What's new

Majority Pakistanis want legislation to be influenced by Islam, survey reveals

There is only ONE Islam, Fiqa has no value in Sharia, they are just schools of thought. Christianity and Islam are not alike, Christianity doesn't have any state craft in its jurisprudence as Jesus never really had a nation to run as a state. Christianity is a precursor to Islam, later embodies the laws of Allah swt which are supreme for us.

What kind of Islam? Sunni, Shia, Deobandi, Barelvi? Legislation can be inspired by core Islamic values such is done in western laws that are inspired by Christian values. They are however not in favor of any Christian belief system

Sometimes people just don't know whats good for them; the opinions of the US public on the slavery issue during the Civil War is a prime example of that.
who is to decide what is good for people? Nobody knows future and how our morality will change.

Sometimes people just don't know whats good for them; the opinions of the US public on the slavery issue during the Civil War is a prime example of that.

Yes, but it is still up to the people to devise systems for figuring out what to do, just like what USA did. It is not up to anybody else to tell the people what is good for them. That never works.

Yes, but it is still up to the people to devise systems for figuring out what to do, just like what USA did. It is not up to anybody else to tell the people what is good for them. That never works.

No one is suggesting that an alternative system be in place; simply that majoritarian authoritarianism is a very real thing and the crux of representative government lies in the fact that people don't always know whats right for them. What follows from this is that Leaders need to do the right thing because its in the best interests of the people irrespective of whether the people agree with them or not; Lincoln getting the amendment of abolishing slavery and the emancipation proclamation are a prime example of that - There was nothing conventional about the modus operandi of them being passed or enforced !

One can only feel sorry on your limited knowledge about the Islamic jurisprudence..
I probably have more knowledge about everything that is Islamic than you do and have the credentials and background to prove that, Unfortunately.

Islam is a complete code of life, its jurisprudence is to be defined by "Qayas", "Mukalima", and "Ijtehaad". We are not talking about a 7th century literalist state but a state that is capable of reinventing itself to meet or exceed modern times while using Islamic jurisprudence as a guide. Read Iqbal's lectures on the Reconstruction of the Religious Thought in Islam
There was no need to bring up those fancy words. Those words only prove that its jurisprudence is going to be what the Mullah/Islamic totalitarianist government wants it to be. And we all know what the Mullah wants.

No one is suggesting that an alternative system be in place; simply that majoritarian authoritarianism is a very real thing and the crux of representative government lies in the fact that people don't always know whats right for them. What follows from this is that Leaders need to do the right thing because its in the best interests of the people irrespective of whether the people agree with them or not; Lincoln getting the amendment of abolishing slavery and the emancipation proclamation are a prime example of that - There was nothing conventional about the modus operandi of them being passed or enforced !

Okay, so how do you propose to apply that concept to the majority of the people demanding sharia in Pakistan, given what we have to work with?

who is to decide what is good for people? Nobody knows future and how our morality will change.

I am not suggesting that you scrap democracy with an alternative system in place; I'm simply suggesting that people don't always make decisions that are in their best interests.

YES it can. Zakat is included as well as other such monetary obligations
whatever info has been provided here... the monetary obligation including zakat seems rather low . Do correct me if I am wrong, with an example calculation.

Okay, so how do you propose to apply that concept to the majority of the people demanding sharia in Pakistan, given what we have to work with?

You don't budge. Period.

But more so Chengi Bhai I haven't figured everything out yet....! :(

Legislation is made by the two houses of Parliament not by the Mullahs. The fact you have no idea about the legislative process is enough to state your astounding illiteracy about the Islamic jurisprudence.

I probably have more knowledge about everything that is Islamic than you do and have the credentials and background to prove that, Unfortunately.

There was no need to bring up those fancy words. Those words only prove that its jurisprudence is going to be what the Mullah/Islamic totalitarianist government wants it to be. And we all know what the Mullah wants.

I am not suggesting that you scrap democracy with an alternative system in place; I'm simply suggesting that people don't always make decisions that are in their best interests.

People have the right to make decisions for themselves, good or bad as they might appear to others.

There is only ONE Islam, Fiqa has no value in Sharia, they are just schools of thought. Christianity and Islam are not alike, Christianity doesn't have any state craft in its jurisprudence as Jesus never really had a nation to run as a state. Christianity is a precursor to Islam, later embodies the laws of Allah swt which are supreme for us.
There has never been ONE Islam. Islam has always been sectarian for thousands of years.

There is only ONE Islam, Fiqa has no value in Sharia/QUOTE]:lol:
One can only feel sorry on your limited knowledge about the Islamic jurisprudence.
:lol:

The joke's on you mate. Pray tell, Would this Sharia of yours legislate in favor of Hanafi ruling on divorce which says that the wife can be divorced in a single sitting or would it opt for the for the Wahabi ruling according to which you observe the three Tahar process?

Or does this Sharia of yours exclude divorce laws?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom