What's new

MI-35 deal between Moscow And Islamabad politically approved!

Russia defense industry is superior and more mature than Chinese. So If this deal materialize then this is good for Pak army.

It was Soviet Defense industry which was mature and way ahead of China, after collapse of USSR it collapsed and even distributed in other countries too. Now it is in rebuilding phase since then because Russia don't have money to fund it, that is why they need more partners in military projects then before.

It is good for both countries relations which must extend to full strategic relations of all spectrum.

They are good choppers, But once again Russia Equipments are very expensive to maintain. I hope PA knows what they are getting into.

How many mi35 is Pakistan planning to buy?

Their current cobra fleet is 35-40 can they afford 30 Mi-35 hinds as a replacement?
Pakistan have around 50 cobra's (including ex jordanians) and i think order of Mi 35 will be less than 20

They are good choppers, But once again Russia Equipments are very expensive to maintain. I hope PA knows what they are getting into.

Mi35 originated from Mi8 . Pakistan already has infrastructure for this helo. I think this deal was finalize long time ago, because recently Russian establish a huge overhauling workshop in Pakistan and now they will start the delivery.

"
Chief of Army Staff, General Raheel Sharif visited the newly set up premier helicopter overhauling facility at Aviation Base Workshop on 25th June and witnessed the first batch of overhauled helicopters.

Addressing on the occasion, Chief of Army staff, congratulated engineers and technicians of Aviation Base Workshop for having developed the first ever inland helicopter overhauling capability in collaboration with Saint Petersburg Aviation Repair Company (SPARC).He specially appreciated the team for cost effectiveness and time reduction achieved due to our own overhauling facility.

Chief of Army Staff emphasized on enhanced self reliance and continuous skill development to meet the growing challenges of maintaining high operational readiness of Army Aviation. The ceremony was attended by a large number of serving and retired military officers.

Tags: Mi-8, Mil, Military, MRO, News, Overhauls, Pakistan, SPARC"

Indian posters on Dawn site are going berserk calling Russian equipment junk, relic and useless and mostly asking how Pakistan will pay for it. its "heartening" to see a flurry of honest comments our neighbours find necessary to make about us.

Deal to sell MI-35 helicopters 'politically approved': Russian envoy - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

i've always wondered why/how Dawn news manages to capture more enthusiastic indians than Pakistanis themselves :laugh:

quite the habit of theirs, to comment on Pakistani publications

(peddling rubbish)

What will be qty ? 2 dozen or so ? who knows but overall great news .

We are getting these helicopters for 'Anti Narcotics Operations' so these birds are not for PA but Anti Narcotics Force.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom