What's new

Does India Need a Caste-based Quota in Cricket? | Drawing Parallels from South Africa

Its impossible to fake being a real OBC SC ST, this is something passed down from parents to children that they are lower caste.

My parents, even though being semi-literate, taught me to work hard, and get scholarships in some of the most premier Universities in US and UK.

My parents are not as 'Nalla' as yours.

My parents, even though being semi-literate, taught me to work hard, and get scholarships in some of the most premier Universities in US and UK.

My parents are not as 'Nalla' as yours.
From you don't deserve to My parents are not as 'Nalla' as yours. - there your upper caste fangs are out, didn't take much time.

Last edited:
Hey guys, chill it please.
Don’t drag parents into your scheme of things.

1997 India Vs South Africa, Cape Town test match - 8 Brahmans in single team, and India lost the match.
Fl4zZeIacAEptAb.jpg
pagal ho gya ha tu, apna ilaaj karva le

Depending upon caste, the boundaries on the ground should also be adjusted. For OBCs bring the boundaries 20 feet inside, for SCs the inner circle will be the boundaries and the STs will get to bat twice. After that if still they don't score it will be fault of the Brahmin third umpire :lol:

I don't believe in such religious and such things... But

Today's India cricket team is playing with shami, Umran and Siraj.... Three are the Muslims players.

still, people claim that no justice is being done to minorities in India,

I don't believe in such religious and such things... But

Today's India cricket team is playing with shami, Umran and Siraj.... Three are the Muslims players.

still, people claim that no justice is being done to minorities in India,
they are deservingly there on merit, not on some viklang quota bs

Yes, I agreed.

Personally, I don't like quota systems. it should be limited to only most affected states as like UP, bihar etc only...
whole system is a mess, STs ne loot machai hui hai

man thing is ki deserving candidates should go though, kya ye bhikari apna victim card le ke sab kuch mang rahe ? 90%+ need to be told to get out and never come back.. dafa karo inko !

BCCI is shit a organization, there is no doubt about it. The selection process is also rife with favouritism. But to say that caste based quotas is the solution is absolutely ridiculous.

whole system is a mess, STs ne loot machai hui hai

man thing is ki deserving candidates should go though, kya ye bhikari apna victim card le ke sab kuch mang rahe ? 90%+ need to be told to get out and never come back.. dafa karo inko !

Bhai, it is a new strategy.

My son looks like my neighbour - Brahmanwad
My fart stinks - Brahmanwad
Cyclone aa gaya - Brahmanwad
Mera khada nahin ho raha - Brahmanwad
Meri biwi ne mujhe peeta - Brahmanwad

Anti upper caste, anti successful, anti male species gi ganga beh rahi hai. Yeh @Drizzt types bhi apna paploo fit kar rahay hain uss mein.

Bhai, it is a new strategy.

My son looks like my neighbour - Brahmanwad
My fart stinks - Brahmanwad
Cyclone aa gaya - Brahmanwad
Mera khada nahin ho raha - Brahmanwad
Meri biwi ne mujhe peeta - Brahmanwad

Anti upper caste, anti successful, anti male species gi ganga beh rahi hai. Yeh @Drizzt types bhi apna paploo fit kar rahay hain uss mein.
I know, bro.

but taras bhi aata hai jamahir and drizzt types pe. These guys are so very convinced and so well entrenched in their "anti brahmanvad" positions, ki reason karna mushkil hi ni, namumkin hai lol

BCCI is shit a organization, there is no doubt about it. The selection process is also rife with favouritism. But to say that caste based quotas is the solution is absolutely ridiculous.

It is not related to BCCI...

It is all about captain sahab.... Example If Rohit wants KL Rahul to play due to his favoritism then what can BCCI do?

Rohit and virat, their Favoritism caused losing the world Cup in 2019, 21 and 22 due to their bad selection for playing with 11 players.

No cricket doesn't need a caste based quota system. Caste based reservation is a social elevation policy not an economic one. And people have been interpreting the reservation system the wrong way. It's for equality among unequals so that two persons can stand on the same pedestal and compete. India in the past had a very regressive varna system, reservation is positive discrimination to uplift a large section of the population and to give them a chance to compete on the same grounds.
And there's reservation and "segregation" for everything in India based on caste, creed, gender, EWS quota ( which was under much controversy as the annual salary is like 10 lakhs iirc), and state based quota like Maharashtra's Maratha quota.
If you'd quote that someone well off is benefiting of the system then you likely have a surface level understanding of the whole thing, also the number of such instances is very less if you look at our nation as a whole with many backward classes living below the poverty line.
The whole system would need a major change to do something about it. The fact that you don't listen about stuff related to these things in cities especially as society has transformed from a social status based one to a economic status based, that's not to say such caste based discrimination now doesn't exist, it exists but to a lesser degree and is not as prominent as it once used to be.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom