What's new

Mass protests as Hong Kong marks 15 years under China

Status
Not open for further replies.
HongKongers are pi$$ed off more because of economics .. though the politics is the cause which is hitting sentiment.
Increasingly HongKong is seen as just another Shanghai in financial circles, useful primarily for china-centric business. It is fast losing it's clout as a regional financial center.

With less money per capita, and flooding of it's infrastructure (esp hospital infrastructure) it's abilities to attract overseas specialized workforce is definitely going down.

HongKong's loss is Singapore's gain.

A second tier gainer is Dubai, whose business from South Asia and Middle-east is going up.

For chinese not for most of the HK ppl...for them they are part of China by force and not by choice!!! nobody wants to be a part of China..may its HK, or Tibet or Taiwan...Chinese system sucks!!!

if these people dont want to be a part of China they will be armed and fight in their blood in the same manner and as many a number as the indian rebels who are ravaging over more than 1/3 of the indian subcontinent for many decades

india fails totally and it is the worst system to be despised upon by the rest of the world

dude dont be angry i was merely reminding you as u were shouting so loudly democracy......

Bheja fry plz:wave:

we dont mind whatever these HKers are shouting but just DONT FOLLOW THE INDIANS DELUSIONAL WAY OF FOGGING DEMOCRACY!

What do u think? People shouldnt think freely? People shouldnt protest or oppose govt and must be like a slave to communist party in power?
Hear their problems and try to implement them...

Who said otherwise , my dear troll?

they are slaves because they have a much much lesser freedom and democracy under the british rules and yet during the majority of the colonial period, in which they were so much exploited, yet they seldom whisper a sound against the brits for the last 50 years!

1341138688_4a28.jpg

1341128943_d389.jpg

1341129015_3126.jpg

bkn-20120701205937255-0701_00822_001_01b.jpg

1341147706_db9d.jpg

e2a2796429fd15405aaba695dec3c0a8.jpg

c00e4e8e2b75b6c32f5dd6a3406c75f1.jpg

8049_342398925835731_1565834675_n.jpg

I'm not surprised at the scale of these protests. My friend from HK hates China, he and his friends keep on b!tching about it all the time on fb.

I'm not surprised at the scale of these protests. My friend from HK hates China, he and his friends keep on b!tching about it all the time on fb.

these protests are good.. hopefully people from Mainland can also pick up courage like this..

on the side note i would like to make a very important point..

Just give freedom to chinese people like HK people enjoy.... the ccp would be forced out power in less then one year... CCP WONT BE ABLE TO RETAIN POWER FOR 1 YEAR EVEN

its only becoz people's freedom is curtailed and any dissenting voice jailed or kidnapped never to be seen again that people are not able to do anything in China

It is natural that in every places there're different opinions. However, western media only have one side of the story, no wonder they are losing credit everyday to majority of Chinese. It is so funny that some trolls here getting high and making conclusions on places that they've never been to base on a protest, even protests in their own countries are nothing new to them.

these protests are good.. hopefully people from Mainland can also pick up courage like this..

Just give freedom to chinese people like HK people enjoy.... the ccp would be forced out power in less then one year... CCP WONT BE ABLE TO RETAIN POWER FOR 1 YEAR EVEN

its only becoz people's freedom is curtailed and any dissenting voice jailed or kidnapped never to be seen again that people are not able to do anything in China

To be honest with you the freedom of the people from the mainland is none of my concern. If they are happy with the current system and making progress, good for them. But many Hong Kongers don't like the Chinese rule.

20,000 protestors but seen this last year.

then it is 400000 most likely....

To be honest with you the freedom of the people from the mainland is none of my concern. If they are happy with the current system and making progress, good for them. But many Hong Kongers don't like the Chinese rule.

people of mainland are not happy... they are CRIPPLED to launch any kind of aggitation in mass.... the ccp will kill the first sparks of protest before it becomes big.... the chinese cant discuss or think or plan to come out in such large numbers... before someone says or hints towards such a idea he and his family would be missing forever..

then it is 400000 most likely....

people of mainland are not happy... they are CRIPPLED to launch any kind of aggitation in mass.... the ccp will kill the first sparks of protest before it becomes big.... the chinese cant discuss or think or plan to come out in such large numbers... before someone says or hints towards such a idea he and his family would be missing forever..

the closet to 400,000 were the 2003 protests more like 20,000-100,000.

as long as the economy is running the cpc will remain regardless of the political or social issues.

If majority of people are against CCP, they will be out no matter what they do. CCP didn't get power by protesting and KMT at that time were way more brutal. Take a rest and worry about your own Maoists.

If majority of people are against CCP, they will be out no matter what they do. CCP didn't get power by protesting and KMT at that time were way more brutal. Take a rest and worry about your own Maoists.

CPC has there supporters and opposition but The economy is the most important issue, this is why they will remain in power.

as for hk they have certain issues like the wealth gap, Leung Chun ying has several issues to tackle.

Back before 1997 the governor of Hong Kong was appointed, not elected. Must've been really Democratic in the old days huh.

If your friends from HK hate China so much you can tell them to pack and move to India, the biggest democracy in the world, because they're unlikely to change the fact that HK is merely a city of China. There are many more people, than the likes of your friends, who love HK and hope, through peaceful process, to transform the city as a model for all cities in China to emulate.

If we do correctly we can be the harbinger of Chinese style democracy to come. Waving British flags and spreading venom against China will only hurt our causes.

CPC has there supporters and opposition but The economy is the most important issue, this is why they will remain in power.

Defintely, the main problem in China today is not extreme poverty, but income inequality. I've noticed that governments have done a lot in the recent years for the poor people. Hopefully Xi will also increase government transparency. I'd like to see government and state owned enterprise to publish their account books. I believe some of them do. In my hometown police department put their spendings on the internet and get challenged on buying some expensive SONY laptops. A good start. Overall China is very promising. In a long run I think CCP will just fade away (a name tag now anyway) and there's no party in China. I don't want voting politics.

Defintely, the main problem in China today is not extreme poverty, but income inequality. I've noticed that governments have done a lot in the recent years for the poor people. Hopefully Xi will also increase government transparency. I'd like to see government and state owned enterprise to publish their account books. I believe some of them do. In my hometown police department put their spendings on the internet and get challenged on buying some expensive SONY laptops. A good start. Overall China is very promising. In a long run I think CCP will just fade away (a name tag now anyway) and there's no party in China. I don't want voting politics.

Corruption and the wealth gap are the biggest problems, also some steps being taken

China orders top army officers to declare assets | AP World News - The News Tribune

hk they have certain issues like the wealth gap, Leung Chun ying has several issues to tackle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom