What's new

Moral brigade active in Islamabad again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bibi, it is NOT debatable. Quran is very clear on what to do and what not to do. Yes, you can choose to cover your face but don't call it shariah, just do it as your choice or custom or cultural norm.
I wont go in detail abt it cuz i have always put aside my detailed research on ayat, which i will do myself.... but i do believe its not compulsory. It can hinder breathing, come in way of sight.
I did say its on choice in my prev post. However,ido get ur point.

they can not portray their beauty to the public is by covering themselves in veil.

What is the meaning of the word "adornment" as per you in the English language? Because the word doesn't mean the natural beauty of a person by any means, rather a "thing" which adds beauty.

@Secur @WAJsal : You watch what is going to happen to him now:

@Zarvan: Lets see how much Arabic you know - Can you spot something wrong in the quoted Hadith?
@Secur @WAJsal : You watch what is going to happen to him now:

@Zarvan: Lets see how much Arabic you know - Can you spot something wrong in the quoted Hadith?
Post Arabic of it

What is the meaning of the word "adornment" as per you in the English language?
Arabic words explained by Sahaba and Ullima....

Shaikh Ibn Al Hazam (Rahimahullah) writes: "In the Arabic language of the Prophet, Jalbab is the outer sheet which covers the entire body. A piece of cloth which is too small to cover the entire body could not be called Jalbab." (Al Muhalla, vol. 3, p.217.)

The Tabi'ee, Qatadah (Rahimahullah), stated that the Jilbab should be wrapped and fixed from above the forehead and made to cover the nose, (although the eyes are to show) and the chest and most of the face are to be covered.

Jalabib, which is used in the verse is the plural of Jalbab. "Jalbab, is actually the outer sheet or coverlet which a woman wraps around on top of her garments to cover herself from head to toe. It hides her body completely." Lisan ul Arab vol 1 p. 273. (The best explanation is that it is what we would today call a burqa or an abiya.)

Ibn Masood (Radhiallaahu Ánhu) explained Jilbab to be a cloak covering the entire body including the face and hands. (fatwaa Ibn Taymiyyah Page #110 Vol. #2)

What is Hijab really mean?

"The root word of hijab is hajaba and that means: (hajb) to veil, cover, screen, shelter, seclude (from), to hide, obscure (from sight), to make imperceptible, invisible, to conceal, to make or form a separation (a woman), to disguise, masked, to conceal, hide, to flee from sight, veil, to veil, conceal, to cover up, become hidden, to be obscured, to vanish, to become invisible, disappear from sight, to veil, to conceal, to withdraw, to elude perception.

Hajb: seclusion, screening off, keeping away, keeping off,

Hijab plural: hujub: cover, wrap, drape, a curtain, a woman's veil, screen, partition, folding screen, barrier,

Ihtijab: Concealment, hiddenness, seclusion, veildness, veiling, purdah.

Hijab: Concealing, screening, protecting,

Mahjub: concealed hidden, veiled!

These definitions of the hijab were taken from the: Arabic-English Dictionary, The Hans Wehr dictionary of modern written arabic, edited by JM Cowan.
@WAJsal

Don't want to jump in the discussion, but I would like an opinion of the moral brigade about this attire.
Halal or Haram?
CKrK4jFWUAAsXBI.jpg
halal-stamp_154917638.jpg

What is the meaning of the word "adornment" as per you in the English language? Because the word doesn't mean the natural beauty of a person by any means, rather a "thing" which adds beauty.
Beauty stuff.

One of the principles of the Sharia are urf of Madinahth Al-Manawarah in the time of the 3 generations.

When a ruling is not clear in the Quran,
it is looked at hadith as'sathu-was'salaam and if not clear
then the sahabah radi'Allahu anhum, and if not clear
then the next two best generations, thabieen and thebieen.

The behaviour and actions of the best 3 generations forms clarity of dress and other matters. So we follow them!
Give him proof from Quran and Sunnat and way of Sahaba although he would still defend Haram

Check the Gul Ahmed banner carefully, the model's chest is semi-exposed in it. Do you find this type of display appropriate? If you do, then something is wrong with your mindset, assuming that you are a Muslim.
CHEST tak to aap pahuche ! hum toh chehra dekh ke hi kho gaye ! @Secur

I wont go in detail abt it cuz i have always put aside my detailed research on ayat, which i will do myself.... but i do believe its not compulsory. It can hinder breathing, come in way of sight.
I did say its on choice in my prev post. However,ido get ur point.
It is compulsory all women in life if PROPHET SAW and 4 Caliphs did and they started covering face after this Ayat if Surah Al Ahzab was revealed

Beauty stuff.

Yes.

Then. How is it that the article you posted intentionally mistakes the meaning of a well known and clear English word for a completely different thing? No one's face can adorn him/her. At least, look at that things before you post them.

One of the principles of the Sharia are urf of Madinahth Al-Manawarah in the time of the 3 generations.

When a ruling is not clear in the Quran,
it is looked at hadith as'sathu-was'salaam and if not clear
then the sahabah radi'Allahu anhum, and if not clear
then the next two best generations, thabieen and thebieen.

The behaviour and actions of the best 3 generations forms clarity of dress and other matters. So we follow them!
There is no such principal. We take words of God from Quran, the primary source. For the matters that are not apparently clear in Quran, we first find the 'nas' in Quran, then match it with Hadith and do ijtihaad if needed. BTW, do you know what is nas, plural of which is nusoos?

Post Arabic of it

Arabic words explained by Sahaba and Ullima....

Shaikh Ibn Al Hazam (Rahimahullah) writes: "In the Arabic language of the Prophet, Jalbab is the outer sheet which covers the entire body. A piece of cloth which is too small to cover the entire body could not be called Jalbab." (Al Muhalla, vol. 3, p.217.)

The Tabi'ee, Qatadah (Rahimahullah), stated that the Jilbab should be wrapped and fixed from above the forehead and made to cover the nose, (although the eyes are to show) and the chest and most of the face are to be covered.

Jalabib, which is used in the verse is the plural of Jalbab. "Jalbab, is actually the outer sheet or coverlet which a woman wraps around on top of her garments to cover herself from head to toe. It hides her body completely." Lisan ul Arab vol 1 p. 273. (The best explanation is that it is what we would today call a burqa or an abiya.)

Ibn Masood (Radhiallaahu Ánhu) explained Jilbab to be a cloak covering the entire body including the face and hands. (fatwaa Ibn Taymiyyah Page #110 Vol. #2)

What is Hijab really mean?

"The root word of hijab is hajaba and that means: (hajb) to veil, cover, screen, shelter, seclude (from), to hide, obscure (from sight), to make imperceptible, invisible, to conceal, to make or form a separation (a woman), to disguise, masked, to conceal, hide, to flee from sight, veil, to veil, conceal, to cover up, become hidden, to be obscured, to vanish, to become invisible, disappear from sight, to veil, to conceal, to withdraw, to elude perception.

Hajb: seclusion, screening off, keeping away, keeping off,

Hijab plural: hujub: cover, wrap, drape, a curtain, a woman's veil, screen, partition, folding screen, barrier,

Ihtijab: Concealment, hiddenness, seclusion, veildness, veiling, purdah.

Hijab: Concealing, screening, protecting,

Mahjub: concealed hidden, veiled!

These definitions of the hijab were taken from the: Arabic-English Dictionary, The Hans Wehr dictionary of modern written arabic, edited by JM Cowan.
@WAJsal

Masha'Allah! Now you are quoting scholars we recognise! May Allah have rahmah on them. Btw it is better to quote 'Lisan Al-Arab' for definitions than Hans Weir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom