What's new

Making a Secular Hero, Out of Communal Tipu Sultan

If these can make Mahtma as the malaise for India, then anybody can be tarnished by these RSS pracharaks...

In the end eventhough Tipu was defeated by British much of the forces that took part in the campaign came from Marathas & Nizam of Hyd. Even Travancore(South-Central Kerala) and TN forces pitched in as everyone was fed up of his ambitions and expansionism. As luckyyy said many things was white washed in India which also includes the reign of Tipu Sultan. Only because he fought against British made the post independence history writers to declare him a hero without looking into the other aspects of his rule.

Even me was a fan of Tipu Sultan due to Sanjay Khans serial, until the 'internet age'. So thank God (& Americans) for internet as it helped us to free our mind from Govt brainwashing.

Though our constitution says "sathyameva Jayathe" , our population is not mature enough to handle the truth. I am all for brainwashing for the sake of communal harmony. Let the masses know the truth when they can handle it without demolishing religious structures and rioting.

Though our constitution says "sathyameva Jayathe" , our population is not mature enough to handle the truth. I am all for brainwashing for the sake of communal harmony. Let the masses know the truth when they can handle it without demolishing religious structures and rioting.

it would be better to put the topic in higher acedemic studyies where mature people can handle the truth, inplace congress govt put it in jounior classes where students have no option ...
oviously post independent nehru never would have thought that after 60 years internet will take such disccusion out of the close acadmic circles on to the masses ...

First let me tell you this article is totaly crap and bullshit.
Its another funda to down Potray Indian Muslim.

If you say about Tipu Sultan a traitor what about Subash Chandra Bose.
If you say about Tipu Sultan a Communal what about Shivaji
If Tipu Sultan wanted he could have taken all golds from Tirupati and Padmanabhaswamy temple.

This atricle shows how some fustrated people want to get recognised by Indian Media.

I 100 % agree with you on this regard.......
Please tell these HATE Mongers to visit TIPPUS fort you will find temples inside.

Tipu Sultan fought valiantly against the British , that doesn't mean He was secular or had greatg respect for Hindu religion etc.

At the same he didn't have pathological hatred for Hindus either . He didn't committed atrocities against Hindus of Mysore ,even donated generously to some Hindu temples of Mysore. Surely these were political move to keep Hindu citizens of the state happy .

But its also true that his forces were very brutal towards Hindus of Travancore or few other places who rebelled against his .
There was big plunder atrocities and rampant conversions took place.

PS: Tipu Sultan is complicated . He is hero to some and villain to some other . But one thing is sure that Tipu Sultan was very dynamic leader of his era.

Come on dude...wht is the point is discussing about Tipu sultant in the present scenario...

I 100 % agree with you on this regard.......
Please tell these HATE Mongers to visit TIPPUS fort you will find temples inside.

Our neighbour on the West also has temples, churches & gurudwaras and Blasphemy Law....Your point is ?

Tipu Sultan fought valiantly against the British , that doesn't mean He was secular or had greatg respect for Hindu religion etc.

At the same he didn't have pathological hatred for Hindus either . He didn't committed atrocities against Hindus of Mysore ,even donated generously to some Hindu temples of Mysore. Surely these were political move to keep Hindu citizens of the state happy .

But its also true that his forces were very brutal towards Hindus of Travancore or few other places who rebelled against his .
There was big plunder atrocities and rampant conversions took place.

PS: Tipu Sultan is complicated . He is hero to some and villain to some other . But one thing is sure that Tipu Sultan was very dynamic leader of his era.

Rebelled...Travancore was never a part of Mysore Kingdom to begin with. He was an aggressor to Travancore who plundered his way through the region, destroying temples on the way.

If Tipu Sultan wanted he could have taken all golds from Tirupati and Padmanabhaswamy temple.

This atricle shows how some fustrated people want to get recognised by Indian Media.

Very Wrong Comparisons.:angry:

Shivaji didn't go down destroying mosque , killing muslims for being muslims or tried convert Muslims to Hinduism of his empire .

Even the worst critic wouldn't accuse shivaji of communal biase .

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

Rebelled...Travancore was never a part of Mysore Kingdom to begin with. He was an aggressor to Travancore who plundered his way through the region, destroying temples on the way.

yes, you are right .
But I'm talking about people of those places who rebelled against Tipu Sultan after he invaded those lands.

rather your posts seems to be a total crap.
The whole point of hiding the wealth in these temples was to protect it frm being run over by tippu's beasts.

Tippu is still considered the biggest barberian across religious lines in south india, and more espesialy in kerala

Our neighbour on the West also has temples, churches & gurudwaras and Blasphemy Law....Your point is ?

Why should i compare with neighbour at West ,rather i will prefer to compare with WEST

Why should i compare with neighbour at West ,rather i will prefer to compare with WEST

You don't get it. Just because Tippu Sultan has some temples inside his fort doesn't mean that he is tolerant towards Hindus...which he was not judging by his actions in Kerala.

You don't get it. Just because Tippu Sultan has some temples inside his fort doesn't mean that he is tolerant towards Hindus...which he was not judging by his actions in Kerala.

Actually it depends, when he attacked Kerala, his army did not fight hard battles till he entered Travencore. So very low levels of destruction on the way as there were hardly any good force to fight against him. When his army started fight against Travencore army (It was nearby my village, where the first battles were fought between Travencore-Mysore armies).there were severe destruction by his army.

But now ppl hardly think about all those and regard him as a hero coz he fought British.

Actually it depends, when he attacked Kerala, his army did not fight hard battles till he entered Travencore. So very low levels of destruction on the way as there were hardly any good force to fight against him. When his army started fight against Travencore army (It was nearby my village, where the first battles were fought between Travencore-Mysore armies).there were severe destruction by his army.

But now ppl hardly think about all those and regard him as a hero coz he fought British.
They hardly had anything to destroy except for some two cent armies, and so he moved on to torturing innocent people more often in inhumane manner which tarnished his whole image here.

Back
Top Bottom