What's new

Microsoft Said to Be Preparing to Make Satya Nadella CEO

Only in the USA and Canada can immigrants achieve such success through their own merit. The magic of North America is that it is the most developed meritocracy in the world. If other nations would embrace the concept that all peoples and cultures are valid and let the most productive rise to the top, they too would be as successful as is the USA and Canada.

So much butthurt. Hurhurhur.
Only in the USA and Canada can immigrants achieve such success through their own merit. The magic of North America is that it is the most developed meritocracy in the world. If other nations would embrace the concept that all peoples and cultures are valid and let the most productive rise to the top, they too would be as successful as is the USA and Canada.

I think I am rather fair, with a slight bias in favor of Chinese. In fact I am extremely loath by PRCs here and I do not buy their blind hate.

In corporate world, Indians seems to have a knack of it, and I will admit they indeed have talent. There is nothing to get hurt about. There are quite a number of Indians who are extremely smart, from data I seen in Intel prize.

The Indians dominant of IT is not entire through meritocracy alone, according to unverifiable sources. I have heard people from my industries say that USA Chinese are being suspicious of Industrial espionage. There are also other reasons.

Other than the very top, seems that most Indians I work with disappoint me.

Wealth Distribution By Religion In The U.S. - Floating Path

Wealth-by-Religion.jpg

Not all immigrants achieve success. It is the Indian immigrants who are a success throughout the world, especially Hindus/Jain/Sikhs.

This is true regardless of the country the Indian immigrants are in - UK, UAE, Australia, Fiji, Singapore, Canada, etc etc.

There was also some data that about 10% of all millionaires in USA were Indians. That is not bad considering Indians just make up 1% of the population.

Wealth Distribution By Religion In The U.S. - Floating Path

Wealth-by-Religion.jpg

Not all immigrants achieve success. It is the Indian immigrants who are a success throughout the world, especially Hindus/Jain/Sikhs.

This is true regardless of the country the Indian immigrants are in - UK, UAE, Australia, Fiji, Singapore, Canada, etc etc.

Its amazing. Indians indeed have become the highest income group in my country. I do not know if it is my misconception but Indians have incur the most resentment here, though we are an international city with people all over the world.

Note: There are groups not under statistic or under "others" that may have higher income than Indians like white man, Japanese, Koreans..etc. Got to check it out.

I do not know if it is my misconception but Indians have incur the most resentment here, though we are an international city with people all over the world.

It is galling for people to see dark skin people performing well. Creates a jarring cognitive dissonance from their understanding of how the world is supposed to work.

Its amazing. Indians indeed have become the highest income group in my country. I do not know if it is my misconception but Indians have incur the most resentment here, though we are an international city with people all over the world.

Note: There are groups not under statistic or under "others" that may have higher income than Indians like white man, Japanese, Koreans..etc. Got to check it out.

it is like the old saying. Indians are hard working abroad. But hardly working in their own country :-)

Except me, not even a strand of motivation in me :lol:

It is galling for people to see dark skin people performing well. Creates a jarring cognitive dissonance from their understanding of how the world is supposed to work and social order of beings.

You mean how people's jaw drop when they hear African immigrants perform better than the white students in U.K. for example :azn:

Last edited:
it is like the old saying. Indians are hard working abroad. But hardly working in their own country :-)
Really?? Do you work harder than an Indian Farmer?? Problem with our country lies in the lack of opportunities, people are very smart and extremely hard working. The lack of opportunities may have resulted in laid back attitude in some but given a chance each work as hard possible to prove themselves but as every where else there are some exception there as well..

The Indians dominant of IT is not entire through meritocracy alone, according to unverifiable sources. I have heard people from my industries say that USA Chinese are being suspicious of Industrial espionage. There are also other reasons.

Most of my working career was spent at a USA Fortune 500 company in the computer peripherals business. I was a manager in the R&D&M departments for 20 years. We had foreign scientists (all PhD's earned at American universities) who had immigrated from the UK, India, Germany, Czechoslovakia, China, Argentina and Israel in my various groups over my career. What I observed is that promotion to management levels above the small group depended crucially on English language skills. If a brilliant scientist or engineer couldn't make a cogent presentation to non-technical managers of my company, i.e the sales, marketing and finance people, then they did not advance above the first or second level of management. Indian origin scientists had good English skill, as did, of course the UK scientists. One of my best friends and a very brilliant scientist was from Czechoslovakia. His English accent was so thick that many senior executives could not understand him. I was able to promote him up to a level below myself as I rose in the company to a Chief Engineer position. However, if it had not been for my personal confidence in his technical ability, and my help to him in organizing verbal presentations to non-technical management, he would have been stymied. I think a lot of Chinese origin technical people are hampered in USA corporations by their difficulty with spoken English.

Those guys abroad are self selected groups. The native Indians in Malaysia are still in trouble today, not able to bootstrapped themselves out of trouble. They are descendants from lower caste.

The upper caste Indians in Singapore do give us caste problem, and I would hope they can get rid of their vices. Even the local Indians (most are low caste) resent them.

We have a problem because our government know that Singaporeans hate them and they keep naturalizing foreigners to remain in power. They are harming our country.

Even as Indians are caste-ist, we need not have siege mentality to bar them here. We need time to assimilate them else, with too many caste-ist here, it will be bad for Singaporeans and Indians.

Actually some of my Indians colleague confess to me many things, but I may be reluctant to share as it is anecdotal.

You mean how people's jaw drop when they hear African immigrants perform better than the white students in U.K. for example :azn:

It is not a flash in the pan when almost 3 million people of a single community do well.

Most of my working career was spent at a USA Fortune 500 company in the computer peripherals business. I was a manager in the R&D&M departments for 20 years. We had foreign scientists (all PhD's earned at American universities) who had immigrated from the UK, India, Germany, Czechoslovakia, China, Argentina and Israel in my various groups over my career. What I observed is that promotion to management levels above the small group depended crucially on English language skills. If a brilliant scientist or engineer couldn't make a cogent presentation to non-technical managers of my company, i.e the sales, marketing and finance people, then they did not advance above the first or second level of management. Indian origin scientists had good English skill, as did, of course the UK scientists. One of my best friends and a very brilliant scientist was from Czechoslovakia. His English accent was so thick that many senior executives could not understand him. I was able to promote him up to a level below myself as I rose in the company to a Chief Engineer position. However, if it had not been for my personal confidence in his technical ability, and my help to him in organizing verbal presentations to non-technical management, he would have been stymied. I think a lot of Chinese origin technical people are hampered in USA corporations by their difficulty with spoken English.

That contains some truth. But neither Indians are good in slang as many claim, as you can go youtube and hear Indians big bosses speak.

Back
Top Bottom