What's new

Majority Pakistanis want legislation to be influenced by Islam, survey reveals

Interesting survey.

I wonder in how many of the surveyed countries Ottoman history is taught, especially the bits about why the Ottoman Caliphs decided to abandon sharia? You don't get this in Pakistan, right?

Mola doesn't mean GOD and no Shia doesn't believe that Hazrat Ali is GOD. As expected liberals on this forum can't hide their pain on this survey :omghaha::omghaha:
Mola means god. I have Shia friends and they believe Ali to be God's manifestation on earth

Well ever since the Objective resolution religion as made by mullah's and politician's with agenda has been pushed down people's throats. Now we have every second person in Pakistan believing that he and he alone knows what Allah wants. Furthermore he has obligation to shove, force or even kill others to his interpretation. However we know there are 101 interpretations of Islam. Result all the brands are fighting and killing each other. Bravo.

We have everybody trying to influence by using Islam. Junaid Jamshed got taste of this "legislating" by getting thumped which should help him to get influenced on the path to righteousness.

Me. I preferred Junaid when he went around with guitar and miming "Dil Dil ...." The only danger he faced then was getting lynched by his female admirers. I bet I know what he was thinking when he ran for his life in the airport "I should have stuck to "dil dil".

And in the extremis influence can be brought on by killing people so that righteousness can prevail.

Link > http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...leeing-wife-wrapped-cotton-d-burn-faster.html

Last edited:
Well ever since the Objective resolution religion as made by mullah's and politician's with agenda has been pushed down people's throats. Now we have every second person in Pakistan believing that he and he alone knows what Allah wants. Furthermore he has obligation to shove, force or even kill others to his interpretation. However we know there are 101 interpretations of Islam. Result all the brands are fighting and killing each other. Bravo.

We have everybody trying to influence by using Islam. Junaid Jamshed got taste of this "legislating" by getting thumped which should help him to get influenced on the path to righteousness.

And in the extremis influence can be brought on by killing people so that righteousness can prevail.

Link > http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...leeing-wife-wrapped-cotton-d-burn-faster.html

Very well said.. but what do you propose as a solution? As I see it there are two options

- Become secular, divorce state from religion. or
- Better educate people, arrive at modern and civilized interpretation of religion which is not discriminatory but inclusive.

I dont see either happening..

Me. I preferred Junaid when he went around with guitar and miming "Dil Dil ...." The only danger he faced then was getting lynched by his female admirers. I bet I know what he was thinking when he ran for his life in the airport "I should have stuck to "dil dil".

As Marx once said; religion is like opium for the people. The more you take it the more you want it until eventually death takes you out from your misery

Very well said.. but what do you propose as a solution? As I see it there are two options

- Become secular, divorce state from religion. or
- Better educate people, arrive at modern and civilized interpretation of religion which is not discriminatory but inclusive.

I dont see either happening..

It will never happen. The elite needs brainwashed illiterate masses to rule with the pretext of religion.

As Marx once said; religion is like opium for the people. The more you take it the more you want it until eventually death takes you out from your misery

It will never happen. The elite needs brainwashed illiterate masses to rule with the pretext of religion.

It is only the elite which can do it. Jinnah for intent and purposes was an elite.. Poor have neither the time nor the energy to devote themselves to such causes.

It is only the elite which can do it. Jinnah for intent and purposes was an elite.. Poor have neither the time nor the energy to devote themselves to such causes.
We have a very corrupt elite. And they all use religion for their own political career. Listen to the speeches made by Imran Khan, Nawaz Sharif, Mustafa Kamal and others. They are full of religious undertones.

it would be interesting to see how many of the surveyed people were urban, how many were educated beyond their GED Vs how many of the people "not for" the question are educated/urban

what do you propose as a solution?
Well evil now stalks the land. Ever seen those "b" movies from Hollywood where some malevolent thing takes over the bodies of people in the town? Well that has happened to large part of Pakistan. The infection is malevolent and almost all are infected in varying degrees. The surveys expose that. You want to commit suicide in Pakistan? You don't need to get a gun or jump from a bridge. Just shout out your Ahmedi and you love Mirza and you will have your wish. In fact I read somewhere that if any person openly commits blasphemy then that person by very definition must by innocent by way of insanity. As you would have to be insane to do such a thing in public.

What is a solution. There is no solution for something that has been fermented slowly and sometimes not so slowly for well over five decades. No single leader. No dictator even military strongman could arrest this malevolent disease that is going as Islam. This is a disease. I spoke with my elderly dad and he tells me Pakistan was safer, more righteous, more law abiding, more temperate in 1950s then now yet being far less religious than now. So the effect of 50 years of Islamic laws, religious preaching is everybody wears religion on their sleaves with blind ritualism gone rampent. However underneath the festering ugliness stinks. Murder. Rape. Abuse. Crime has gone out of the roof.

