What's new

MiG-21 Bison - The Underdog

isz there any specific reason india did not go for mig 21 (2000) upgrade package:angry:

I really dont know, all i know is that the MOD wanted to do things in their own way. One person told me that the MOD dint want to modernize the Migs too much because then the government would force the IAF to keep them for longer lol I dont know why exactly they dint go for the Lancer Package.

The Lancer upgrade really would have made the MIG-21 is true beast, see for yourself -

Last edited by a moderator:
this iz what pisses me off we want the bisons to operate till 2025 and we dont want to go for the true air superiority and ground attack upgrade dumb poltical idiots

:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

this iz what pisses me off we want the bisons to operate till 2025 and we dont want to go for the true air superiority and ground attack upgrade dumb poltical idiots

:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

Ye hai India meri jaan, hum longoon ko samaj sako toh samjo dilbarjani, Jitna bhi tum samjoge utni hogi hairani :P

Quality? are u joking.How about the patton tanks which were blown up against our inferior shermans, how about the sabres which were blown up by our gnats and mig21.At that time u really had some qualitative edge and look what happened.Today we have the quality and quantity edge.Be realistic buddy

wow sabres destroyed more migs on the ground thn in the air ... and gnat??? where talking about mig 21 not gnat ....but it dose have the title sabre slayer not the mig 21 ..... soo yea put that into prespective

Quality? are u joking.How about the patton tanks which were blown up against our inferior shermans, how about the sabres which were blown up by our gnats and mig21.At that time u really had some qualitative edge and look what happened.Today we have the quality and quantity edge.Be realistic buddy

so what happend to your so called surgical strikes you promised? be realistic buddy

ok.....i dont know if this is real....but say it is!!!!------how many aircrafts does pakistan have?????----just by looking at numbers i would say that you didnt have enough aircrafts to crash!!!while we did have enough to take them on repeated sorties

wow we dident have aircrafts to crash? ok there:what:... PAF is known to take care of its birds very well.... look at our f 16 record is soo clean you can call it lysol... but su-30 of IAF crash every year not to mention mig 21 which takes a couple of extra lives with it:frown:

my bad not every year

Last edited:
wow we dident have aircrafts to crash? ok there:what:... PAF is known to take care of its birds very well.... look at our f 16 record is soo clean you can call it lysol... but su-30 of IAF crash every year not to mention mig 21 which takes a couple of extra lives with it:frown:

Most of the Mig crashes are due to defective spare parts. After the collapse of the Soviet Union aircraft spare parts where not readily available & those that were available were of poor standrads.

Look at the Mirage-2000 of the IAF it has an excellent safety record, as there was no such problem with it.

This is India's story lol :P

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

lol how did this thread end up as a India vs Pakistan again lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Ur antique chinese tincans dont crash because they dont take to the sky...its as simple as that :rofl::rofl:

all u guys can see id few F-16s here nd there nd u think all is well with PAF..cmon frankly both the airforces (IAF,PAF) are plagued with this aged aircraft problem nd I cant speak for PAF but IAF atleast is moving in the right direction.
LOL why are you making fun of yourself by making such irrational and childish statements, Obviously u will see an aircraft on sky not sailing on a sea or saink:cheesy:

F16 is considered as the second best (after F15) regarding its Kills, more then 80 kills and no f16 down comon match ur Mig 29 with this bird, and yeah we are going in wrong direction, just aquring some 100 J10s, and Some F16s block 52, and 250 JF17s and maybe J11 or gripen sounds nothing

Sorry for being off the topic, continue with ur discussion
Peace out:wave:

Most of the Mig crashes are due to defective spare parts. After the collapse of the Soviet Union aircraft spare parts where not readily available & those that were available were of poor standrads.

Look at the Mirage-2000 of the IAF it has an excellent safety record, as there was no such problem with it.

you neeed thoes more than anyone ... there the only deadly persision AC ... great in high alitudes for bombing vs f 16 it can out done the f 16 in high alituded dog fights soo yea you need them in the best condition

it always does i have been following this forum since 2 years and got registered and my first post isz today we ignore the problems faced by our armed forces and instead of discussing them we fight :hitwall::hitwall:

Its all about supply vs demand. After the collapse of the Soviet Union, Mig's all over the world suffered a lot but yes as you pointed out the excellent record of Non-Russian and more modern Russian jets shows the professionalism of the IAF. The IAF can only work with what they have, they cannot put rabbits out of a hat.

Back
Top Bottom