What's new

Movies to watch out for, From Pakistan!

may i ask why he is wearing a scouts uniform at 1:25 in the trailer..
Awein rang bazi :D

Balu Mahi – A Movie Review
By Aun Muhammad - February 10, 2017
balu-mahi-poster-2-1.jpg

Balu Mahi was the most anticipated movie of 2017 and its premiere happened last night at Neuplex in Karachi. The star studded cast includes Osman Khalid Butt, Ainy Jaffri and Sadaf Kanwal, while the movie is directed by Haissam Hussain, produced by Sadia Jabbar and the melodious music is given by Sahir Ali Bagga.

Balu-mahi-1.jpg

The movie began with a promising pace but slowed down a bit in second half. Few sequences were not justified enough but who cares it’s a movie after all, which you will definitely want to watch. The best thing about this movie were the aesthetically assembled scenes along with exceptional cinematography and treatment. Other than that, music wowed the audience and complimented the script.
582c564aac905-1024x576.png

Balu20Mahi204-21-1477408522.jpg

Talking about the content of the movie, let’s not compare it with any Bollywood flick because that will be injustice to the hard work of the Director, Producer and the Editor because they did their job perfectly well, so let’s just focus on celebrating the success of Pakistani cinema.

Although the overall product was really entertaining but there were certain weak points in the movie too, which can obviously be neglected as we are still in a learning process and doing our best to serve the industry. Osman and Ainy were good at some places but acted cold in some major scenes while on the other hand Sadaf as a debutante was a surprise package and a perfect pick for the role.

osman-khalid-butt-3.jpg

Over all with the quality content and entertainment, Balu Mahi is certainly a good treat for the cinema goers.
http://fhmpakistan.com/balu-mahi-movie-review/
@Moonlight @Chauvinist @The Sandman @Hell hound @django @unleashed
Assignment vs office project vs psl vs ballu mahi kiya karoan :-(

Awein rang bazi :D

Balu Mahi – A Movie Review
By Aun Muhammad - February 10, 2017
balu-mahi-poster-2-1.jpg

Balu Mahi was the most anticipated movie of 2017 and its premiere happened last night at Neuplex in Karachi. The star studded cast includes Osman Khalid Butt, Ainy Jaffri and Sadaf Kanwal, while the movie is directed by Haissam Hussain, produced by Sadia Jabbar and the melodious music is given by Sahir Ali Bagga.

Balu-mahi-1.jpg

The movie began with a promising pace but slowed down a bit in second half. Few sequences were not justified enough but who cares it’s a movie after all, which you will definitely want to watch. The best thing about this movie were the aesthetically assembled scenes along with exceptional cinematography and treatment. Other than that, music wowed the audience and complimented the script.
582c564aac905-1024x576.png

Balu20Mahi204-21-1477408522.jpg

Talking about the content of the movie, let’s not compare it with any Bollywood flick because that will be injustice to the hard work of the Director, Producer and the Editor because they did their job perfectly well, so let’s just focus on celebrating the success of Pakistani cinema.

Although the overall product was really entertaining but there were certain weak points in the movie too, which can obviously be neglected as we are still in a learning process and doing our best to serve the industry. Osman and Ainy were good at some places but acted cold in some major scenes while on the other hand Sadaf as a debutante was a surprise package and a perfect pick for the role.

osman-khalid-butt-3.jpg

Over all with the quality content and entertainment, Balu Mahi is certainly a good treat for the cinema goers.
http://fhmpakistan.com/balu-mahi-movie-review/
@Moonlight @Chauvinist @The Sandman @Hell hound @django @unleashed
Assignment vs office project vs psl vs ballu mahi kiya karoan :-(

psl ko dafa kara wasey bhi konsa hum dono ki teams koi acha perform kar rahi hain.movie dekh ao

355a5da67f1cec0d96235abb903d0b6b.jpg

0bdb0ec2bc9db9e00fb1bcb017b4398f.jpg

Launch of the film "Aye Dil Phir Chal Re ",in Lahore

Shaista Lodhi will play a politician in upcoming TV serial 'Khan'

Acting in 'Khan' was fun because I played a character older than me, says Shaista

58a169fe162bd.jpg

Shaista Lodhi is returning with another TV drama and this one is going to be intense.

The popular morning show host will be playing a politician in the upcoming serial Khan.

Talking about the serial, Shaista says, "Khan is an almost feudal type of drama. It will be relatable for the average person because it will remind them of Pakistan's political system."

"The drama doesn't take inspiration from Imran Khan," she also clarifies.

She elaborates about the drama's themes, "[The drama explores] the way revenge is taken in politics, the way seats are [sold] or tickets are given by parties or how sympathy is exploited. An example is Benazir Bhutto's case, sympathy was exploited by her party. You can expect to see similar events in this drama."

