What's new

Muslim extremists attempted 'uprising' in Xinjiang: China

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malang

BANNED
Reaction score
Beijing-New York (PTI): Muslim extremists in Xinjiang had tried to stage an "uprising" against the Chinese rule in the restive oil-rich region last month when Beijing was engaged in quelling pro-independence protests in Tibet, the local government said on wednesday.

A "small number of elements" tried to incite "splittism, create disturbances in the market place and even trick the masses into an uprising," it said on its website.

There were no reports of injuries and the situation had returned to normal, the local government said, linking the people involved in the protest with what it called "three evil forces", an expression that China uses to refer to separatism, religious extremism and terrorism.

The US-funded Radio Free Asia said the Uyghurs had staged protests on March 23 and 24 in two areas in Khotan prefecture following the death of a prominent Uyghur businessman and philanthropist Mutallip Hajim, 38, in police custody.

The protest, which the government said was controlled by the police intervention, came as China was wrestling with the unrest in Tibet, which had erupted on a scale not seen in the last two decades after monks-led demonstrations in the capital city of Lhasa broke into violence, leaving 20 people dead.

The confirmation of the incident also comes close on the heels of China saying last month that a 19-year old woman suspect, an Uygur ethnic, had confessed to her role in the foiled terrorist plot to crash a Beijing-bound passenger aircraft from Urumqi, the capital of Xinjiang.

Beijing had earlier claimed to have foiled another plot targeting the upcoming Olympics here with the killing of two terrorists in the same region in January this year. The plane plot was blamed on Eastern Turkestan "separatist forces."

The Hindu News Update Service

This is reported in the international media too.

However, it is to China's credit that they have over the years with excellent diplomacy neutralised the Islamic nations and so the furore of ''ummah'', "Moslem Brotherhood" and such like heard elsewhere, will not be heard for these people.

They have to battle it out on their own in their Shangri La.

It is only the West which will shed tears for them.

As China is trying to build a society of law and order, any lawless mobs/terrorists will surely be met with iron fists.

China is not India.

Too much of fist and less of law and order!

This is reported in the international media too.

However, it is to China's credit that they have over the years with excellent diplomacy neutralised the Islamic nations and so the furore of ''ummah'', "Moslem Brotherhood" and such like heard elsewhere, will not be heard for these people.

They have to battle it out on their own in their Shangri La.

I know where you are going with this. Now let me put a stop to it here.Did you ever heard of a place known as Chechnya and Pakistan's stance over the issue? let me refresh your bigot memory " it is Russia's internal matter" Now wasnt chechnya a muslim majority area and so according to your theory the muslim brotherhood card should have been played there as well because we have no real interests with the Russians unlike in the case of china for which you protay us as a hypocrite, but then again that did not happen as pakistan made it very clear so it is more of a slap on your face and on all those who think that pakistan made kashmir issue by just playing the muslim ummah brotherhood card.

Kashmir as a disputed terrority has being accepted by both pakistan and india under the UN resolution which india latter on rejected them and started calling Kashmir as an integral part of india denying the people of kashmir the right to plebiscite which is an open violation of the UN resolutions over kashmir.I dont want to go into any more details regarding kashmir and derail the thread so my suggestion to you Mr.Salim is that stop posing BS and stop hijacking every chinese thread by relating it to kashmir or Muslim ummah brotherhood and face the reality.

It is only the West which will shed tears for them

West and India, since both cant see muslims being suppressed by these communist. How touchy:disagree:

I know where you are going with this. Now let me put a stop to it here.Did you ever heard of a place known as Chechnya and Pakistan's stance over the issue? let me refresh your bigot memory " it is Russia's internal matter" Now wasnt chechnya a muslim majority area and so according to your theory the muslim brotherhood card should have been played there as well because we have no real interests with the Russians unlike in the case of china for which you protay us as a hypocrite, but then again that did not happen as pakistan made it very clear so it is more of a slap on your face and on all those who think that pakistan made kashmir issue by just playing the muslim ummah brotherhood card.

Kashmir as a disputed terrority has being accepted by both pakistan and india under the UN resolution which india latter on rejected them and started calling Kashmir as an integral part of india denying the people of kashmir the right to plebiscite which is an open violation of the UN resolutions over kashmir.I dont want to go into any more details regarding kashmir and derail the thread so my suggestion to you Mr.Salim is that stop posing BS and stop hijacking every chinese thread by relating it to kashmir or Muslim ummah brotherhood and face the reality.

West and India, since both cant see muslims being suppressed by these communist. How touchy:disagree:

I am sure you have heard of Chechnya too! What is the reason for not creating a hue and cry over it? Guess? The same reason why Pakistani is boiling mad with the US and can do nothing tangible! They are too powerful, that is why.

If Pakistan has no connection or interest with the Chechnya issue, pray, what is its connection with Palestine or Israel?

Good for you not to dive into Kashmir. Why flog a dead horse?

Dear IC,

Well Salahuddin does not agree with you as far as Chechnya and calls for the Ummah to support all muslim causes world but even he forgets the mulsims of Xinjiang. Hats off to Chinese foreign policy no one has the guts to criticize China. Personally I feel China's iron fisted approach in crushing these fanatics is valid and Tibet and Taiwan are the only outstanding issues which hopefully will be solved peacefully in a manner similiar to Hong Kong and that will make China truly a great power.

