What's new

Message by CAS PAF , Air Chief Marshal Zaheer Ahmed Baber Sidhu at Zuhai Air Show-2021

His English is way better than the kind of English the Chinese speak in general

However, a proud nation only speaks in it's national language.

Chinese speak in their national Chinese language without speaking English

If the audience is Chinese, then why speak in English?

He should have spoken in Urdu and translated into Chinese
English is the official language of the Pakistani armed forces.

Mashallah , fantastic , abilities to communicate 10/10 from my end

I understood the speech perfectly , it was very articulate and he gave the whole speech without reading from hand held paper or notes

Unsure why some posters , had issues with his English , the man gave a very solid speech
Why is he not reading from a prepared statement? Angraizi is certainly not the strongpoint of the incumbent CAS. While I don't put a lot of stock in spoken English, why not just speak in Urdu and have it translated?

While we can thank Zia sahib for the horrendous standards of written and spoken English, I experienced and saw through the stupidity of conversion to Urdu medium in Pakistan, but leaving that aside, why not just speak in Urdu and have it translated?

I believe your criticism is not valid
It is valid English speech without any UK mainland accent perhaps

Which is fine because no one in Pakistan speaks with UK mainland accent

Llike most people , most people want to know when the JF17 Block III is scheduled to be included into Pakistan Airforce and if we will get J10C to take load of the F16 platform

Last edited:
He's probably reading from two transparent teleprompters, hence his very obvious glances to the left and right. Poorly choreographed show, shoddy job by the PAF PR people.
Army doesn't have a media wing, hence the shoddy design / pr material: see standee below.

1634014055295.png

This standee is probably made by the Nigerian AF, but i get your point. We've seen far worse actually, one only needs to look at the PAC promotional material/standees etc at defence exhibitions.
I mean the Military hires folks to do their videos and stuff but can't find a decent guy from a country of 220 million to do better graphic design?

Kon log hain ye.

Why is he not reading from a prepared statement? Angraizi is certainly not the strongpoint of the incumbent CAS. While I don't put a lot of stock in spoken English, why not just speak in Urdu and have it translated?

While we can thank Zia sahib for the horrendous standards of written and spoken English, I experienced and saw through the stupidity of conversion to Urdu medium in Pakistan, but leaving that aside, why not just speak in Urdu and have it translated?

Colonial hang ups. Worth, progress, modernity is all judged by the yardstick relevant to the white man and the burden it left on our collective psyches.

Also, when everyone around you has just as bad of a grip on the English language (grammar, vocab, spoken --- everything), then you start feeling like yours is fine.

The countries that are today not superpowers but are very relevant on the world stage (Turkey, Iran, Germany, Japan, etc.) all take exceptional pride in their local languages. All their local signage, menus, government machinery, etc., is in their local language. Yet they are more interconnected and progressive than us ---- interestingly, while occupied, none of these countries were colonized by Imperial Britain in the way we were.
I mean the Military hires folks to do their videos and stuff but can't find a decent guy from a country of 220 million to do better graphic design?

Kon log hain ye.

Voh log jinko ye bhi bohat kamaal lagga ho ga.

When standards go down, when your top brains stop joining civ/mil forces (barring a TINY amount of exceptions), this is the result.

Colonial hang ups. Worth, progress, modernity is all judged by the yardstick relevant to the white man and the burden it left on our collective psyches.

Also, when everyone around you has just as bad of a grip on the English language (grammar, vocab, spoken --- everything), then you start feeling like yours is fine.

The countries that are today not superpowers but are very relevant on the world stage (Turkey, Iran, Germany, Japan, etc.) all take exceptional pride in their local languages. All their local signage, menus, government machinery, etc., is in their local language. Yet they are more interconnected and progressive than us ---- interestingly, while occupied, none of these countries were colonized by Imperial Britain in the way we were.

Voh log jinko ye bhi bohat kamaal lagga ho ga.

When standards go down, when your top brains stop joining civ/mil forces (barring a TINY amount of exceptions), this is the result.

Very well said. Agreed 100%.

O Yaar, why would I comment if I had not seen the video? If you feel that angraizi expression is fine then good on you. ;-)
He is the chief of the air force. Come on. He is very capable guy and a fighter pilot. Not an easy task in Pakistan.

nothing wrong with his delivery. just another desi angraiz trying to create an issue where there is none. everyone speaks other languages according to the rules of their own language, there is nothing wrong in it. a far worse delivery is that of americans residing in southern states. or those in scotland. but its the desis who get offended for no reason when one of their own doesnt speak perfect elite birtish english.

because we are still mental slaves of the west.

Back
Top Bottom