What's new

Mass protest against covid lockdown erupts in Urumqi city, Xinjiang province, Mayor tries to appease the angry crowd and promises quick lifting

You know it's not true, it's the real public sentiment right now
Not mine. In most time of the 3 years, Beijing and other Chinese cities were not in lockdown. People had normal lives in most time thank to the zero covid policy. The present lockdown has not lasted long. I don't believe peoplewould be so upset if there is no outside instigation.

Not mine. In most time of the 3 years, Beijing and other Chinese cities were not in lockdown. People had normal lives in most time thank to the zero covid policy. The present lockdown has not lasted long. I don't believe peoplewould be so upset if there is no outside instigation.
Are you kidding me? Now I don't know if you really live in China or not, open your wechat and check it out if you have one.

The virus now is much weaker than it was 2 years ago, even China opens up now, it won't be that bad, check out Qatar world cup now.
Beijing already reported several deaths. No expert in China ever said the virus is as weak as flu yet

Beijing already reported several deaths. No expert in China ever said the virus is as weak as flu yet
Yes, 4 of them in the late 80's and early 90's, do you know how many people living in Beijing and how many elders die from the flu each single hour in this mega city?

Yes, 4 of them in the late 80's and early 90's, do you know how many people living in Beijing and how many elders die from the flu each single hour in this mega city?
4 out of thousands cases. Not a small number. Do you ever consider the number will soar if too many people can not be treated in hospitals after giving up zero policy?

No expert in China ever said the virus is as weak as flu yet
微信图片_20221127121010.png

4 out of thousands cases. Not a small number. Do you ever consider the number will soar if too many people can not be treated in hospitals after giving up zero policy?
This new variant didn't go out of control in other countries how can you be sure they will only wreck havoc in China? what you claim is just an assumption, not a fact.

The government already tried lockdowns, they used to work but stop working now with this new variant, why not starting to try another option. The Covid is changing, and our policies should be changing with it.

Last edited:
View attachment 900786

This new variant didn't go out of control in other countries how can you be sure they will only wreck havoc in China? what you claim is just an assumption, not a fact.
SG is a city. Not a good example for reference. Compared to develped countries, China doesn't have enough medical resources

1669522686908.png

Why the Chinese govenment has to be this stubborn, see the public and college students from all over China now are rising up, do you want to see another 1989? I don't.
Because there are no enough proofs and data that prove the covid is as weak as flu. Once the zero covid policy is given up, there is no turnback. And do you really think people will keep silent if the covid brings disaster result? As I said at #9, they will attribute all fault to government too.

Because there are no enough proofs and data that prove the covid is as weak as flu. Once the zero covid policy is given up, there is no turnback. And do you really think people will keep silent if the covid brings disaster result? As I said at #9, they will attribute all fault to government too.
If that happens then it's the people that asked for it, the government can be off the hook, but now it's likely to evolve into a political storm which may indeed disrupt China's smooth developing to her full potential, at this moment the government should cater to the public will to avoid a high possible social disturbance and chaos.

For me, facts does matter.
It's not easy to tell who is lying and who's telling the truth now, what matters now is to end this craziness from both sides.

You know what else there is not enough proof of? Whether a government can survive if it continuously locks its citizens in their homes and prevent them from making a living for an extended period of time. Businesses are going bankrupt left and right, and the working class is struggling because they have no income to speak of. Even government workers are not getting paid in some places.

Remember revolution are just 3 meals away.

If that happens then it's the people that asked for it, the government can be off the hook, but now it's likely to evolve into a political storm which may indeed disrupt China's smooth developing to her full potential, at this moment the government should cater to the public will to avoid a high possible social disturbance and chaos.
You forget the silent majority. i'm one of them. Not everyone hates zero covid policy in China.

You forget the silent majority. i'm one of them. Not everyone hates zero covid policy in China.
How do you even know you're "silent majority"? Did you conduct a poll or referendum?

Oh shit I forgot CPC banned those. I swear you little pinks are the shittiest creatures in China cheering for everything Xi does, even if he shits down your throat.

A govern that does not tolerate dissent and continuously disrupts the lives of its citizens is doomed to be brought down.

Both you and me clearly know you are not the silent majoity, don't we? the public sentiment now is overwhelmingly for removing lockdowns, let's be honest.

Back
Top Bottom