What's new

Massage from a srilankan!

i would like to Salute, srilanka team and officials, and brave players who took bullets. and who agreed to visit despite the escaliting security situation. this is demoralising, demotiviating, embaressing and devestating to me as a pakistani to see such a think happening to our Guests.

but the gestutre given by u is very much motivational, and i am hopefull that we as a nation with ur help can come out of this crisis and stand up shoulder to shoulder with Srilankan brothers to fight this coward act taken by terriorist- most probably Indian-RAW.

i hope we together beat indians

India unhappy with Sri Lanka's cricket tour to Pakistan: Reports

28 Dec 2008, 1901 hrs IST, IANS

COLOMBO: India is not happy with Sri Lanka's cricket tour to Pakistan, media reports said on Sunday.

The tour was hastily arranged by Pakistan after India refused to go ahead with the scheduled visit following last month's terror attacks in Mumbai. The then interim committee of the Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) headed by Arjuna Ranatunga, which was later dismissed by the government, accepted the invitation to fill in for India.

But now after the government cleared the tour, Indian authorities have expressed their displeasure over the next month's series.

Independent Sunday Times quoting SLC sources said that the decision by the Ranatunga administration to undertake the tour "had irked the Indian authorities" and the matter had been discussed "at the highest levels in Colombo".

"These sources said that SLC also received clear signals that Indian authorities were unhappy with the move to tour Pakistan when they were having political problems with that country. They said they treated the Sri Lankan move as a snub on the Indians mainly as a fallout from the Indian Premier League (IPL) issue," the daily said.

The report said that the Sri Lankan sports authorities were forced to go to the foreign ministry to get clearance for the national team's tour to Pakistan next month "following a nose-dive in Indo-Pak relations in recent weeks".

With sports minister Gamini Lokuge briefing President Mahinda Rajapaksa "saying that the Pakistan tour had become a diplomatic issue". Rajapaksa then referred the matter to foreign minister Rohitha Bogollagama.

Bogollagama, however, has said that there was no "diplomatic pressure applied on Sri Lanka either by India or Pakistan" with regard to the cricket tour.

He has told the newspaper that he cleared the tour considering it as a "sporting issue", and that Sri Lanka promoted "people-to-people visits" among South Asian member states.

"If indeed there were security concerns, the matter has to be determined by the International Cricket Council (ICC)," the foreign minister was been quoted as saying.

Claiming that both India and Pakistan "are important factors in Sri Lanka's military and diplomatic efforts to defeat the LTTE", the Sunday Times said that Ranatunga has sought a meeting with Rajapaksa to present his case.

India unhappy with Sri Lanka's cricket tour to Pakistan: Reports - News - News - Cricket on Times of India

SL players are really tough. They seemed kind of unimpressed by the attackers, they got a ride in an army chopper and were more excited about that. You can see them on TV taking pictures next to the army chopper n all.

SL players are really tough. They seemed kind of unimpressed by the attackers, they got a ride in an army chopper and were more excited about that. You can see them on TV taking pictures next to the army chopper n all.

they should be excited after horrible experience with Pakistan's 'z'- category securiry..

very sad indeed - this is sports - when has cricket hurt anyone!

sir, i respect ur view, but i have this sentence in reply to the phrase that i have underlined above in ur post "Politics is a dirty game", i hope that inshallah u will get my message.:agree:

Last edited:
this culprits who try to brake the friendship between sri lanka & Pakistan , wanted to kill our all Cricket team players

Pakistan is being destroyed by few terrorists

Wake up

DO NOT HAVE PEACE NEGOTIATION WITH THEM.TALK TO THEM AS THEY CAN UNDERSTAND :sniper::guns:

Although our players made a narrow scape, Terrorists have done a big damage for international image of Pakistan.

lONG LIVE PAKISTAN SRI LANKA FRIENDSHIP:cheers::smitten:

thx for the kind words i'm glad all the sri-lankan players made it out alive i'm deeply ashamed of what happened after the Sl team was kind enough to come to pakistan I hope we will catch and castrate these b@stards :angry:

this culprits who try to brake the friendship between sri lanka & Pakistan , wanted to kill our all Cricket team players

