What's new

Make In India - Fighter Jet musings - News, Developments, Updates - F16,F18, Gripen, Any other

LOL.

F21 is just another F16 avatar. It is black listed in India. Game over.

SH18 is a old horse, even in a block IV or V.... the latest swisss eval, this year, show that SH18 is low agile than legacy F18. It is heavier but with less load than Rafale. It's just a stop gap fighter, so are the capacity.
OMG! It seems you're out of touch about Aerospace industries!

Beyond superficial reassembles of F-16, F-21 comes with APG-83 SABR AESA and same EW Suite as F-35. The armaments package is unmatched. The most importantly, F-21 comes with MALD-J for swarm attacks against s-400.

https://www.globaldefensecorp.com/2019/08/01/lockheed-martin-f-21-meet-make-in-india-fighter-jet/

Super Hornet is semi-stealth and proven platform, can carry Nukes.

https://www.globaldefensecorp.com/2018/05/31/boeing-f-a-18-advanced-super-hornet/

Both F-21 and Super Hornet come with ToT. Rafale is great fighter aircraft, no doubt about it. Rafale is omnirole as well but costly to acquire. Question: Can India afford whopping £8B again for 36 Rafale or for 100+ Rafale costs whopping £50B plus. Indian would rather buy F-35 if they have to spend £50B.

US only sells F35s to countries that need help holding off China and Russia. India will never get F35#

this is not just old aircraft tech transfer or building factory its about india to have war with china and they make sure india will not short of jets before surrender.
india sud not go to anywhere els if they offering f16 the mighty to piss Pakistan off unless india is dealing somthing els beside that.

OMG! It seems you're out of touch about Aerospace industries!

Beyond superficial reassembles of F-16, F-21 comes with APG-83 SABR AESA and same EW Suite as F-35. The armaments package is unmatched. The most importantly, F-21 comes with MALD-J for swarm attacks against s-400.

https://www.globaldefensecorp.com/2019/08/01/lockheed-martin-f-21-meet-make-in-india-fighter-jet/

Super Hornet is semi-stealth and proven platform, can carry Nukes.

https://www.globaldefensecorp.com/2018/05/31/boeing-f-a-18-advanced-super-hornet/

Both F-21 and Super Hornet come with ToT. Rafale is great fighter aircraft, no doubt about it. Rafale is omnirole as well but costly to acquire. Question: Can India afford whopping £8B again for 36 Rafale or for 100+ Rafale costs whopping £50B plus. Indian would rather buy F-35 if they have to spend £50B.
LOL.
during a MACE exercise, a omnirole Rafale was able to detect S300 when the dedicated F16CJ can't.
F21 is just a refurbished F16. F16 is near the end of it's life. You will always found some country to by some, but what kind of country? peacefull or under the NATO umbrella. India needs up to date and fully effective weapons because in a permanent war situation.
In the same way you will always find some country to purchase old F5 with remaining potential. But for air policy peace time duty. Not more.

Both F-21 and Super Hornet come with ToT.
?
Sure not. Oh yes, for bolts, nuts, wires, door panels.

The Trump's America needs jobs in America. It's not to give India ToT and complet and up to date assembly line...

Just make the Rafale cheaper man. We are buying so many. Let's make life easier for both of us. :D
:omghaha::omghaha: . syapa mukya

Did I mean -- take a look at the relatively simple process of procuring fighters. Your entire tender and delivery took about 20 years. From initial requirements : in 2001 or so to the delivery of first fighter in 2019 or 20. If you folks would have bought the production lines of Mirage 2000 in 2001 or so, outright when France was starting to move to Rafale in numbers, by now you would have a large number of Mirage 2000s flying and replacing unreliable museum pieces like Mig-21. May be upgraded.
!
sir , khangress alias indian anti national congress of mohamad das karamchand gandhi always want to import defense equipment because of kickbacks , thankfully godse's bjp is trying to reverse everything as they have started make in in India program and focus have shifted post 2014 to try to make everything in bharat . highlighted part was golden opportunity missed as priorities were different that time .

US only sells F35s to countries that need help holding off China and Russia. India will never get F35#
we never intended to buy american jets either , it is american jet companies who want to sell and are desperate . moreover F35 is not out of the world jet . ok ?

Someone said Gripen is a available to buy on paper not in production. Well not now. Swedish Air Force Gets First Gripen E Fighter Jet https://www.globaldefensecorp.com/2019/12/08/swedish-air-force-gets-first-gripen-e-fighter-jet/
As for now it is an acrobatic show plane, not more.
No IOC, so even less FOC.
It will take several more years (5?) before the plane be fully operational.

The radar is far from being mature, so are the electronic countermeasures and the clearance of the weapons load and release.

Why do you think Switzerland refuse it to enter in the latest competition ?

As for now it is an acrobatic show plane, not more.
No IOC, so even less FOC.
It will take several more years (5?) before the plane be fully operational.

The radar is far from being mature, so are the electronic countermeasures and the clearance of the weapons load and release.

Why do you think Switzerland refuse it to enter in the latest competition ?
You dreamed about it, I guess.
Brazilian Gripen is firing BVRAAM and A-darter, dropping bombs. Swedish Gripen is dropping GBU. Raven ES-05 is perfectly mature product. Leonardo, Saab, Thales and BAE Systems are leaders in GaN technologies.
I guess you're a Russian fanboy. Go buy this https://www.globaldefensecorp.com/2019/09/08/from-russia-with-dud-meet-the-sukhoi-su-30-and-su-35/

Switzerland and Finland had different agenda. They will buy American products.
I guess Lockheed Martin F-35 is on their radar.

You dreamed about it, I guess.
Brazilian Gripen is firing BVRAAM and A-darter, dropping bombs. Swedish Gripen is dropping GBU. Raven ES-05 is perfectly mature product. Leonardo, Saab, Thales and BAE Systems are leaders in GaN technologies.
I guess you're a Russian fanboy. Go buy this https://www.globaldefensecorp.com/2019/09/08/from-russia-with-dud-meet-the-sukhoi-su-30-and-su-35/

Switzerland and Finland had different agenda. They will buy American products.
I guess Lockheed Martin F-35 is on their radar.
I dream? first Meteor was fired by Gripen E just one month ago (*)... That doesn't mean the weapon system is fully operational and mature. So is the radar, because to be leader in GaN technologies doesn't mean the softawares are all written, fine tuned and mature. Ask Eurofighter about that for the Captor E.
The Gripen E will be FOC in several years. Not tomorrow.

(*) we even don't know if the missile was guided or if it was just a separation test....

I dream? first Meteor was fired by Gripen E just one month ago (*)... That doesn't mean the weapon system is fully operational and mature. So is the radar, because to be leader in GaN technologies doesn't mean the softawares are all written, fine tuned and mature. Ask Eurofighter about that for the Captor E.
The Gripen E will be FOC in several years. Not tomorrow.

(*) we even don't know if the missile was guided or if it was just a separation test....

India should not look beyond Rafale's.
mon ami @BON PLAN can you shed some light on F4.

India should not look beyond Rafale's.
mon ami @BON PLAN can you shed some light on F4.
F4 includes some new weapons : 1000Kg AASM Hammer, MICA NG (with dual impulse engine)
F4 will receive new radar refinements (ISAR, electronic warfare, ...), hard and soft improvements on SPECTRA, the ability to be a connecting nod like F35 (and probably fully interoperable with F35), a new IRST, new engines calculators....

Older french Rafale will only received some of these improvements.
All new F3R (like the Indian birds) can have the whole package.

Can India afford whopping £8B again for 36 Rafale or for 100+ Rafale costs whopping £50B plus.
A good portion of any platform acquisition cost is end user customization and facility development. If I were India, I will seek commonality with my existing base. Either russian or french. Allows me to amortize fixed costs better.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom