What's new

Made in Pakistan Vehicles

All of Suzuki's cars except the new Swift deserve this, much like all Toyota Corollas :-

I guess you are talking as an American NRP here my friend. Suzuki is the one company which I feel has contributed a lot to Indian and Pakistani people at a time when no other foreign manufacturer wanted to touch these markets with a bargepole. They never took our people for a ride with older generation over priced crap like some other manufacturers. In fact all their new launches come to us at the same time the rest of the world gets them, and at way more competitive prices. The Indian car industry grew up on Suzukis. Cheap, efficient, and reliable, with some models like the Esteem and the Baleno kicking *** and untouchable in terms of bang for buck, and still the most popular cars to soup up and race with here, alongside the old Honda City's (since you are a petrol head). Fantastic engines, lovely gearboxes. Cheap spares. Huge service network. The Zen is another absolute delight, and very popular on the drag circuit. Again, I am talking purely as an Indian living in India. If I was in the US, I too would like to own and drive a Mustang. But I would still be a zuki fan! And looking at those bikes, a 125 cc for close to a lakh rupees? That is highway robbery. Here we have premium 225 cc bikes costing less. P.S. I however do agree with Jeremy on the Corolla. LOL

Last edited:
I notice that many of the pics here are of Suzuki cars etc..

Pakistan should manufacture its own domestic car both for its own market and internationally. I think its time, plus our own market is large enough and we have the technical know-how as well as industry to kickstart it.

no wonder you guys believe everything the media tells u:lol::lol:

Same applies to you guys as well. Anyhow, it was Pak media not Indian who report it. No wonder you guys see more Indian media, movies, songs etc.. etc...one more thing one of the guest said in Mere mutabiq programme. If pakistan see and identify its own internal probelm and try to solve it it would be better than becoming thekedar of muslim world...don't belive me. See that full programme(mere Mutabik aired on 31-05-2010):smitten::smitten:

Same applies to you guys as well. Anyhow, it was Pak media not Indian who report it. No wonder you guys see more Indian media, movies, songs etc.. etc...one more thing one of the guest said in Mere mutabiq programme. If pakistan see and identify its own internal probelm and try to solve it it would be better than becoming thekedar of muslim world...don't belive me. See that full programme(mere Mutabik aired on 31-05-2010):smitten::smitten:

y would i believe someone who still thinks pakistan is a failed state, and its nuke's are under taliban.

plus cars is not a necessity its a luxury as if every one in india owns and drives a car.

Suzuki was a wonderful car manufacturer while producing good, quality, and affordable cars. but recently, the prices have gone up and the quality gone down.

I remember the FX that cost Rs. 50,000 at its time and was/is so reliable that it is still running on the roads in Islamabad and Pindi as cabs.
A friend of mine bought it for Rs. 50,000, used it for 15 years, learned driving on it(along with his cousins and brothers) , put it to its extreme and then sold it for Rs. 150,000

I also have had great experience with Suzuki Carry aka DABBA which was economical and could carry up to 13 people ( and their luggage) from Quetta to Sadikabad.

But currently, the prices are way too high and the reliability is so poor: A cousin of mine bought Suzuki Alto, took it out from showroom, went to gas station and he was amazed to see that the pipe that takes petrol to its tank was missing and all the petrol was dropping.

Lolz.
we started with Pakistani Vehicles and ended up with Indian cell phones.

need more funding in this sector and for that a sincere government is required not that zordari

A 125 cc bike for almost 1 lac? Thats bull-$hit.

There is a SEVERE lack of competition in the bike sector in Pakistan then.

You can get a Premium 200cc+ bike here like Pulsar or Karizma for less than that-I think INR 75,000.

Pakistani govt must do something to bring more competition in the bike industry in Pakistan.

You can get a Premium 200cc+ bike here like Pulsar or Karizma for less than that-I think INR 75,000.

Pakistani govt must do something to bring more competition in the bike industry in Pakistan.

No competition in the bike sector in Pakistan ? Dude, we have over 40 companies making bikes, ranging from international brands such as Suzuki/Yamaha to Chinese such as Qinqi and ZXMCO(Don't ask me to pronounce that for you) and finally some 30 odd Pakistani brands such as Metro, Pakhero, United, Master, etc.
The most selling bike are 70cc bikes because they give good mileage, like upto 70kmpl but 100cc and 125cc are also common. The average(branded) 70cc bike can be bought for about PKR.45,000 and local ones cost like PKR.35,000. 100 and 125CC bikes cost anywhere from PKR.40,000(Chinese/Local) to about PKR.70,000(International Brand).

And these bikes are built to last, this is what they routinely have to go through:
motorbike.jpg

Jee nahi

125 CC for 65 to 70 K PKR .. so now please convert it to INR ..

maira honda 125 sb say best, malaymishra123 wana sit on my honda?

Pakistani car industry is not mature.. with all the forign brands it would be difficult for Pakistani car manufacturers to compete. Not to mention alot of people going for second hand cars imported from japan

Pakistani car industry is not mature.. with all the forign brands it would be difficult for Pakistani car manufacturers to compete. Not to mention alot of people going for second hand cars imported from japan

Pakistani cars have serious quality and safety issues. Japanese cars are pretty good even 2nd hand.

Pakistani industry cannot mature until there is a transfer of technology. I remember reading somewhere that Suzuki was to Transfer technology in 5 years and now it has been decades and we are still getting every thing from outside.

Back
Top Bottom