Multi-billion dollar CPEC project for Karachi | KCCDZ

Neurath

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
1632571646288.png
1632571662474.png
1632571671118.png

After disagreement with PPP on Bundle Island, seems like the federal government is now doing its own thing in co-operation with CPEC and KPT. I personally don't see this materializing as it gives off similar vibes to Musharraf's plan. To those who don't know what I'm talking about, refer to this:

View attachment 780064View attachment 780065View attachment 780066

After disagreement with PPP on Bundle Island, seems like the federal government is now doing its own thing in co-operation with CPEC and KPT. I personally don't see this materializing as it gives off similar vibes to Musharraf's plan. To those who don't know what I'm talking about, refer to this:
Given that Fed would be transferred to PPP next year, I don’t believe in this 1%

ISLAMABAD – Pakistan and China have agreed to include Karachi Coastal Comprehensive Development Zone (KCCDZ) under the CPEC framework.

The historic decision was taken during the 10th Joint Cooperation Committee (JCC) on CPEC, held on 23rd September 2021 at Islamabad and Beijing.

KCCDZ, an initiative of the Ministry of Maritime Affairs focuses on providing Karachi with an ultra modern urban infrastructure zone, placing Karachi amongst the top port cities of the world.

In a first of its kind even for CPEC, the planned multibillion-dollar mega KCCDZ project will be built on direct Chinese investment in partnership with Karachi Port Trust (KPT).

The quantum of expected investment is around USD 3.5 billion. Developed on reclaimed area of approximately 640 hectares on the Western back waters marsh land of KPT, KCCDZ will be a flagship project for not only Pakistan but the entire region. In accordance with PM Imran Khan’s vision for promoting low-cost housing, KCCDZ will also provide residential resettlement to more than 20,000 families living in the surrounding slums.

The environment friendly mega KCCDZ, envisages 4 new berths for KPT adding depth to Pakistan’s expanding maritime sector. It will also house a state-of-the-art fishing port, with a world class fisheries export processing zone to boost Pakistan’s trade potential. It will also drastically improve the marine ecosystem and reduce pollution by establishing a water treatment plant at the mouth of the Lyari River.

KCCDZ will connect with the rest of Karachi through a majestic harbor bridge rising from behind Pakistan’s Deepwater Port, with exit ramps for Manora Islands and Sandspit beach. KCCDZ carries enormous potential for global investors as well.

KCCDZ will unlock Pakistan’s unexplored Blue Economy and significantly enhance development and industrial cooperation between the two brotherly countries. KCCDZ is a game changer for Pakistan.

First order of the day is to reclaim Karachi from the racist PPP iron grip which involves:
1. Fair census
2. Citizen government with internationally accepted civic and financial authority.

Karachi has already become moen jo Dairo under racist PPP.

View attachment 780064View attachment 780065View attachment 780066

I think you do have a problem understanding it.
How you have declared your verdict and connect two things that are very different.
Bundle island is a real estate thing where developers can develop a new island town in the city.
This is a project to modernise the port and areas that belongs to the port ie federal government. They control all of the ports and it would be very good thing to offer modern facilities also offer new services to people like boat facilities and other things which are medivial nowadays.

When the old is unfixable... You build new!... What about the 99.99% that live in the old?????
When old is unfixable. When people don't know how to manage road n street outside their own home then two things are possible.
1 demolish whole city N built again
2 built new city and give classes to uneducated people how to live in civilized way

I think you do have a problem understanding it.
How you have declared your verdict and connect two things that are very different.
Bundle island is a real estate thing where developers can develop a new island town in the city.
This is a project to modernise the port and areas that belongs to the port ie federal government. They control all of the ports and it would be very good thing to offer modern facilities also offer new services to people like boat facilities and other things which are medivial nowadays.
I just think that IK has dropped Bundle Island as a project overall. I may be wrong about that. Lets see how things turn out. And yes you're right about the port.

Back
Top Bottom