What's new

Maiden engine relight test of Tejas held

BlueDot_in_Space

Reaction score
The Light Combat Aircraft Tejas successfully completed its maiden engine relight test on Friday -- a critical parameter the programme needs to achieve for the Initial Operational Clearance (IOC). Military sources confirmed to Express that the Limited Series Production (LSP-7) aircraft from the Tejas flight-line, piloted by Gp Capt R R Tyagi, underwent the engine relight test at 1 pm. The LSP-7 was chased by a Hawk aircraft.

“It is a great milestone for a single-engine fighter aircraft. The relight test is the second most critical event for a fighter jet programme, after its maiden flight. The pilot took the flight to a height of 30,000 ft before the relight test, which was performed over the skies of Kolar region,” a source said.

During Friday’s test, the pilot is said to have brought the throttle down to zero for a few seconds, so that the aircraft loses power. The pilot pulled the throttle again, confirming the relight process. Engine relight is done to check the aircraft’s performance in an emergency situation.

TEJAS+010.jpg

A senior airworthiness official said the project is now slowly, but steadily completing the IOC-2 parameters. “So far Tejas has logged over 2,330 flights clocking around 1,350 hours. It is high time we finish IOC-2 and get on with the FOC (Final Operational Clearance) formalities,” the official said.

Maiden engine relight test of Tejas held - The New Indian Express

CONGRATULATION!!!!!

This bird is evolving into a potent multirole fighter. In videos available since Aero India 2013, we see a batter and batter performance of the aircraft. Its flights have started impressing many like me. I hope Mk2 to be very impressive fighter. 400 to 500 KG lighter, 15 to 20 percent more power, refined aerodynamic, Short landing and take of, High angle of attack, weight carrying over 5.5 tons etc. etc.

Evolution of Tejas remind me the evolution of our Missile Program how Agni V evolved from Prithvi 1.

We have laid down a very strong foundation of aeronautics. I am sure that it will be a base of solid state of art fighters to come in coming days.

The Light Combat Aircraft Tejas successfully completed its maiden engine relight test on Friday -- a critical parameter the programme needs to achieve for the Initial Operational Clearance (IOC). Military sources confirmed to Express that the Limited Series Production (LSP-7) aircraft from the Tejas flight-line, piloted by Gp Capt R R Tyagi, underwent the engine relight test at 1 pm. The LSP-7 was chased by a Hawk aircraft.

“It is a great milestone for a single-engine fighter aircraft. The relight test is the second most critical event for a fighter jet programme, after its maiden flight. The pilot took the flight to a height of 30,000 ft before the relight test, which was performed over the skies of Kolar region,” a source said.

During Friday’s test, the pilot is said to have brought the throttle down to zero for a few seconds, so that the aircraft loses power. The pilot pulled the throttle again, confirming the relight process. Engine relight is done to check the aircraft’s performance in an emergency situation.

TEJAS+010.jpg

A senior airworthiness official said the project is now slowly, but steadily completing the IOC-2 parameters. “So far Tejas has logged over 2,330 flights clocking around 1,350 hours. It is high time we finish IOC-2 and get on with the FOC (Final Operational Clearance) formalities,” the official said.

Maiden engine relight test of Tejas held - The New Indian Express

When do we really see LCA to be operation and being inducted in IAF ?

I hope we will move on with LCA at faster pace with aim to induct by 2017 !

Are you sure that Serial Production Will start after IOC-2
Not after the FOC

It stands to reason that serial production should start after IOC-2. As we know, LSP-8 was supposed to be the configuration for the SP aircrafts. If there are no more modifications to be done, they might as well go ahead and start producing it, while IAF plays with the first few until they give it the FOC. If I understand correctly, IOC is when the aircraft is ready for production, and FOC is when the air force is ready to go to war with it - that is, when they have developed tactics and doctrines for it, and learnt to handle all aspects of it so that it can enter squadron service.

Is this engine relight test a mandated one for all single-engine planes? I think it is.

The serial production will start after IOC -2 iteself.. That is expected (IOC2) in next couple weeks
No I think 4 SP are already in production and likely to be handed over to IAF in first half of 2014.

Are you sure that Serial Production Will start after IOC-2
Not after the FOC

20 LCAs are order in IOC2 specification rest will be in FOC.

No I think 4 SP are already in production and likely to be handed over to IAF in first half of 2014.

20 LCAs are order in IOC2 specification rest will be in FOC.

Full IOC End 2013
Full FOC End 2015
Completion of Deliveries Tejas Mk-1 2020
Tejas Mk-2 First Flight 2017
Completion of Flight Test
Programme for Tejas Mk-2 2020
Entry into Service Tejas Mk-2 2024
Completion of Deliveries Tejas Mk-2 2030

Realistic Timelines for the Tejas Project

If that is true, here's to you:

Diwali+Recipes.JPG

Varuni ki koi avashyakta nahi

On Topic> I hope Tejas enters mass production and NAFB version of Kaveri is successful so it will serve as powerplant for AURA

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom