What's new

Mass protest against covid lockdown erupts in Urumqi city, Xinjiang province, Mayor tries to appease the angry crowd and promises quick lifting

Sorry for the victims. But I don't think it will change anything. Zero covid policy is a Xi Jinping trademark ., and its a policy he strongly identifies with. Its basically part of his political capital. He has linked zero covid with his own political hallmark. So how can he suddenly explain to people that it was almost for nothing after locking down and disrupting people's life for over over 3 years and counting. In short its not a health issue anymore but a political one now. Reason I don't see that changing anytime soon. Maybe a few years from now, barring a major shift in Chinese politics.
Urumqi's lockdown had been lifted today due to last night's chaos, people need to pile on the pressure, no leaders in China can blatantly go against the will of the majority of the population.

It's a lie, muiltiply footages clearly showed the fire trucks couldn't get into the neighborhood and close to the the burning building, some people had to use big hammers to break the road blocks leading to the compound.
If you read the Chinese text, it did say that they had to dismantle certain structure because it is blocking the fire truck. And it explain those are entrance and exit gate and railings for traffic control of vehicle moving in and out of the compound. It also say they have to remove some concrete block because of the large turning radius of the firetruck.

It is specifically the forth question that the gov't answer or the last 2 paragraphs.

Additionally I also read from weibo that some are mentioning vehicles blocking the road because of illegal parking, and it took sometime to remove them probably because difficulty in finding the resident owner in the building, some even mention vehicle not being able to start, but this is not mentioned in the report so I don't know how true.

Now many Chinese universities are holding rallies, students confronting school officials and teachers, i worry the whole situation might go out of control if the government didn't back down, we don't want to see another 1989.

Xinjiang Korla city hall is being overrun by the protestors right now

If you read the Chinese text, it did say that they had to dismantle certain structure because it is blocking the fire truck. And it explain those are entrance and exit gate and railings for traffic control of vehicle moving in and out of the compound. It also say they have to remove some concrete block because of the large turning radius of the firetruck.

It is specifically the forth question that the gov't answer or the last 2 paragraphs.

Additionally I also read from weibo that some are mentioning vehicles blocking the road because of illegal parking, and it took sometime to remove them probably because difficulty in finding the resident owner in the building, some even mention vehicle not being able to start, but this is not mentioned in the report so I don't know how true.
People called the police to report a rumor mongering crime, The caller called the police and accused Chinese central TV station and the Urumqi city mouthpiece media channel of spreading lies.

This call was actually made to embarrass the police

Xinjiang Bayingolin Mongol Autonomous Prefecture party leader delared life back to normal from tomorrow after a night of intense discussion with protestors.

Crowds cheered in joy

Sorry for the victims. But I don't think it will change anything. Zero covid policy is a Xi Jinping trademark ., and its a policy he strongly identifies with. Its basically part of his political capital. He has linked zero covid with his own political hallmark. So how can he suddenly explain to people that it was almost for nothing after locking down and disrupting people's life for over over 3 years and counting. In short its not a health issue anymore but a political one now. Reason I don't see that changing anytime soon. Maybe a few years from now, barring a major shift in Chinese politics.

Whether Xi likes it or not, he will be forced to change. Not even a full blown dictator like Kim Jong-Un and a fully isolated North Korea can stop Covid.

Even with extreme measures like chaining doors and locking up people like pets, China still reported ~30K infections yesterday. To pursue near zero cases they will have to double down on their measures, which is not possible. How much more extreme can you go than chaining doors and locking up people like pets? And the people won't push back?

People called the police to report a rumor mongering crime, The caller called the police and accused Chinese central TV station and the Urumqi city mouthpiece media channel of spreading lies.

This call was actually made to embarrass the police

The caller said it is announced on 4th Nov that the area is declared as high-risk, so CCTV is spreading lies by saying it is low risk area, but according to gov't report it has been lowered to low-risk a few days prior to fire. Also, I read from weibo that people that claimed to lived in the building collaborated that fact. What is the point of making this kind of juvenile prank call to the police? and puting it on the web so that people that don't know would believe it because the caller said it?

The caller said it is announced on 4th Nov that the area is declared as high-risk, so CCTV is spreading lies by saying it is low risk area, but according to gov't report it has been lowered to low-risk a few days prior to fire. Also, I read from weibo that people that claimed to lived in the building collaborated that fact. What is the point of making this kind of juvenile prank call to the police? and puting it on the web so that people that don't know would believe it because the caller said it?
Does it even matter now? You are on the Chinese social media , aren't you?

Shanghai public hold rally to mourn and pay tribute to Xinjiang Urumqi fire victims at Shanghai Urumqi Road, the police try to stop the crowds

Shanghai public hold rally to mourn and pay tribute to Xinjiang Urumqi fire victims at Shanghai Urumqi Road, the police try to stop the crowds

Why they didn't mourn millions of deaths in none zero covid policy regions? The fire killed some people because of lockdown. The covid will kill more without lockdown.

CIA penetrations emerged in China
You know it's not true, it's the real public sentiment right now

Why they didn't mourn millions of deaths in none zero covid policy regions? The fire killed some people because of lockdown. The covid will kill more without lockdown.
The virus now is much weaker than it was 2 years ago, even China opens up now, it won't be that bad, check out Qatar world cup now.

Back
Top Bottom