Wake up

DO NOT HAVE PEACE NEGOTIATION WITH THEM.TALK TO THEM AS THEY CAN UNDERSTAND :sniper::guns:

Although our players made a narrow scape, Terrorists have done a big damage for international image of Pakistan.

brother in such times nothing can be better than ur these words. we are deeply ashamed and also sorry for this incident. I am glad our sri lankan guest made it alive. i hope nothing will effect our brotherly relation and once again thanks for ur support. helped me a lot to once again raise my head

Batman sir,
with all due respect, I can understand this anger boiling inside you. and this frustration as well. but if you really go through what i think of this attack, you might chane your point , its not right to point your anger to me. I am actually one of the black sheep of family who want to - make a peaceful rally in Delhi tonight - opposing this attack on pakistan.
As for that statement on xxxxxx me in pakistan. You cant harm me brother, physically or morally, because i doubt i am stronger in both cases to you.
But really-if you tell me where i said something wrong- i will apologize to you.:cheers:

No you are not black sheep and neither did you said any thing wrong above.
My last sentence was not a reply to you but it was a comment to the responsible.
I appologise for misunderstanding, I may have caused for not clearly separating reply to you and my comments in general.
One thing, as per the facts known to us you really have to work hard to win our trust but one thing I can assure you even you fail to win our trust you will will never find us unreasonable.
All the best for your goodwills.

On a funny note, the thread implicates as if we can get a (free) massage from a Sri Lankan person, "lol", just to keep our spirits up and put a smile on people's face.

Anyways, back to the subject, thank you very much for your kind words Sir, I do hope that this attack will only lead to further co-operation and brotherhood between our nations, i'm glad the Lankan players got away safe, i'm sad that some of them and their staff got seriously injured, i'm sad that our police officers who have the hardest of times especially in these times of turmoil to do their job effectively and safe, and it comes with a cost, may they rest in peace.

Spread out the word and let our Sri Lankan friends know that we do not support this act of violence against them, their team, or anyone else on this planet.
God bless.

On a funny note, the thread implicates as if we can get a (free) massage from a Sri Lankan person, "lol", just to keep our spirits up and put a smile on people's face.

Anyways, back to the subject, thank you very much for your kind words Sir, I do hope that this attack will only lead to further co-operation and brotherhood between our nations, i'm glad the Lankan players got away safe, i'm sad that some of them and their staff got seriously injured, i'm sad that our police officers who have the hardest of times especially in these times of turmoil to do their job effectively and safe, and it comes with a cost, may they rest in peace.

Spread out the word and let our Sri Lankan friends know that we do not support this act of violence against them, their team, or anyone else on this planet.
God bless.

Yes sir,I WILL

Wake up

The Best Way Forward:
1. Security agencies in Pakistan must get their acts together and catch the terrorists whoever they are. (I seriously doubt this is an act sponsored by RAW because covert capabilities of RAW were wound up way back when Indrakumar Gujral was PM of India as a goodwill gesture)

2. Improve the security scenario and restore the confidence of International Community. If for this purpose Army has to take over than be it. (Today only General Kayani has warned Zardari Government)

3. Successfully organize the Cricket World Cup in 2001 jointly with India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. I think this will be the best reply to the terrorists.

The Best Way Forward:
1. Security agencies in Pakistan must get their acts together and catch the terrorists whoever they are.

2. Successfully organize the Cricket World Cup in 2001 jointly with India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. I think this will be the best reply to the terrorists.

agree:cheers:

:pakistan:
The Best Way Forward:
1. Security agencies in Pakistan must get their acts together and catch the terrorists whoever they are. (I seriously doubt this is an act sponsored by RAW because covert capabilities of RAW were wound up way back when Indrakumar Gujral was PM of India as a goodwill gesture)

2. Improve the security scenario and restore the confidence of International Community. If for this purpose Army has to take over than be it. (Today only General Kayani has warned Zardari Government)

3. Successfully organize the Cricket World Cup in 2001 jointly with India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. I think this will be the best reply to the terrorists.

hope to see this hapening in 2011 (not in 2oo1);):pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom