What's new

Making a Secular Hero, Out of Communal Tipu Sultan

Tippu was one of the confused leaders of India who was actually over smart. Neither he was a nationalist as showcased by some historians. His fight against British by inviting french into the arena was his last minute attempt to save his kingdom.

Even though he was son of a local Muslim Hyder Ali, an ex-officer in the Mysorean army, was never interested in integrating into local culture; as he abolished Kannada (followed during his father's rule) and made Persian as his state language.

He provided the much needed security to some hindu shrines in his kingdom to gain goodwill from his majority Hindu Subjets. However at the same time he tried expand his territory as well as his religion beyond western ghats through brute force.

Its true that he employed several Hindus for important positions in his kingdom; However to know his REAL secular intentions; the inscription written in Persian on his sword is enough.
The sword of Tipu Sultan carried an inscription: “My victorious Sabre is lightening for the destruction of the unbelievers. Thou art our Lord, make him victorious who promotes the faith of Muhammad. Confound him, who refuses the faith of Muhammad and withold us from those who are so inclined”.

Interesting that articles in India have propped up in the Past decade with increasing focus on discrediting and "analyzing" Muslim rule with an almost zealous fervor.

There have been plenty of articles/artifacts/recordings about Tipu's mindless acts of religious violence in Kerala,Karnataka.

Its just that they were not well-publicized till now as he also happened to fight against the British and now people are becoming more aware of the true realities.

You may ask anyone from Kerala about Tipu and the colorful language you encounter will put to rest any doubt that its a RSS/VHP/BD/blahh blah organisation's bid to discredit a "secular" king who was the paragon of religious tolerance. Infact the significant Muslim population in Kerala is due to the fact of the mass conversions that happened during his rule in Kerala.

First let me tell you this article is totaly crap and bullshit.
Its another funda to down Potray Indian Muslim.

Telling the truth about a princely ruler no way degrades the Indian Muslim. Infact I am amazed at even how you came to this "wonderful" conclusion. For example does enumerating the atrocities of Aurangazeb mean all Indian Muslims are bad ? :what:

If you say about Tipu Sultan a traitor what about Subash Chandra Bose.

WTF is the 0.1% relationship between Tipu and Netaji in context of the article ?

If you say about Tipu Sultan a Communal what about Shivaji

Well what about him ? He was a nationalistic ruler who fought to regain the Hindu pride from the alien Islamic invaders like the afghan Afzal Khan.

If Tipu Sultan wanted he could have taken all golds from Tirupati and Padmanabhaswamy temple.

Tirupati in those days was not as rich as it is now and Tipu;s kingdom never did include the area the Padmanabhaswamy Temple is located. The Travancore rajas took care of that.

This atricle shows how some fustrated people want to get recognised by Indian Media.

This article just shows the white-washing of history that is happening in India to blank out any atrocitiies that were committed by certain rulers in the name of religion and how people are more determined in reading through the veil to know the truth.

Very Wrong Comparisons.:angry:

Shivaji didn't go down destroying mosque , killing muslims for being muslims or tried convert Muslims to Hinduism of his empire .

Even the worst critic wouldn't accuse shivaji of communal biase .

Oh yes the "secularists" of India can do that.For them if some Muslim (in this case Tipu) has done something wrong then they take it as their life's mission to somehow implicate a Hindu also in a similar act and try to equate it to the act of the Muslim .Like how they invented the term "saffron terror" to create a sense of equality when bomb blasts by radical Islamist groups were rocking India day after day.

There have been plenty of articles/artifacts/recordings about Tipu's mindless acts of religious violence in Kerala,Karnataka.

Its just that they were not well-publicized till now as he also happened to fight against the British and now people are becoming more aware of the true realities.

You may ask anyone from Kerala about Tipu and the colorful language you encounter will put to rest any doubt that its a RSS/VHP/BD/blahh blah organisation's bid to discredit a "secular" king who was the paragon of religious tolerance. Infact the significant Muslim population in Kerala is due to the fact of the mass conversions that happened during his rule in Kerala.

I pity on you that you don't know the History of India / Kerala.
Kerala had Muslims even before Mohammad Bin Qasim & Mahmud Ghazni invaded North India.

Kerala Had MUSLIMS, CHRISTIANS & JEWS before any foreign invasion or conversion in other parts of India.

So get your Facts right

The article indicates otherwise..
or perhaps I should say.. the idea that the excesses committed under Muslim Rulers.. eventually that is what the article is stressing.
Muslim atrocities on non-Muslims.

I do agree that most of them weren't much interested in using the Muslim tagline for an identity.. however.. those who did like Tipu.. and Aurengzeb.. have been the target of much character assassinations.

Where did you see the character assassination??? Muslim rulers in India forcibly converted millions of Hindus/Buddhists and were very proud of it. Where is the doubt?

Kerala had Muslims even before Mohammad Bin Qasim & Mahmud Ghazni invaded North India.

Kerala Had MUSLIMS, CHRISTIANS & JEWS before any foreign invasion or conversion in other parts of India.

So get your Facts right

How did crores of saudis cross the Arabian sea at once .:lol:

So get your Facts right

Oopsie doopsie genius.

I never meant that the entire population of Muslims came out of thin air during the Tipu reign. I said their numbers which were small before exploded during his reign and the conversions he orchestrated.

So get your Facts right
Although, the Converts or say First Muslims of Indian Subcontinent are the Mappila Muslims of Kerala under Malik Ibn Dinar, There was mass forced Conversion during Tipu's Reign. Hindus and Syrian Christians fled Malabar during Tipu's invasion. Dharma Raja, the then Ruler of Travancore, Gave Assylum and Protection to these People. This is common knowledge in Kerala.

Where did you see the character assassination??? Muslim rulers in India forcibly converted millions of Hindus/Buddhists and were very proud of it. Where is the doubt?

Well the problem lies in the fact that, there has been a complete white wash of history which sounds bad on character of Islam in pre British era, in India as we are a secular country. The funny thing is i don't understand how reading about that would be detrimental to our Secular character?? Lot of people argue about the change of history in Pakistan and intervention of the ruling in education etc, but what happened is never brought to light. I am sure if Tipu's soul wandering would come here and read about this he would laugh his guts out.

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Although, the Converts or say First Muslims of Indian Subcontinent are the Mappila Muslims of Kerala under Malik Ibn Dinar, There was mass forced Conversion during Tipu's Reign. Hindus and Syrian Christians fled Malabar during Tipu's invasion. Dharma Raja, the then Ruler of Travancore, Gave Assylum and Protection to these People. This is common knowledge in Kerala.

Go and say this to Congress guys, they will ask to which division of RSS do you belong to??

Well the problem lies in the fact that, there has been a complete white wash of history which sounds bad on character of Islam in pre British era, in India as we are a secular country. The funny thing is i don't understand how reading about that would be detrimental to our Secular character?? Lot of people argue about the change of history in Pakistan and intervention of the ruling in education etc, but what happened is never brought to light. I am sure if Tipu's soul wandering would come here and read about this he would laugh his guts out.

Exactly.

How on earth could the documentation of true events that were carried out by certain bigots in the name of religion bestow a bad name to an entire religion and its followers who might have to do nothing with those bigots ?

I dont know which genius in the NCERT came up with this idea and started this practise. Did he think the Muslims in India supported those acts and mentioning them now will hurt them ?

Exactly.

How on earth could the documentation of true events that were carried out by certain bigots in the name of religion bestow a bad name to an entire religion and its followers who might have to do nothing with those bigots ?

I dont know which genius in the NCERT came up with this idea and started this practise. Did he think the Muslims in India supported those acts and mentioning them now will hurt them ?

Like someone has said, masses are not matured enough to handle the truth without destroying religious structures and indulging in riot.

Anyway Tippu was typical ruler of that time. He didn't do anything for the sake of religion but all his actions were to make his kingdom secure. That's why he allowed Hindu subjects in his kingdom to profess their faith freely and carried out atrocity in Kerala to subjugate them.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom