What's new

Malala Yousafzai Wins Nobel Peace Prize for Pakistan.

Poor Nobel! He would have never imagined that one day a prize associated with his name will become this worthless.

She's a good kid, brave and forthright, but her award is politicized and she does not deserve it. This has just cheapened the Nobel, as if it hadn't been cheapened enough already.

Yeah I'm Indian and I'm saying that.

People like Edhi would add luster to the award. Now that's a great man. Like the Bangladeshi Muhammad Yunus whose award had merit.

This is just ....politics.

She's a good kid, brave and forthright, but her award is politicized and she does not deserve it. This has just cheapened the Nobel, as if it hadn't been cheapened enough already.

Yeah I'm Indian and I'm saying that.

People like Edhi would add luster to the award. Now that's a great man. Like the Bangladeshi Muhammad Yunus whose award had merit.

This is just ....politics.
Yeah this is politics.Obama getting Nobel was a bigger joke than this.But the brighter side in this for me is that it will damage the already damaged image of pak even further.

She has made the whole nation proud. Malala serves as an inspiration to women around the world. Congratulations to Malala!
Ali Khan
Digital Engagement Team, USCENTCOM

There are thousands Like Malala faced the same situation; why they have chosen her only?
she didnt get recognition for just taking bullet in the head in 2013. She was active for girls education much earlier. Basically her blog for BBC "gul mukai" when she was nine in 2008. Taliban shot her because she was already a well known figure, atleast among pakhtuns. Her seminars and speeches were bothering taliban so they shot her, it was not just random attempt.

Yeah this is politics.Obama getting Nobel was a bigger joke than this.But the brighter side in this for me is that it will damage the already damaged image of pak even further.
May be it is insult for pakistanis, but in my opinion it is big achievements for pashtun nationalists. She belong to an ANP family and thats what bacha khan struggled the most for.....education of females in pashtun society

Because of those thousands, only she kept voicing for the cause. The rest were afraid to take a stand publically. And that is also the reason she was specifically targetted, and not the other thousands of girls who were also denied an education by those barbarians.

Yea, how can a 14 year old girl be scared of bullets and gunmen, right?:rolleyes:

And BTW her achievement was not getting shot. It was her public stance of education for girls during the time those bearded barbarians ruled that place. Thousands of girls like her were prohibited from attending school. She was brave enough to speak out.
spot on

Last edited:
Because Edhi has not done anything for them. Malal's father has.
What has the Indian recepient done for "them"?

Mr Edhi might be very deserving, but that does not mean that we should denigrate Malala's commendable resistance. There are many in India and the rest of the world who'se works go unnoticed and unrecognized. But that doesn't make this victory undeserved. I can name several less deserving people who have won the nobel prize. Heny Kinninger?:usflag:

May be it is insult for pakistanis, but in my opinion it is big achievements for pashtun nationalists. She belong to an ANP family and thats what bacha khan struggled the most for.....education of females in pashtun society

Weren't the people she opposed also Pashtuns?

In any case, without getting into Pashtun or Pakistani nationalism, I am happy to see her honoured, it is a victory for humanity. Female literacy and education is a very, very important issue in Pak and India and many other places.

No.. not like that. its because she was getting continues training to do so as proved by media that her father was in touch with them and he was working on the agenda and other thousands girls were not part of that force. :))

Mr Edhi might be very deserving, but that does not mean that we should denigrate Malala's commendable resistance. There are many in India and the rest of the world who'se works go unnoticed and unrecognized. But that doesn't make this victory undeserved. I can name several less deserving people who have won the nobel prize. Heny Kinninger?:usflag:

Weren't the people she opposed also Pashtuns?

In any case, without getting into Pashtun or Pakistani nationalism, I am happy to see her honoured, it is a victory for humanity. Female literacy and education is a very, very important issue in Pak and India and many other places.
So what? I am specifically talking about pashtun nationalists aka followers of bacha khan.

she didnt get recognition for just taking bullet in the head in 2013. She was active for girls education much earlier. Basically her blog for BBC "gul mukai" when she was nine in 2008. Taliban shot her because she was already a well known figure, atleast among pakhtuns. Her seminars and speeches were bothering taliban so they shot her, it was not just random attempt.

I also remember watching an interview she gave to CNN around that time, describing what happened after control of that region was handed over to Taliban. She was very eloquent in describing the plight that she and thousands of other girls came to live under, wanting to get an education, but prevented from doing so. This was years before they shot her. Even in Pakistan, it was her shooting that really changed public opinion against TTP. Even the TTP itself was forced to write a sort of apology to her, probably as a PR exercise. She has highlighted the plight of girls, and championed for their rights much better than anybody else. That is true, whether the talib sympathizers want to admit it or not.

No.. not like that. its because she was getting continues training to do so as proved by media that her father was in touch with them and he was working on the agenda and other thousands girls were not part of that force. :))
The "agenda" was championing female literacy. How evil.:rolleyes:

So what? I am specifically talking about pashtun nationalists aka followers of bacha khan.
Maybe so, I am not knowledgeable about Pashtun nationalism. As I said, I am happy on behalf of humanity. Race and religion and nationality are all secondary to me.

May be you people are right in defending this issue but I can see this as an attack on our culture and religion..... May be I'm wrong but I pray for good to come..

May be you people are right in defending this issue but I can see this as an attack on our culture and religion..... May be I'm wrong but I pray for good to come..
Please explain how it is an attack on your religion.

7bf0a6c1d019c8024736444158484133.jpg

Congratulations to Malala.

Mr Edhi might be very deserving, but that does not mean that we should denigrate Malala's commendable resistance. There are many in India and the rest of the world who'se works go unnoticed and unrecognized. But that doesn't make this victory undeserved. I can name several less deserving people who have won the nobel prize. Heny Kinninger?
My point proved. This means there is no merit but vested interest. I dont know about the Indian who co shared it. Indians should know more then me about him.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom