistan would suffer a massive catastrophe. The pro indian stance would disappear. I hope it doesn't come to that. The Afghans are fully aware that they are completely reliant on Pakistan for the survival. They resent that fact. A few of the young, wealthy, liberal and idealist Afghans feel they need india's help to overcome this painful reality.
Thanks for correcting me. I just heard it from Hina Rabbani's mouth the other day. Sorry I'm just learning and updating my info about Pakistan through pdf and sheikh google and aunt Wikipedia :). But even 3 million Afghan refugees out the total 15 millions, will be enough to bring Abdullah Abdullah to his senses .

The thing is Indians, who are close with former Northern Alliance leaders involved in the narcotics trade, Bacha Baazi, human trafficking and a plethora of human rights abuses shouldn't be talking about what's good for Afghanistan and what isn't. Who knows what will happen when your treasured Afghan democracy collapses after one of your ex-warlord buddies decides that it's better to go back to the old days when they were raping women alongside their militiamen?

In the posts you quoted, not sure where you saw us advocating what is good for Afghans. Freudian slip, may be?

You should actually see the pace of developmental work that is going on. It passes right smack through my lands at different sections. Yeah, why not compare notes in ten years time. There must be something in it that people are putting hugeeeee amounts of money where their mouth is.
Good for you, I can only hope for your sake that the value of your lands has risen and you gain personally.

As far as putting money on this goes - we see more noise than substance. The FDI figures for Pakistan are published yearly. We don't have to do guesswork there. Pakistan's FDI in the last 3 years is amongst the lowest among its peer group.
And you know what mate? Allow me to indulge you, I would bet you that the entire $45 billion (as per the Pakistani news reports) investment/loans that Pakistan is taking from China does not even materialize over a 10 year period. So let us compare the FDI figures from China each year starting 2014. Because after all money being sent to Pakistan would be an accurate indicator of the work being done.

In the posts you quoted, not sure where you saw us advocating what is good for Afghans. Freudian slip, may be?

Come on, I've been on this forum for 5 years as an observer and 1 as a member, and seeing Indians on the Afghan forum, crying crocodile tears for their "Afghan brothers", it's easy to see they believe their special, infallible brand of warlords involved in drug trafficking, ethnic massacres and Bacha Baazi are the best thing for Afghanistan and anyone who says otherwise is a Jihadist.

Come on, I've been on this forum for 5 years as an observer and 1 as a member, and seeing Indians on the Afghan forum, crying crocodile tears for their "Afghan brothers", it's easy to see they believe their special, infallible brand of warlords involved in drug trafficking, ethnic massacres and Bacha Baazi are the best thing for Afghanistan and anyone who says otherwise is a Jihadist.

We are supporting, though word and deed the democratic setup in Afghanistan that is headed by a Pashtun close to Pakistan. Your observations are flawed. Why would we support bachabazi? Do you want me to take your accusations seriously?

You seem to believe Pakistan can do no wrong. There is open support for Taliban on the forum, their leadership is in Quetta, Naseeruddin Haqqani was killed not in NW, but in Islamabad. Making ridiculous accusations against Indians is NOT going to cut it. Is Pakistan capable of course correction?

Back
Top Bottom