What's new

Multiple Terrorist groups claim Wagah Border attack, 55 people killed.

My point is there are internal weaknesses pakistan needs to fix. The very fact that Taliban favored some parties over others tells you something. PTI is actually bad news for fight against terrorism.
--
may be
you have point
i think for taliban it was more soft targert to target jalsa... which could ahve killed many.. made caos in place ..
caos in plotical class .. it was simple and effective if then wanted... but they did not did that
--
i think IK was if not with them he was not aginst them too..
what was his policy where he won wrt to taliban/ttp/ terroristcan you tell ?

My point is there are internal weaknesses pakistan needs to fix. The very fact that Taliban favored some parties over others tells you something. PTI is actually bad news for fight against terrorism.

PML-N was also spared by TTP- and it won the elections and currently is the ruling party-
Zarb e Azab started during PML-N president Nawaz Shareef current tenure-
how come PTI will be a bad news?-

PML-N was also spared by TTP- and it won the elections and currently is the ruling party-
Zarb e Azab started during PML-N president Nawaz Shareef current tenure-
how come PTI will be a bad news?-

Maybe you are right. As long as Pakistan can have a united front against terrorists that would be good.

So expose Indian involvement in front of International community like we did in case of Taj Hotel.

You people always expose just like this....:-)

df874a889fe6535fb981c38d6f54e6e7.jpg

Bhaarat declares Manzar Imam a master mind behind Hyderabad blast....:omghaha:
Manzar Imam was a member of MQM killed in a targeted attack on 17 Jan, 2013....

Last edited:
Believe me No other country would like to kill innocent civilians.
sadly all civilized and uncivilized world does that. now we have fancy names for them called blackops.
a fellow Indian is running a thread about American CIA backed terrorism in Latin America for example.
the west managed to kill over millions of Iraqis in the name of sanctions against the Sadam and then killed even more civilians.

sometimes countries find it easy to harm the softer targets to cause misery, chaos and helplessness. killing civilians is not sole domain of organic terrorist organisations.

but sometimes civilian bounce back, e.g the American people started to wave flags right after 911 showing the terrorists that they cant be subdued or frightened. and so did the Pakistanis by coming to the ceremony next day at Wahgah and chanting slogans.

I appreciate your post and applaud your thinking. I wish more people exist also in Pakistan like you so that we bury this terrorism against the civilians forever.

now I pray the safe and comfortable stay of Sikhs in Hassan Abdal and their same journey back home
Amen. also the shias are also busy mourning and I pray that they stay safe. and I am holding my breath to see if they will escape the deadly attacks of sectarian terrorists or not

Will Pakistan wake up after Wagah bombing? - thenews.com.pk

Mazhar Abbas
Tuesday, November 04, 2014
From Print Edition

71bba6e131ffba4ae8c962715a374814.jpg

The Wagah border suicide bombing was yet another wake-up call not only for the security agencies, but also for the whole Pakistan. Keeping in mind the sensitivity of the place and the nature of the ceremony held there every day, it is most alarming to asses why the attackers selected this place and what could be the possible repercussions.

Wagah is the place where you always find a “united Pakistan.” If you cross Wagah, you enter India and vice versa. Every day, thousands witness the flag-lowering ceremony at the parade ground complex, particularly on Sunday, and to cheer their security personnel the crowds chant emotional slogans of “Allah-o-Akbar” and “Pakistan Zindabad.”

It is more than just festivity, where emotions are also involved and you find thousands of Pakistanis and Indians attending, not to fight but to cheer their security personnel. People from different parts of the country often take their families to witness the ceremony. But it was a bloody Sunday on Nov 3. Our heads hung in shame when fellow Pakistanis were found picking up the bodies and body parts of their beloved ones, including women and children. Blood was all around. Minutes before these scenes, Pakistanis were raising the morale of their security forces.

A suicide bomber reportedly blew himself up, killing over 60 people and injuring around 200. It was certainly an attack on Pakistan, but will this attack wake up Pakistan and our leadership or will we continue living in a state of denial?

It is a big challenge not only for the civil-military leadership but also for the political parties to bury their political differences and join forces against the enemy. Pakistan cannot afford political uncertainty and internal disturbance at this stage.

Militancy has even taken away our “home grounds.” We play a home series in Abu Dhabi and Sharjah, which are now considered our home grounds. We have not been able to hold our regular Pakistan Day Parade since 2004 at the Parade Ground, which is being used by Imran Khan for his dharna. Pakistan’s meeting with the international financial institutions like the IMF are also been held in Dubai.

The most amazing part of this long war has been our own confusion about its ownership. We still look for “ifs and buts” while discussing sensitive issues like the attack at the Wagah border post. We still think Pakistan became a US ally after 9/11 without going into history that we became its ally in the 50s after signing four major contracts and joined the Seato and Cento kind of pacts.

We still find it difficult to assess how we became the only country in the world which has so many outlawed groups or non-state actors, who are more trained than our law-enforcement agencies. We are still not able to understand that merely becoming a nuclear power is not enough for our growth unless we become an economic power.

Our media is still not mature enough to understand the dynamics of “conflict reporting” or “war reporting.” What kind of responsible role does the media need to play in such a situation? We are certainly far behind in this direction, too.

Sunday’s carnage was not the first or the last suicide attack. It was the first major attack since the launch of Operation Zarb-e-Azb in North Waziristan. It came at a time when the country was already on the “highest alert” Retaliation was expected, but the selection of the Wagah border signifies other aspects as well.

Why did the attacker or mastermind choose Wagah? Was it simply revenge or was there something more? Who was the actual target? The common man or security forces personnel? Had the attacker managed to cross the final check post, the number of casualties could have been much higher.

However, if a premier intelligence agency had issued an early “alert” about the attack at Wagah, why were people were not stopped from attending the ceremony for a day or two?

It is certainly not an intelligence failure since the authorities concerned had been informed about the specific target in advance and the venue was also mentioned. It is not time for a blame game but the fact remains that if the Interior Ministry had issued the alert, why was the ceremony not kept simple?

Pakistan was in a state of war even much before 9/11, but in this major operation in North Waziristan, retaliation can come in a different form, which may not be confined to security agencies but the common man can also come under attack as happened on Sunday.

Karachi, a city of 20 million people, has lots of “Waziristans” and, if not controlled, can become a battleground. In the last few months, the police and Rangers have claimed killing many militants linked with al-Qaeda and the Taliban, but the recent attempt at a jailbreak has once again alarmed the authorities.

The attack at the Karachi Airport a few months back was an ‘eye-opener’ for the Sindh government. In the last few weeks many gangs linked with al-Qaeda and Taliban were also arrested or killed in Sohrab Goth — one of the safe havens.

Southern Punjab is yet another breeding ground to recruit young, unemployed and motivated youth. Thus, if large number of militants could be found in Sindh and Punjab, it would not be difficult to assess the situation in Khyber Pakhtunkhawa and Balochistan.

Thus, it’s a wake-up call for all, as more attacks are possible in the coming weeks and months as Operation Zarb-e-Azb may continue for several months. But people should not be stopped from witnessing the flag-lowering ceremony at the Wagah border to cheer their security forces. It is a symbolic event, which must continue.

The writer is a senior analyst, host and columnist for Geo, The News and Jang Group.

I liked to think so too much the ending sentence didnt seem right
I will let it pass. it cant hurt us more than what the terrorists have achieved already.

I'm going to take one more shot at explaining this. That is because I don't think of you as being an unreasonable poster & would prefer that you don't have a wrong take on what I said.

This was posted by a member:

A low-key yet emotional flag lowering ceremony was held at Wagah Border a day after a deadly suicide killed over 50

This was the flag lowering ceremony the next evening. Either by purpose or by design, Indian spectators were not let in allowing for Pakistanis to commemorate the solemnity of the event without any Indian counter cheering.

So I said this:

Whether by accident or by design, I'm glad that there weren't many Indian spectators there. This was a day for Pakistanis & I'm glad you were able to get it all for yourselves.

If you still have doubts, check that the day of the bomb attack had as many Indian spectators as Pakistani so therefore I could logically be referring only to the video posted about the next day's ceremony.

Okay, this is it. I'm not usually one to bother explaining my posts, figuring that those who understand will understand it anyways, those who won't will, well won't! This exception is because of the nature of the incident and I really don't want you to mistakenly assume that I was celebrating the death of all those innocents.

Last edited:
I'm going to take one more shot at explaining this. That is because I don't think of you as being an unreasonable poster & would prefer that you don't have a wrong take on what I said.

This was posted by a member:

This was the flag lowering ceremony the next evening. Either by purpose or by design, Indian spectators were not let in allowing for Pakistanis to commemorate the solemnity of the event with any Indian counter cheering.

So I said this:

If you still have doubts, check that the day of the bomb attack had as many Indian spectators as Pakistani so therefore I could logically be referring only to the video posted about the next day's ceremony.

Okay, this is it. I'm not usually one to bother explaining my posts, figuring that those who understand will understand it anyways, those who won't will, well won't! This exception is because of the nature of the incident and I really don't want you to mistakenly assume that I was celebrating the death of all those innocents.
thanks

I stand corrected.

I dont want to jinx it by saying what I want to say but hell I will say it anyway because glass is half full
PDF has a high quality Indian membership who present India much better diplomatically and Indian government can certainly take some examples. rising beyond rhetoric and jingoism shows maturity and confidence.

thank you all for making this forum special which others might not be.
may the souls of the innocent rest in peace and may this new AQ terror group fail badly in its future attacks against India and Pakistan.

How many imran khan rallies were targetted by taliban during elections while some other parties were getting hit vigorously?

precisely the point. the target was Indian pakistan border. they had other soft target but they chose the most difficult one, where security is more.

precisely the point. the target was Indian pakistan border. they had other soft target but they chose the most difficult one, where security is more.

On another note, I think their intention was to make it past the barriers, into the main spectating crowd. Perhaps the holy grail would have been to hit the ceremony itself.

What is the purpose in trying to hit the border between 2 'enemy' nations? If it had gone the way they wanted, surely both countries would have been united in their condemnation. What is the terrorist trying to gain by doing that?

Was a Pakistani army insider the Wagah suicide bomber?

NEW DELHI: A civilian with the Pakistan army, who was posted close to Wagah border and missing for the past few months, may have played a key role in Sunday's suicide attack that killed over 60 people, investigators suspect. The indication comes even as it emerges that an alert issued by Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) in early October was unusually sharp on the coming attack.

As investigations pick up the threads of the deadly attack, indications are that a civilian employed with a signal unit of the Pakistan army may have had a key role. The employee, posted with a unit deployed close to the Wagah border, had gone missing in June this year.

The civilian, believed to be in his early 20s, was either the suicide bomber, or played a crucial role in orchestrating the attack, investigators suspect.

Even as investigations progress into the deadly attack, it emerges that RAW had issued an unusually specific intelligence alert two weeks earlier about a possible terror attack on Wagah

Pakistanis mourn the death of a relative who was killed in the Wagah border blast on Sunday.
In its communication to various senior officials, including the PMO, RAW said suicide terrorists had already reached Lahore for a possible attack in Wagah. In the wake of the alert, the Indian security agencies at Wagah had held meetings, and stepped up security at the gate.

It is not clear if RAW shared the alert with Pakistan. "Our agencies do receive and issue several such alerts every month, and many of them may also have some references to other countries. So it is not expected of them to share with any other country," said one senior official.

It now emerges that the first time Wagah's flag-lowering ceremony came under the scanner of terror outfits was possibly sometime last year. In summer of 2013, the US agencies are believed to have alerted the Indian establishment that the terrorists may target the boisterous ceremony at the India-Pakistan border.

The Indian security establishment believes that the attack was the handiwork of one of the Taliban factions in Pakistan. At least three different groups have separately claimed responsibility- Al-Qaeda affiliate Jundullah, and two splinter groups of the Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan — Jamaat-ul-Ahrar and Mahar Mehsud.

Was a Pakistani army insider the Wagah suicide bomber? - The Times of India

Times of India shouldnt publish fantasy stories, unless something substantial is put forward from other side.

Back
Top Bottom