What's new

Malala and her family are now millionaires, claims a new report

Gee, the vast number of conspirators obviously went to incredible lengths to foist this deception. :o:

You know what my dilemma is, shared with many others, the involvement of US and her allies in anything that is related to Pakistan gets me suspicious. And then I tend to believe 'other' versions of stories. It also has a lot to do with my belief that we are inherently good guys and everyone is out to take unfair advantage of us, and partly because of the history particularly of the US and especially since the Pressler amendment.

No other problems but Malala's bank account?
Well we suspect some of that money might be begged on Pakistan's name...

Her initial cry was that Pakistani girls cant go to school in her village....So ALOT of charities gave her money to make a change...SO far her village and whole of Pakistan hasnt seen a dime...

You know what my dilemma is, shared with many others, the involvement of US and her allies in anything that is related to Pakistan gets me suspicious. And then I tend to believe 'other' versions of stories. It also has a lot to do with my belief that we are inherently good guys and everyone is out to take unfair advantage of us, and partly because of the history particularly of the US and especially since the Pressler amendment.

The problem I have always discovered with conspiracy theories is that they violate the rules of logic by starting with what the person often passionately wants to believe, and that they quickly require an ever expanding cast of villains in order to ever make their theory "work". In my experience the most basic facts and most economical answer is the right one, about 90+% of the time, hence, Occum's razor. Not to derail the thread but it's like your inference that the US commando raid didn't really kill Osama bin-Laden in Abbottabad, despite the global news coverage of the event, Pakistan's government eventual confirmation of it, and even Al-Qaeda confirming it, vowing revenge...

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia/2011/05/201156125729467729.html

In this case, ironically, Pakistan's actions were inherently good in that they quickly flew an innocent girl who had been savagely attacked by terrorist thugs to an army hospital and cared for her, all without any US involvement that I know of. It perplexes me to think that the conspiracy theorists would have their army be dishonest and duplicitous conspirators in a fraud and the victim, not really innocent and so by inference, her attackers not really the bad guys they seem. :disagree:

Last edited:
Good for her, if it's true. :enjoy: She suffered a horrendous and barbaric attack. She recovered and has become a great spokesperson, taking tragedy and turning it into something positive for the world. She has turned out to be a fine, young lady as well. I hope she IS a millionaire while her attackers languish in their ignorance and obscurity.

She certainly is brave. We hope she'll come back home

If you still buy that malala horse shit and don,t think any foreign hand is involved in that drama then you are dumb as ****.
Arfa karim and other girls who died by taliban are the real daughters of our nation.
We should snatch her pakistani nationality and exile her whole family.

:) well good luck to her and her family. The bullet in her head had brought fortune to her family which is again as we Muslims believe was written in her fate by the Lord.

Good Luck Malala enjoy life. Everybody does not get such opportunities

Lets also not forget all the donations charities were giving to her after hearing her sad story about "HER VILLAGE" where she was shot...Same village hasnt seen a penny of it!

Do you think she is the ONLY one who has been shot? MANY got shot...the other 2 girls who were shot with her what happened to them and their story?

What about APS students? They didnt leave the country they so call love!

And he rightly said it! ALL her speeches turn about HER VILLAGE/ area and province and how Taliban made education difficult for girls...We dont see a single penny going back to either that school, the village nor the province!

In English we do say she sold her country's name!

She spoke dearly about all her idols from the west - like no one in Pakistan is good enough to inspire her despite soo many women doing great things! The boy who freed the factory workers was shot! He knew he was doing a dangerous thing yet he did it on ground not going around bad mouthing Pakistan!

The lady who got the award for klin workers freedom....She is internationally recognized and still working for Pakistan in Pakistan....She gets people donating her and all comes back to her work FOR PAKISTAN...

There are plenty of such examples! But Malala isnt one of them!
I think you never read her diaries from couple of years back attack on her she was voicing against Devils aka taliban who were than ruling sawat, give me example of any other who stood against them in dark era of sawat. APS kids shahdat were an attack not a for a kid but to terrorise whole country you can't match both incidents with same motives. Have to go! Happy Ramdhan may Allah give us courage to stood against these devils openly and loudly.

I think you never read her diaries from couple of years back attack on her she was voicing against Devils aka taliban who were than ruling sawat, give me example of any other who stood against them in dark era of sawat.
You think no one did? Well maybe not a public scale but on local scale yes many!!