Going to the question you posit well it's going to take another two generations before secularism either officially or in latency come to the fore. I think we have already passed the high water mark. However it's going to take decades now and I think the biggest external factor will be Chinese influence. I have had lot's of interaction with Chinese. Three things I oberved about them. They are entirely faithless. They are hyper athiest's. They hate religion and in particular Islam. Second they are driven by money. Third they live for this life and today. This is going to collide with Pakistani religiousity. More so as CPEC takes root and more Pakistani's start meeting real Chinese instead of hearing "higher than mountain love songs".

And @Norwegian You are 100%. The ruling class in Pakistan started to play with religion right from the begining to gain legitimacy. Along the way the mullah was used. now the mullah has turned into Frankenstein monster. Indeed religion is the opiate of the people. Pakistan is a fine example.

@Sliver You will be surprised. I have ran into post graduates from American or British universities and they have the most silly prescriptive religion in hand. The lower and middle class are the worse. They tend to be either first and or second generation from the rural farms. Old money and those of long term urban background are more secular.

So why isn't Zafrullah Khan being an Ahmedi not propaganda? How come he become Pakistans first foreign minister despite being anti Islamic Qadiani? Makes sense? Was Jinnah not aware of his religion when he asked him to serve in Pakistans first cabinet?
" So, to answer the question, what if Allama Iqbal remained Ahmadi and Zafarullah Khan did not? Zafarullah Khan would have been our Iqbal today and Iqbal our Zafarullah Khan"
@Norwegian read full blog link blow. And second his his ( Iqbal ) parents and elder brother remained Ahmadis. Iqbal did baie't in hand of founder of Jamat e Ahmadiyya and later he left,that's what to make good read in this blog. Interested.
http://blogs.tribune.com.pk/story/30242/what-if-allama-iqbal-had-remained-an-ahmadi/
@Pakistani Exile @Jaanbaz

" So, to answer the question, what if Allama Iqbal remained Ahmadi and Zafarullah Khan did not? Zafarullah Khan would have been our Iqbal today and Iqbal our Zafarullah Khan"
@Norwegian read full blog link blow. And second his his ( Iqbal ) parents and elder brother remained Ahmadis. Iqbal did baie't in hand of founder of Jamat e Ahmadiyya and later he left,that's what to make good read in this blog. Interested.
http://blogs.tribune.com.pk/story/30242/what-if-allama-iqbal-had-remained-an-ahmadi/
@Pakistani Exile @Jaanbaz
Tell that to @Horus who refuse to believe Allama Iqbal or his family had any relations with ahmadiyya

it would be interesting to see how many of the surveyed people were urban, how many were educated beyond their GED Vs how many of the people "not for" the question are educated/urban
Pakistani populace in general is extremely religious. They see God's divine hand when things are good and at once things go south then suddenly it's a conspiracy by Jews and Hindus. This is typical Pakistani mindset. No sense of responsibility. Just blame the non Muslims and you are done.

Mola means god. I have Shia friends and they believe Ali to be God's manifestation on earth
Mola doesn't mean GOD and Shia don't consider Hazrat Ali GOD. One sect Alvi considers Hazrat Ali GOD they are considered non Muslims by mainstream Shias

Mola doesn't mean GOD and Shia don't consider Hazrat Ali GOD. One sect Alvi considers Hazrat Ali GOD they are considered non Muslims by mainstream Shias
See there are many different sects within sects. Mainstream is just what most shias believe in. Again it doesn't make anyone right or wrong.

Tell that to @Horus who refuse to believe Allama Iqbal or his family had any relations with ahmadiyya

Pakistani populace in general is extremely religious. They see God's divine hand when things are good and at once things go south then suddenly it's a conspiracy by Jews and Hindus. This is typical Pakistani mindset. No sense of responsibility. Just blame the non Muslims and you are done.
Iqbal was never a Qadyani. Iqbal initially had good views about Qayani not because of their belives but because they were well organised and other things but once Iqbal got to know about Qadyanis real views he started talking against them. So get your facts right before saying anything @Musafir117

Iqbal was never a Qadyani. Iqbal initially had good views about Qayani not because of their belives but because they were well organised and other things but once Iqbal got to know about Qadyanis real views he started talking against them. So get your facts right before saying anything @Musafir117
He had relationship with Qadianis until he became Sufi by the end of his life. What to do now? Brand Sufism un Islamic?

Back
Top Bottom