What's new

Multiple Terrorist groups claim Wagah Border attack, 55 people killed.

sadly all civilized and uncivilized world does that. now we have fancy names for them called blackops.
a fellow Indian is running a thread about American CIA backed terrorism in Latin America for example.
the west managed to kill over millions of Iraqis in the name of sanctions against the Sadam and then killed even more civilians.

sometimes countries find it easy to harm the softer targets to cause misery, chaos and helplessness. killing civilians is not sole domain of organic terrorist organisations.

but sometimes civilian bounce back, e.g the American people started to wave flags right after 911 showing the terrorists that they cant be subdued or frightened. and so did the Pakistanis by coming to the ceremony next day at Wahgah and chanting slogans.

I appreciate your post and applaud your thinking. I wish more people exist also in Pakistan like you so that we bury this terrorism against the civilians forever.

now I pray the safe and comfortable stay of Sikhs in Hassan Abdal and their same journey back home
Amen. also the shias are also busy mourning and I pray that they stay safe. and I am holding my breath to see if they will escape the deadly attacks of sectarian terrorists or not

Appreciated.

I have understood that when there is no other way visible, We should leave everything to god and walk on the way of truth. Our shastras teach us that Satya mev Jayati- Truth always win. We should be pure and accept nothing except truth.

Appreciated.

I have understood that when there is no other way visible, We should leave everything to god and walk on the way of truth. Our shastras teach us that Satya mev Jayati- Truth always win. We should be pure and accept nothing except truth.
Amen to that
this is true from the Battle of Karbala and Mahabharta.
truth won

NEW DELHI: A civilian with the Pakistan army, who was posted close to Wagah border and missing for the past few months, may have played a key role in Sunday's suicide attack that killed over 60 people, investigators suspect. The indication comes even as it emerges that an alert issued by Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) in early October was unusually sharp on the coming attack.
As investigations pick up the threads of the deadly attack, indications are that a civilian employed with a signal unit of the Pakistan army may have had a key role. The employee, posted with a unit deployed close to the Wagah border, had gone missing in June this year.
The civilian, believed to be in his early 20s, was either the suicide bomber, or played a crucial role in orchestrating the attack, investigators suspect.
Even as investigations progress into the deadly attack, it emerges that RAW had issued an unusually specific intelligence alert two weeks earlier about a possible terror attack on Wagah

if there is a mechanism in place to share such intelligence between the two countries through secure diplomatic channels then such tragedies can be prevented.
not sure if such specific information was shared with Pakistan?

No matter how much we condemn this attack it will not be enough. About an Indian role being suggested why isn't information put forward about this?

if there is a mechanism in place to share such intelligence between the two countries through secure diplomatic channels then such tragedies can be prevented.

you are right. but look at the situation between two countries...i don't think that will happen if things do not improve.

Don't think it was shared. I think there is a lot of worry of sources being compromised. The last real cooperation happened during the Musharraf era especially when RAW tipped of the ISI about the assassination attempt on Musharraf by JeM on December 14, 2003. After Musharraf, there has been pretty much no semblance of cooperation.

. About an Indian role being suggested why isn't information put forward about this?

Maybe because there is no information........

Don't think it was shared. I think there is a lot of worry of sources being compromised. The last real cooperation happened during the Musharraf era especially when RAW tipped of the ISI about the assassination attempt on Musharraf by JeM on December 14, 2003. After Musharraf, there has been pretty much no semblance of cooperation.

Maybe because there is no information........
I dont blame India

I must say that our own intelligence agencies had warned about it and people are now asking why this event was not cancelled? but what we dont know is how specific that intelligence was?

the exit point after the end of the event is the most vulnerable moment. NO country in the world, I repeat NO country with unlimited resources can prevent a tragedy there. when thousands of people want to exit at the same time. thats when the terrorists will strike

even a rumor can cause a stampede and result in hundreds of death, you and I have plentely of local and worldwide examples for that

I dont blame India

I must say that our own intelligence agencies had warned about it and people are now asking why this event was not cancelled? but what we dont know is how specific that intelligence was?