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Asia-South-Central/2009/0607/p06s08-wosc.html - 3 yrd before Malala was shot
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor.../Women-in-battle-against-Taliban-in-Swat.html

Our army stood up and were killed but no movie/ book or even acknowledgement of the standards given to Malala is shown...Kind of sad to take 1 and make it the face when so many have died and been ignored!

- 2 other girls were also shot...But none were made famous and Pakistan bashing face...In fact they are no where on the media! They wanted to stay back...they did until another attack caused them to leave....but their intention to stay back with their country kind of story isnt a best seller I guess!
http://poy.time.com/2012/12/19/the-other-girls-on-the-bus-how-malalas-classmates-are-carrying-on/
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...L-defy-Taliban-school-says-Shazia-Ramzan.html
http://www.aworldatschool.org/news/...ia-why-a-world-at-school-is-so-important-1506

What about now? https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...b8ac96-eeaa-11e4-8050-839e9234b303_story.html

APS kids shahdat were an attack not a for a kid but to terrorise whole country you can't match both incidents with same motives.
I am not talking about the "motives" but the after effects where 1 group of people stayed went back to the same school despite being terorized while the other left bad mouthed Pakistan (not first to do so) got funds but didnt put back a dime for which she got the funds....Kind of like the begging bowl of politicians for the country but you dont see the money put on the country!

Have to go! Happy Ramdhan may Allah give us courage to stood against these devils openly and loudly.
Ramadan Mubarak to you too!

Malala and Nabila: worlds apart
Unlike Malala Yousafzai, Nabila Rehman did not receive a welcoming greeting in Washington DC.

On October 24, 2012 a Predator drone flying over North Waziristan came upon eight-year-old Nabila Rehman, her siblings, and their grandmother as they worked in a field beside their village home. Her grandmother, Momina Bibi, was teaching the children how to pick okra as the family prepared for the coming Eid holiday. However on this day the terrible event would occur that would forever alter the course of this family's life. In the sky the children suddenly heard the distinctive buzzing sound emitted by the CIA-operated drones - a familiar sound to those in the rural Pakistani villages which are stalked by them 24 hours a day - followed by two loud clicks. The unmanned aircraft released its deadly payload onto the Rehman family, and in an instant the lives of these children were transformed into a nightmare of pain, confusion and terror. Seven children were wounded, and Nabila's grandmother was killed before her eyes, an act for which no apology, explanation or justification has ever been given.

This past week Nabila, her schoolteacher father, and her 12-year-old brother travelled to Washington DC to tell their story and to seek answers about the events of that day. However, despite overcoming incredible obstacles in order to travel from their remote village to the United States, Nabila and her family were roundly ignored. At the congressional hearing where they gave testimony, only five out of 430 representatives showed up. In the words of Nabila's father to those few who did attend: "My daughter does not have the face of a terrorist and neither did my mother. It just doesn't make sense to me, why this happened… as a teacher, I wanted to educate Americans and let them know my children have been injured."

The translator broke down in tears while recounting their story, but the government made it a point to snub this family and ignore the tragedy it had caused to them. Nabila, a slight girl of nine with striking hazel eyes, asked a simple question in her testimony: "What did my grandmother do wrong?" There was no one to answer this question, and few who cared to even listen. Symbolic of the utter contempt in which the government holds the people it claims to be liberating, while the Rehmans recounted their plight, Barack Obama was spending the same time meeting with the CEO of weapons manufacturer Lockheed Martin.

Selective memory

It is useful to contrast the American response to Nabila Rehman with that of Malala Yousafzai, a young girl who was nearly assassinated by the Pakistani Taliban. While Malala was feted by Western media figures, politicians and civic leaders for her heroism, Nabila has become simply another one of the millions of nameless, faceless people who have had their lives destroyed over the past decade of American wars. The reason for this glaring discrepancy is obvious. Since Malala was a victim of the Taliban, she, despite her protestations, was seen as a potential tool of political propaganda to be utilised by war advocates. She could be used as the human face of their effort, a symbol of the purported decency of their cause, the type of little girl on behalf of whom the United States and its allies can say they have been unleashing such incredible bloodshed. Tellingly, many of those who took up her name and image as a symbol of the justness of American military action in the Muslim world did not even care enough to listen to her own words or feelings about the subject.

As described by the Washington Post's Max Fisher:

Western fawning over Malala has become less about her efforts to improve conditions for girls in Pakistan, or certainly about the struggles of millions of girls in Pakistan, and more about our own desire to make ourselves feel warm and fuzzy with a celebrity and an easy message. It's a way of letting ourselves off the hook, convincing ourselves that it's simple matter of good guys vs bad guys, that we're on the right side and that everything is okay.

