What's new

Militants Attack Security Force Building near US Consulate in Peshawar

It wasn't an attack. Some arrested terrorists have overpowered and taken two guards hostage in one of the buildings.

Its not rubbish. we have police special branch office, NLC and ISI offices. also , the army entred minister Bilour house which is so near.

by the way, its not good gesture to condemn every thing so bluntly. please, as a nation we need to be less pro sialkoti. if you know what i mean.

also, last time, no media mentioned that the miscreants were so effective that they broke the outer parameter, blew away an APC and blasted the interior of american consulate.

so nothing can be said. it might take SSG another 12 hour to nuetralise hostage situation.

One should first read and then speak. He was objecting to the use of headline mentioning US Consulate which is NOT AT ALL the case.

It has been confirmed that the attack is on ISI office.

Operation is being started just in few minutes.

typical sialkoti insecurity. actually you did the same again. pin down the other. pin down the other.

and Allah pinned all of us down

*facepalm* sure mate, believe what you want! :disagree:

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

and ISI didn't know anything about to thwart the attack !!

ISI is not the only security agency caught off guard:
MI6 grenade fired from public park - Telegraph

From what I can gather, they have two hostages and limited ammo, not a good situation for the hostages........

and ISI didn't know anything about to thwart the attack !!

Actually ISI needs to learn some world-class skills from RAW. ;)

There are information pouring out that some militants arrested by security forces kept in a building overpowered two guards taking them hostage.

From now on please remove the foot from mouth before speaking

PESHAWAR, Pakistan, Aug 28, 2010 - Militants overpowered their guards during interrogation Saturday in an army building in northwest Pakistan and took two of them hostage, the army said.

Police had initially said a number of insurgents tried to get into a secure area close to the US consulate and army buildings in Peshawar city, with exchanges of gunfire between the militants and security forces.

"Some of the terrorists who were kept in a building for interrogations overpowered their two sentries during interrogations," military spokesman Major General Athar Abbas told a private TV channel.

"Terrorists are still inside the building, we are making all our efforts to solve this problem," he said.

The whole cantt area, and all the roads leading into the area has been sealed, including Ring Road, Bara Road and University road.

What's going on in there?

TaimiKhan can give us an insight as I believe he resides in the cantt area.

We should have some kind of capability which could force out or strike unconcious some terrorists holed up inside a building.

How many such incidents keep happening. GHQ, Mumbai attacks and just the recent Manila bus hijacking.

I'm curious if anyone knows of any such stuff..chemical/biological.. which could be used in these type of hostage situations to may be slow the reflexes of the terrorists or take them out completely...!

PESHAWAR, Pakistan, Aug 28, 2010 - Militants overpowered their guards during interrogation Saturday in an army building in northwest Pakistan and took two of them hostage, the army said.

Police had initially said a number of insurgents tried to get into a secure area close to the US consulate and army buildings in Peshawar city, with exchanges of gunfire between the militants and security forces.

"Some of the terrorists who were kept in a building for interrogations overpowered their two sentries during interrogations," military spokesman Major General Athar Abbas told a private TV channel.

"Terrorists are still inside the building, we are making all our efforts to solve this problem," he said.

It calls for some US Gitmo style interrogation techniques for these terrorists because now its proven human and civil way of interrogation is being applied by ISI which is not suitable for these terrorists.

Next chain and nail them first then interrogate and if any b.icth from civil society organisation come barking jst STFO her/him

You could try the Fentanyl (a knock out gas) uses by Russia against Chechniyan terrorist in Moscow theater hostage crisis

I don't think it would be available to Pakistani or any other forces since the gas is believed to be a russian state secret.

Anyother alternative?

I don't think it would be available to Pakistani or any other forces since the gas is believed to be a russian state secret.

Anyother alternative?

Well any such chemical offcourse be a state secret... US will have an equivalent too...but Pakistan is unlikely to get their hands on it...other than that you can try stun grenades, flashbangs, stun gas ..to temporarily incapacitate the terrorist..but I am sure these already exist with your army.

Back
Top Bottom