This is Shaista's second time acting and she's excited by the challenge. "My character has a vast range. From being a politician's wife to a politician herself. From a childhood lover to a dedicated wife. There are many different shades and that has been a challenge for me to play."

"But it was so much fun," she adds, "because my wardrobe was so different and I'm playing a character older than I am."

58a16978e98b4.jpg

Another challenge for Shaista was working with senior actors.

According to the morning show host, "I had so many seasoned actors working with me so it was a challenge. I can't ever forget the first scene we did. I was acting opposite Noman Ejaz and he got me so confused. I did realise later how sweet of a person he is but that first time working with him was nerve-wrecking. After the scene I was thinking "What on Earth happened?!"But afterwards I got the hang of it and I had a lot of fun working with the seniors."

She also gave a little insight into her director.

"Ali Faizan is the director and he is intelligent but also a little crazy! He has crazy ideas, the way a creative person should have. He thinks out of the box and tries to put a new perspective in every aspect. I think he has treated this drama beautifully."

Khan stars Noman Aijaz as Shaista's childhood sweetheart, Aijaz Aslam plays her husband and the cast also features Saba Pervez, Atiqa Odho and Noman Masood.

Pakistani Movie Jawani Phir Nahi Ani 2: All You Need to Know!

Pakistani movie, Jawani Phir Nahi Ani became the highest earning blockbuster film of 2015, breaking box-office records and reaping many coveted accolades.

Movie-buffs loved the movie and critics lauded the flick for being the ultimate package of entertainment.

Then last year, Humayun Saeed announced that the sequel of JPNA is in the works and it will be bigger and better than its predecessor.

“Vasay is writing JPNA 2 and we have almost finalized the plot of the movie”

Now the cast of the potential blockbuster has been finalized and you won’t believe who is joining the golden trio of Ahmed Ali Butt, Humayun, and Vasay Chaudhry!

IT IS NONE OTHER THAN THE ACTOR IN LAW HERO, FAHAD MUSTAFA.

In an interview to Instep, the Jeeto Pakistan host, himself confirmed that he is very much part of JPNA 2.

“I’m working on Na Maloom Afraad’s sequel, which will be shot in South Africa so it’s going to be a lot of fun, Inshallah,”

While earlier, the prequel was shot in exotic locations of Thailand, this time the rom-com will weave a fun-filled adventure tale in South Africa.

We will not be seeing Hamza Ali Abbasi in the flick as he is busy with the shooting of his 2 upcoming movies: Parwaz Hai Junoon and a Bilal Lashari film.

HENCE, ABBASI HAS BEEN REPLACED BY FAHAD MUSTAFA IN THE SEQUEL!

Many might know that the director, Nadeem Baig also tried to rope in the Bollywood veteran, Rishi Kapoor to star in the movie’s second installment.

However, the Indian actor declined to be a part of the project! A report by Hindustan Times revealed:

“He was approached for a major role in the sequel to a Pakistani comedy called Jawani Phir Nai Ani. Film-maker Nadeem Baig has directed it. However, he politely turned down the offer”

The leading ladies are still a mystery and have not been finalized yet for part 2 of the flick. Will Sohai Ali Abroo, Mehwish Hayat and Ayesha Khan return to their roles, let’s wait and watch!

We hope that Jawani Phir Nahi Ani 2 will be as good as its daddy!

11144791_1484350145198539_6601599261154213419_o.jpg

Upcoming film Teefa In Trouble: Maya Ali, Ali Zafar

C3NQfNTUMAA9gLL.jpg:large

C48iyjjWQAA3Jou.jpg

Nigar Awards 2017: Nominations Revealed!

C165NrUXEAQ1lOn.jpg

Best Film

Actor in Law - The Film (Fizza Ali Mirza/Mehdi Ali)

Ho Mann Jahaan (Sheheryar Munawar, AsimRaza)

Maalik (Ashir Azeem/ Bushra Ashar Azeem)

Mah e Mir (Khurram Rana , Sahir Rasheed, Badar Ikram)

Janaan (Reham Khan, Hareem Farooq, Munir Hussain, Imran Raza Kazmi

Dobara Phir Se (Salman Iqbal, Jerjees Seja, Mehreen Jabbar)

Best Debut Director

Ashir Azeem (Malik)

Asim Raza (Ho Mann Jahan)

Anjum Shehzad (Mah-e-Mir)

Jamal Shah (Revenge Of The Worthless)

Hashim Nadeem (Abdullah)

Ahmed Jamal (Rehm)

Best Director

Nabeel Qureshi (Actor In Law)

Azfar Rizvi (Janaan)

Mehreen Jabbar (Dobara Phir Se)

Best Actor