the exit point after the end of the event is the most vulnerable moment. NO country in the world, I repeat NO country with unlimited resources can prevent a tragedy there. when thousands of people want to exit at the same time. thats when the terrorists will strike

even a rumor can cause a stampede and result in hundreds of death, you and I have plentely of local and worldwide examples for that
--
agreed ..
in suicide attacks enemy always have first advantage ..
other side either need to eliminate him or make sure to suffer loss as minimum as possible

--
agreed ..
in suicide attacks enemy always have first advantage ..
other side either need to eliminate him or make sure to suffer loss as minimum as possible
prevention is the best solution and foiling the plot.
I must say that the bomber or his handlers were smart scumbags they didnt send him chanting into the ceremony past the security point or he would have been shot dead immediately.

they chose to wait and when the people started coming out then they struck.

tell you personally, I have attended both social, religious, national and political gatherings and I see all the smart and semi smart tough looking guards and soldiers briskly checking people as they are coming to attend etc and as the gathering breaks up in the end. its just an endless sea of human heads and I am in the middle of it thinking. here we go.

no country in the world now can prevent a bomber or a group of shooters to kill about 80 or 100 or more people in a short time and all this security, all these guards and their guns cant do anything to prevent the tragedy.

Its not prevention that must be scrutinized, its the cause.

Why does someone have to go through all that effort to detonate a bomb to kill innocent people??

If a Pakistani has indeed done this how can he attack a Pakistani border ceremony on the India border out of all places knowing the heartache and blood to form this border?

I must say that the bomber or his handlers were smart scumbags they didnt send him chanting into the ceremony past the security point or he would have been shot dead immediately.

tell you personally, I have attended both social, religious, national and political gatherings and I see all the smart and semi smart tough looking guards and soldiers briskly checking people as they are coming to attend etc and as the gathering breaks up in the end. its just an endless sea of human heads and I am in the middle of it thinking. here we go.

no country in the world now can prevent a bomber or a group of shooters to kill about 80 or 100 or more people in a short time and all this security, all these guards and their guns cant do anything to prevent the tragedy.
---
just a query...
a squad of sniffer dogs .. will work?
a man has its own human limitation but dog have natural gift to take out these people if carried rdx
any scanner which can scan 100s of people at once for explosive ...?which can save life ?

---
just a query...
a squad of sniffer dogs .. will work?
a man has its own human limitation but dog have natural gift to take out these people if carried rdx
any scanner which can scan 100s of people at once for explosive ...?which can save life ?

If I remember correctly, they have the dogs around now. But there are ways around it; wait outside till the ceremony is finished and then as the massively disorganized herd of people is leaving the area through a small gate all at once, get to the exit point and detonate without ever reaching the dogs and scanners.

People can blame the intel agencies and the security apparatus all they want, but the fact of the matter is that it is near to impossible to stop these attacks. Most of the bombs are manufactured locally by the would be terrorists using readily available materials, the border is extremely porous, the enemy is not in uniform; looks like you, eats like you, talks like you.....you can't go checking every single vehicle that drives on every single road, frisking every single person everywhere. There's only one solution to this, kill all the one's still sitting in their houses, consolidate the areas captured and then make sure no one ever goes down that path. It's a long road but we are on it.

If I remember correctly, they have the dogs around now. But there are ways around it; wait outside till the ceremony is finished and then as the massively disorganized herd of people is leaving the area through a small gate all at once, get to the exit point and detonate without ever reaching the dogs and scanners.

People can blame the intel agencies and the security apparatus all they want, but the fact of the matter is that it is near to impossible to stop these attacks. Most of the bombs are manufactured locally by the would be terrorists using readily available materials, the border is extremely porous, the enemy is not in uniform; looks like you, eats like you, talks like you.....you can't go checking every single vehicle that drives on every single road, frisking every single person everywhere. There's only one solution to this, kill all the one's still sitting in their houses, consolidate the areas captured and then make sure no one ever goes down that path. It's a long road but we are on it.
--
yes ,, attack will happen even if you put 100 % seuirty
we have to make sure .. we can put enough reosurce to keep them away from major place if not then minimise damage

I agree here, No one can prevent an attack like this...... The only chance to prevent it is catching the culprits before they could reach their destination...... Here the job of intelligence agencies become crucial and their coordination with the armed units also become crucial....... i have read in this thread itself, regarding a warning issued by intelligence....... But i have no idea how specific the warning was,

such a big incident, forgotten in few days. no one talking about it anymore

Back
Top Bottom