What's new

Made in Pakistan Vehicles

Pakistani car industry is not mature.. with all the forign brands it would be difficult for Pakistani car manufacturers to compete. Not to mention alot of people going for second hand cars imported from japan

this is exactly why India protected its economy and ecouraged indigenous production. At first quality was bad, but now its better , but still not the best. if you look at Tata and mahindra they have produced some great cars that are doing very well in India competing against all foreign brands in their respective class. On my recent trip to India I saw that there were a lot of private taxi operator that ran 90% on indica diesel and petrol versions. Reason they give is that the car is used for about 3 years, costs about 3 lakhs (+/-) and runs reliably for 200,000 km and can be retired /junked after that. So it gives them oppurtunity to recover cost and make decent profit, but foreign makes are more expensive to buy and also to maintain.
But for indivudual owned vehicles I still think a maruti, hyundai or ford is better compared to tata.
I think Pak should also encourage small cars made in Pak and make it dificult for foreign cars in their own land. Also are Tata cars available in Pak?

such sightings in INDIA made RATAN TATA decide quickly on NANO...

BTW i have driven it...simply amazing (if you are not a speed freak)

Ratan Tata said he also saw Pakistan as a target market for the Nano, However the Mumbai attacks messed that plan up, recently Micromax has started a venture in Pakistan by the name of Qmobile which has seen quite a bit of success, let's see if Nano makes a show here, trade can help cover the trust deficit between our two countries.

Micromax Q3(Indian):

Qmobile Q3(Indian venture in Pakistan):

Ratan Tata said he also saw Pakistan as a target market for the Nano, However the Mumbai attacks messed that plan up, recently Micromax has started a venture in Pakistan by the name of Qmobile which has seen quite a bit of success, let's see if Nano makes a show here, trade can help cover the trust deficit between our two countries.
Are You Sure Micromax entered Pakistani Market?I think there is lesser chance though.
Their Site says nothing about Pakistan.though available in Nepal,Sri Lanka.
Micromax: Contact us
but the sites looks very similar in interface though :D
http://www.qmobile.com.pk/products.htm

Hi
What happened to that Chrysler assembly plant that was supposed to be set up in sheikhupura? it would be great if Pakistan could import cheap cars from China or India?

Hyundai Shehzore

I have driven this beauty and its a wonder vehicle. It carries 5+ tons and it is very very easy to drive.

Check out here CarPoint.pk by the way world known brands like Corrolla, Honda City and Civic are also being manufactured in Pakistan. Corrolla is produced only in about 15 countries in the world and Pakistan is one of them.

If an effin Camry that no one gives a crap about in most counteries costs about 60 lakhs in Pakistan.. what the hell can you expect from our Industry...

Hi
What happened to that Chrysler assembly plant that was supposed to be set up in sheikhupura? it would be great if Pakistan could import cheap cars from China or India?

under previous regime when domestic consumption (especially for luxury goods) was sky-rocketing, Mercedes-Benz was to inaugurate a manufacturing facility for E-Class, S-Class and C-class automobiles.

unfortunately, the plan was either scrapped or delayed due to law & order issues later down the line

alas...

it looks good but it is a little to expensive dont you think?????????

look at the engine size :tongue: but only 125cc ???

my initial guess was 180 or 200 cc, surprized when i saw it being onleee 125 :blink:

Back
Top Bottom