But where does Nabila fit into this picture? If extrajudicial killings, drone strikes and torture are in fact all part of a just-cause associated with the liberation of the people of Pakistan, Afghanistan and elsewhere, where is the sympathy or even simple recognition for the devastation this war has caused to countless little girls such as her? The answer is clear: The only people to be recognized for their suffering in this conflict are those who fall victim to the enemy. Malala for her struggles was to be made the face of the American war effort - against her own will if necessary - while innumerable little girls such as Nabila will continue to be terrorized and murdered as part of this war without end. There will be no celebrity appearances or awards ceremonies for Nabila. At her testimony almost no one even bothered to attend.

But if they had attended, they would've heard a nine-year-old girl asking the questions which millions of other innocent people who have had their lives thrown into chaos over the past decade have been asking: "When I hear that they are going after people who have done wrong to America, then what have I done wrong to them? What did my grandmother do wrong to them? I didn't do anything wrong."

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2013/11/malala-nabila-worlds-apart-201311193857549913.html

I think you never read her diaries from couple of years back attack on her she was voicing against Devils aka taliban who were than ruling sawat, give me example of any other who stood against them in dark era of sawat. APS kids shahdat were an attack not a for a kid but to terrorise whole country you can't match both incidents with same motives. Have to go! Happy Ramdhan may Allah give us courage to stood against these devils openly and loudly.
If you still dont understand the meaning of business...I have highlighted for you below!
How Pakistani schoolgirl Malala joined the millionaires’ club

fcfa6e9c-b3e8-452c-8c9e-28cee6dfc245_16x9_788x442.jpg

Reuters, LondonFriday, 1 July 2016

Malala Yousafzai, the Pakistani teenage education activist who survived a near-fatal attack by the Taliban, and her family have become millionaires in under four years due to sales of a book about her life and appearances on the global speaker circuit.

Yousafzai, 18, the youngest person to win the Nobel peace prize, shot to international fame after emerging defiant from the assassination attempt on a school bus in Pakistan’s Swat valley in October 2012 to continue her fight for girls’ rights.

Yousafzai, who received medical treatment in Britain where she now lives, is in constant demand globally, charging $152,000 per speech compared with Desmond Tutu’s reported $85,000, according to US-based Institute for Policy Studies.

Her memoir, “I Am Malala”, published in 2013, has sold 287,170 copies in Britain with a total value of about 2.2 million pounds ($3 million) and over 1.8 million copies worldwide, according to a spokesman from Nielsen Book Research.

While Yousafzai has set up the Malala Fund to support girls’ education projects in developing countries, her family also established a company, Salarzai Ltd, in 2013 to protect the rights to her life story.

Publically available information shows that the London-based company, owned by Yousafzai, her father Ziauddin Yousafzai, and her mother, Toor Pekai, has a net worth of 1.87 million pounds in August 2015, up nearly 65 percent from the previous year.

Since the publication of Malala’s book, Malala and her family have donated more than $1 million to charities, mostly for education-focused projects across the world including Pakistan,” Yousafzai’s family said in a statement emailed to the Thomson Reuters Foundation.

Earlier this year Malala urged world leaders at a conference in London to commit $1.4 billion to give Syrian refugee children access to education.

Malala told a crowd in London’s Trafalgar Square last week at a memorial for murdered British lawmaker Jo Cox that the opposition Labour MP “showed us all that you can be small and still be a giant”.

Cox, a strong supporter of refugee causes and staying in the European Union (EU), was shot and stabbed to death in her constituency in northern England a week before Britain voted to leave the EU.

($1 = 0.7398 pounds)

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/var...-Malala-has-joined-the-millionaires-club.html

Too many fishy things...

For one the company rose too fast...Then again everyone bought her book..
2nd thing is she helped in Pakistan? Dont you think it would be in every media if she did....esp Pakistani media?

She has taken picutre and it was in media when she helped other schools and countries...Why isnt Pakistan highlighted like that?

I will give her this she is using her fame to help raise for Syria....but I do have a natural hatred for people who are liars...or drama queens!

If you still dont understand the meaning of business...I have highlighted for you below!
How Pakistani schoolgirl Malala joined the millionaires’ club

fcfa6e9c-b3e8-452c-8c9e-28cee6dfc245_16x9_788x442.jpg

Reuters, LondonFriday, 1 July 2016

Malala Yousafzai, the Pakistani teenage education activist who survived a near-fatal attack by the Taliban, and her family have become millionaires in under four years due to sales of a book about her life and appearances on the global speaker circuit.