Regards

Pakistan: Militant chief vows to fight on until Kashmir is liberated from India

By SADAQAT JAN,Associated Press Writer AP - Monday, 7 April 2007

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan - An Islamic militant leader vowed Sunday to keep battling India until it grants independence to the Himalayan Kashmir region and urged increased backing for Muslim fighters in conflicts elsewhere in the world.

Syed Salahuddin, chief of the Hezb-ul-Mujahedeen militant group, also said rulers of Muslim nations "have become facilitators of the enemy" _ an apparent reference to collaboration with the United States.

Salahuddin spoke at a gathering of about 500 people who chanted "Our way of life, jihad, jihad!" and "God is great!" Organizers said they included militants from India's part of divided Kashmir and Afghanistan as well as relatives of those killed in the two conflict zones.

Signs promoting jihad, or holy war, were displayed inside a hall in a mosque in Rawalpindi, near the capital Islamabad. Video CDs purportedly showing militant operations in Afghanistan, Kashmir, Iraq and Chechnya were on sale.

Hezb-ul-Mujahedeen is the largest of about a dozen rebel groups that have been fighting for Kashmir's independence from India or its merger with Pakistan since 1989, a conflict that has killed more than 68,000 people, mostly civilians. Pakistan has denied that Hezb-ul-Mujaheedeen operates on its territory.

Salahuddin, one of India's most wanted men, delivered a speech in which he repeatedly branded U.S. President George W. Bush as "satan."

"Jihad will continue in Kashmir as long as a single Indian soldier is there," Salahuddin said.

"Muslim nations...are not supporting the mujahedeen in Kashmir, Afghanistan, Palestine, Iraq and Chechnya," he added. "Muslim rulers have become the facilitators of the enemy. Muslims have been labeled as terrorists and handed over to the enemy to receive dollars."

Kashmir is divided between India and Pakistan, but the territory is claimed by both countries. The two archrivals have fought two of their three wars over the disputed territory since their independence from British rule in 1947.

Dear IC,

Well Salahuddin does not agree with you as far as Chechnya and calls for the Ummah to support all muslim causes world but even he forgets the mulsims of Xinjiang. Hats off to Chinese foreign policy no one has the guts to criticize China. Personally I feel China's iron fisted approach in crushing these fanatics is valid and Tibet and Taiwan are the only outstanding issues which hopefully will be solved peacefully in a manner similiar to Hong Kong and that will make China truly a great power.

Well AN Salahuddin does not drive pakistan's foreign policy, its the GOP. And if president Musharraf says that Chechnya is Russia's internal matter, it means that Pakistan considers chechnya as an internal matter of Russia and that is what counts. There isnt much Salahuddin or anyone else could do about it rather then just rant.

If Pakistan has no connection or interest with the Chechnya issue, pray, what is its connection with Palestine or Israel?

Again this is not the thread to drag Palestine and Israel in.Open a seperate thread and I'll be glad to answer as to what is Pakistan's connection with the two.:toast_sign:

Well AN Salahuddin does not drive pakistan's foreign policy, its the GOP. And if president Musharraf says that Chechnya is Russia's internal matter, it means that Pakistan considers chechnya as an internal matter of Russia and that is what counts. There isnt much Salahuddin or anyone else could do about it rather then just rant.

I am happy if your views are correct but remember as per Salahuddin he has 20000 armed trained militants / jihadists under his control. I don't think Pakistan can afford another OBL in its territory.

Regards

IC,

With reference to you last post.

I won't belabour any more.

You have nothing worthwhile to say and your argument is convoluted.

Chechnya is no concern of Pakistan and yet the ummah is important in Palestine!

And yet, both are not in the proximity of Pakistan!

I have no interest in starting a thread on it. This was just to indicate that it is matter of convenience that you adopt to drive hard your point of view and blatantly ignoring events and working up a web of "facts" that are but figment of imagination and does not stand scrutiny!!

I am happy if your views are correct but remember as per Salahuddin he has 20000 armed trained militants / jihadists under his control. I don't think Pakistan can afford another OBL in its territory.

Regards

The point is AN that even india accepts that militancy in kashmir has come down to an all low then ever before. Which means that if we go by Salahuddin having 20000 men, the case would have been different. Salahuddin may have influence over some, but IMO the number is not to an extent to pose anykind of a threat to Pakistan itself or anywhere else.

The point is AN that even india accepts that militancy in kashmir has come down to an all low then ever before. Which means that if we go by Salahuddin having 20000 men, the case would have been different. Salahuddin may have influence over some, but IMO the number is not to an extent to pose anykind of a threat to Pakistan itself or anywhere else.

Dear IC,

While it is true most the actions of Hizbul is India centric just as OBL was Russian centric but if you see history after sometime people trained in these camps or by the Hizbul maynot see eye to eye with the GOP and then carry out an act which would affect pakistan as whole. You have seen what the actions of OBL and the killer of Daniel Pearl did for Pakistan?

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom