What's new

Made in India Vehicles

Indian Army Maruti-Suzuki Gypsy King Ambulance

1024px-Maruti_jeep.jpg

Almost a million* Gypsy Kings for the Troopers@$ 11,250 (Rs. Ind. 6 Lakhs, Rs. Pak. ~ 10-13 Lakhs))

Vs.

1 ... hehe ... Land Cruiser for the Boss@$ 342,472.39 (Rs. Pak. 402 Lakhs (Four hundred & two) !)

Gypsy had a 35 Yr. production run in India, a real workhorse.

As quoted by Autocar India
  • " There is nothing that can touch a Gypsy off the road, except perhaps an Arjun battle tank "

Last edited:
TATA Nexon-EV has launched. First impressions are highly positive and the price is right.

The Nexon facelift will look similar, putting an end to the quirky design. I've to say, I had a thing for the uggo Nexon although I generally prefer cleaner designs. Only thing I didn't like was the elastic underwear in the back and it will carry on.

TATA Altroz has scored 5-stars in Global NCAP, with a better score than the 5-star TATA Nexon. Waiting for Harrier & Gravitas to be tested.

EOUOySxW4AAj39f.jpeg

After TATA Nexon and TATA Altroz, Mahindra XUV300 gets 5-star in Global NCAP. XUV300 gets 4-star in child safety and is now the combined top scorer. Not surprising since it's more of a badge engineered (and modified) car. Hope Mahindra gets to work on their other models as well.

TATA Tigor/Tiago gets 4-star in Global NCAP. (3-star in child safety). This is in a way even more remarkable than the 5-star of Nexon and Altroz. But not surprising since the old TATA Zest did the same in adult safety, while the even older Zest got a zero.

TATA Tigor/Tiago gets 4-star in Global NCAP. (3-star in child safety). This is in a way even more remarkable than the 5-star of Nexon and Altroz. But not surprising since the old TATA Zest did the same in adult safety, while the even older Zest got a zero.

TaTa motors needs a complete makeover and good brand building. They should start with a new logo. Current logo is quite outdated

In other news, TATA officially launched the Tiago/Tigor facelifts, Nexon facelift, and the Altroz today.

20200122031404_Tata-Tiago.jpg

TaTa motors needs a complete makeover and good brand building. They should start with a new logo. Current logo is quite outdated
It's unlikely. I want them to bring back the big old T logo on some vehicles, and simply write TATA on some vehicles. The current logo did play a role in their success. But now it's time to look into heritage and ruggedness. Embrace your trucker past. It's not like Indians are ever gonna forget that anyway.

Last edited:
Mahindra has launched the new Thar. It's like an old Wrangler design wise, but with modern design touches. The grill is very polarizing (most hating it), but I like it.

What will all those who'd buy the Wrangler at a huge cost just to show off do, when you pull up in your Thar! Normal folk won't find a difference when the grill is swapped, which ruins the purpose of paying a crore or something after taxes.

Back
Top Bottom