What's new

Mid-level Officers of Bangladesh Army are Bringing down Changes Soon

I my self an Engineer and where in my post, I said anything against modern education. Did you even read my post? Didn't I said that Quran command to us to be educated and our Rasool(s.w.s) has strongly encouraged us to be educated. Don't spew anger on me because you have nothing better to do. And, yes you are a Flip-Flopper.

What you say in this post is irelevant. Thing is, you are not an enlightened person and are living in a dark age because you are not able to accept western syllabus as the core of our education. Our students, including girl students, should learn not only the academic subjects, but also learn how to excel in sports, games, bi-cycling, horse riding and many other things. But, you want the girls to hide behind those ugly Burkas. No sports and nothing for a woman. You guys want them to be enslaved by your sexual lust, nothing else.

Are not you the guy who always try to impose Urdu and Arabic on us? Do you have a slightest idea that your ignorant suggestions throughout all your posts are a recipe for making Bangali muslims illiterate? Now, you are here to say you are an engineer. Engineer or not you are a half educated man who wants us to live in the 6th century so that other nations can enslave us.

EASTWATCH., sir please avoid attacking Munshi and Zakir. This is a serious issue and defence related... Its not spoof either. You all made fun of my thread about Major Zia. Now everyone knows that it was not written by someone from USA, rather each and every officer who was known to Zia recieved that e mail from Zia's personal account......:s and most importantly his words are not taken lightly by other officers.... This may seem false to you. But i know this because i have many friends in Army and mist. Some of my very best friends from my college life. So you should keep quiet if you don't want to take part in this silly discussion... But making fun of others is objectionable......

@Farhan: Let's talk logically, if he was abducted, he wouldn't have lived to see the day to compose a long rant and send it to as many people as possible. Intelligence agencies don't work in this way, they leave no proof which can trace them down, that's why despite all the talks neither American nor Indians could provide any solid prove of isi's official support to taliban, or the good fraction of it.

Here's what happened, army is built on loyalty and disciples; and this major with his jehadi mentality was doing everything contrary to the ethos of what a professional army stand for. So it seems the top brass wanted to interrogate and put him down where he belongs and the major now trying to play victim and wiggle out of the mess blaming the favourite bogey of bdians, raw.

Sad state of affairs, this is not how professional army behave.

your second half of the post makes sense. I also believe this. But some of the posters here are ignoring the mail and missing person from beginning... Now let me tell you this man was not related to Jamat politics. You should know that very little of pious muslims in Bangladesh support Jamat..... Jamat is accused of using islam for their political goal. Anyway , major Zia was interrogated for his islamic life style..... He was respected in the mist community for this islamic lifestyle. And this incident is frustrating to many of his well wishers. My point of thread was not coup. But to show discrimination in the name of secularism

and about raw. He didn't lie... There was a treaty which was signed by monmohon hasina to fight extremism jointly. Under that treaty Raw and DGFI jointly interrogated him and it insulted his self esteem....

If there was any truth to this, or if this so called major even existed, mainstream media of Bangladesh would have picked it up by now.

These sorta cooked up stories are brain farts by the likes of Zainal Abedin aka Igor Siljanoski aka Willard Payne. You are giving too much credit to this bs story Abir.

^there could be more than what eyes meet, you never know what this major was upto and what was in that pen drive that dgfi was looking for!

If it was coup that the major was trying to do, then he is an idiot and will be court martialed (actually he should be held responsible for going to media, if I went to media and because my manager ill treated me, I'd be fired then and there and it's more strict in army!).

If there was any truth to this, or if this so called major even existed, mainstream media of Bangladesh would have picked it up by now.

These sorta cooked up stories are brain farts by the likes of Zainal Abedin aka Igor Siljanoski aka Willard Payne. You are giving too much credit to this bs story Abir.
How many times need i tell you this is verified by my personal friends?? Lol papers will write against army? Are you sane? Do you know what happened to amar desh editor?

^above reply was for farhan.

@roy: I know the whole story sounds brain fart , but I guess bd army works like the govt offices in kolkata.

Joy, Sheikh Hasina’s son making financial scandals in USA, lied when he said: “65 percent soldiers of Bangladesh Army are ‘Madrasha’ passed students”- to keep some of the Western countries happy on their performance against terrorism.

Interesting...

And just where did he get that '65 percent' from. What? Did he carry out a survey within the army or something? :lol:

I can say that the murdered officers of the Pilkhana massacre were NOT Madrasha trained. They were some of brightest and most senior officers of the Bangladesh Army.

In fact, he did write a paper with an American scholar named Carl Ciovacco.

Here's an excerpt from one article:
And, here is the most dangerous point raised by Mr. Sajib Wajed Joy! He wrote, “Islamic extremism is also on the rise in Bangladesh because of the growing numbers of Islamists in the military. The Islamists cleverly began growing their numbers within the Army by training for the Army Entrance Exams at Madrassas. This Madrassa training was necessary because of the relative difficulty associated with passing these exams. The military is attractive because of both its respected status and its high employment opportunities in a country where unemployment ranges from 20 percent to 30 percent for younger males. High demand for military posts has resulted in an entrance exam designed to limit the number of recruits. Before this Madrassa Entrance Exam campaign, only 5 percent of military recruits came from Madrassas in 2001. By 2006, at the end of the BNP's reign, Madrassas supplied nearly 35 percent of the Army recruits. In a country that has seen four military coup d' tats in its short 37 year history, the astronomical growth of Islamists in the military is troubling to say the least.”

Anatomy of Sajib Wajed Joys article titled Stemming the Rise of Islamic Extremism in Bangladesh - ModernGhana.com

This guy is spewing propaganda. Bangladesh Army has never threatened any country or supporting terrorists.

If anyone can post a PDF file of the Joy-Ciovacco paper, please do post it. I am very interested in seeing the contents of the article. It can give us an insight into the exact intentions of Joy.

But as the saying goes, you **** with the bull, you get the horns.

Jamat is accused of using islam for their political goal. Anyway , major Zia was interrogated for his islamic life style..... He was respected in the mist community for this islamic lifestyle. And this incident is frustrating to many of his well wishers. My point of thread was not coup. But to show discrimination in the name of secularism

You have not ever met this man, Major Zia, but you are believing whatever he says or is said in his name. Nothing that your other thread said is that SERIOS. There are fanatics inside the military. Major Zia (if he exists) is also a fanatic. It is probable that he was pinpointed and he has known about his impending arrest and questioning. So, he fled and wrote all those Islamic things to get some shelter. Only praying five times does not make one fanatic.

We cannot accept fanatics in the military and in our society. They must be sought out and banished before they do harm to both BD and India. All fanatics are backward minded and do not fit to a society that is eagerly moving forward to become a modern country. Fanatics in the army must be purged.

You have not ever met this man, Major Zia, but you are believing whatever he says or is said in his name. Nothing that your other thread said is that SERIOS. There are fanatics inside the military. Major Zia (if he exists) is also a fanatic. It is probable that he was pinpointed and he has known about his impending arrest and questioning. So, he fled and wrote all those Islamic things to get some shelter. Only praying five times does not make one fanatic.

We cannot accept fanatics in the military and in our society. They must be sought out and banished before they do harm to both BD and India. All fanatics are backward minded and do not fit to a society that is eagerly moving forward to become modern country. Fanatics in the army must be purged.

BS. Total BS.

There's absolutely no evidence to prove that Bangladesh Army is being used as a breeding ground for extremists, or sheltering them.

We cannot accept fanatics in the military and in our society. They must be sought out and banished before they do harm to both BD and India. All fanatics are backward minded and do not fit to a society that is eagerly moving forward to become a modern country. Fanatics in the army must be purged.

Now we have doubt whether Major Zia actually exists. Your argument gets weaker and weaker. The person identified in the email does exist and people who know him personally have commented on Facebook on the matter. The question that should concern us is if the email was not sent by Major Zia then why does not the real major Zia protest?

Pakistan and Bangladesh are not same. They are divided into tribes which is maintained by leaders who are out of law enforcing forces. In Bangladesh our forces cover every inch. It will never be possible... Pakistan army harbored Al Qayda to take control of Afghanistan. There is no such case in Bangladesh... You don't need to be worried for Bangladesh.

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

and also there is no shia sunni discord.

Before yr the present PM came into power , yr intelligence agengies were working hand in hand with ISI and ISI had started outsourcing its terror machinary to Dhaka, and they had started training Bangladeshi men for attacking India.Dhaka had at that time started harboring LET and other anti India terrorist group.

Yr Bangla forces cover every inch of yr country barring Indo-Bangla Border where they are most needed. Thats the reason why so many illegal bangladeshi die trying cross International borders.

Before yr the present PM came into power , yr intelligence agengies were working hand in hand with ISI and ISI had started outsourcing its terror machinary to Dhaka, and they had started training Bangladeshi men for attacking India.Dhaka had at that time started harboring LET and other anti India terrorist group.

Yr Bangla forces cover every inch of yr country barring Indo-Bangla Border where they are most needed. Thats the reason why so many illegal bangladeshi die trying cross International borders.

3199.jpg

Back
Top Bottom