Yousafzai, 18, the youngest person to win the Nobel peace prize, shot to international fame after emerging defiant from the assassination attempt on a school bus in Pakistan’s Swat valley in October 2012 to continue her fight for girls’ rights.

Yousafzai, who received medical treatment in Britain where she now lives, is in constant demand globally, charging $152,000 per speech compared with Desmond Tutu’s reported $85,000, according to US-based Institute for Policy Studies.

Her memoir, “I Am Malala”, published in 2013, has sold 287,170 copies in Britain with a total value of about 2.2 million pounds ($3 million) and over 1.8 million copies worldwide, according to a spokesman from Nielsen Book Research.

While Yousafzai has set up the Malala Fund to support girls’ education projects in developing countries, her family also established a company, Salarzai Ltd, in 2013 to protect the rights to her life story.

Publically available information shows that the London-based company, owned by Yousafzai, her father Ziauddin Yousafzai, and her mother, Toor Pekai, has a net worth of 1.87 million pounds in August 2015, up nearly 65 percent from the previous year.

Since the publication of Malala’s book, Malala and her family have donated more than $1 million to charities, mostly for education-focused projects across the world including Pakistan,” Yousafzai’s family said in a statement emailed to the Thomson Reuters Foundation.

Earlier this year Malala urged world leaders at a conference in London to commit $1.4 billion to give Syrian refugee children access to education.

Malala told a crowd in London’s Trafalgar Square last week at a memorial for murdered British lawmaker Jo Cox that the opposition Labour MP “showed us all that you can be small and still be a giant”.

Cox, a strong supporter of refugee causes and staying in the European Union (EU), was shot and stabbed to death in her constituency in northern England a week before Britain voted to leave the EU.

($1 = 0.7398 pounds)

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/var...-Malala-has-joined-the-millionaires-club.html

Too many fishy things...

For one the company rose too fast...Then again everyone bought her book..
2nd thing is she helped in Pakistan? Dont you think it would be in every media if she did....esp Pakistani media?

She has taken picutre and it was in media when she helped other schools and countries...Why isnt Pakistan highlighted like that?

I will give her this she is using her fame to help raise for Syria....but I do have a natural hatred for people who are liars...or drama queens!
Nothing fishy. This isn't the 50s, where things moved slowly. In today's world, if you don't move fast, you lose any right to what you claim to own.

The problem I have always discovered with conspiracy theories is that they violate the rules of logic by starting with what the person often passionately wants to believe, and that they quickly require an ever expanding cast of villains in order to ever make their theory "work". In my experience the most basic facts and most economical answer is the right one, about 90+% of the time, hence, Occum's razor. Not to derail the thread but it's like your inference that the US commando raid didn't really kill Osama bin-Laden in Abbottabad, despite the global news coverage of the event, Pakistan's government eventual confirmation of it, and even Al-Qaeda confirming it, vowing revenge...

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia/2011/05/201156125729467729.html

In this case, ironically, Pakistan's actions were inherently good in that they quickly flew an innocent girl who had been savagely attacked by terrorist thugs to an army hospital and cared for her, all without any US involvement that I know of. It perplexes me to think that the conspiracy theorists would have their army be dishonest and duplicitous conspirators in a fraud and the victim, not really innocent and so by inference, her attackers not really the bad guys they seem. :disagree:

The Army depends on the order of a single man, the Army chief. The army chief during those incidents was a person who is well known to be a spineless coward, one who'd rather turn away from fight and lately as it has emerged an extreme corrupt. I know we are going off topic, but a US raid at Abbottabad is as absurd as anything, the US commandos would have been captured alive, if possible, or dead, in any such activity in which the Military was not expressly involved. Everything that you may believe is the 'version' of events as told by you. It could yet be possible, the most likely story, that PakMil was holding on to OBL's body to cash it with the US at the right time, the US found out about it and blackmailed Pakistan to allow them to perform such a mission to give Obama his 2nd stint, we all know where his ratings were before the operation.

And all the global news coverage was as per US's shared version of events. In Pakistan, the earliest news we got from ground zero was from residents who said that the Military had imposed a curfew in the area from the evening, nobody was allowed to leave their homes and that electricity was cut off resulting in a complete blackout. The streets were being patrolled by Army and the residents thought that the Army was conducting some exercise. All these were later on silenced.

Back
Top Bottom