What's new

Made in India Vehicles

Bajaj/KTM may buy Ducati. Currently owned by Volkswagen.

Are you sure? Because I thought VW was in talks with some Italians for sales of Ducati, if my memory serves me correct.

I hope Bajaj does not decide to manufacture any Ducati's in India, as Bajaj Indian manufactured smaller KTM's in India are of horrendous build quality, the quality control is literally non-existent. I bought one and learned my lesson of not buying anymore KTM's.

Are you sure? Because I thought VW was in talks with some Italians for sales of Ducati, if my memory serves me correct.

I hope Bajaj does not decide to manufacture any Ducati's in India, as Bajaj Indian manufactured smaller KTM's in India are of horrendous build quality, the quality control is literally non-existent. I bought one and learned my lesson of not buying anymore KTM's.
Just rumours. But VW wants to sell Ducati and Bajaj/KTM likes to buy or partner with brands. So it shouldn't be surprising.

It does seem a bit unlikely considering its limited prospect in India.

Bajaj Dominar 2019:
0_578_872_0_70_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_ExtraImages_20190305121628_2019-Bajaj-Dominar-400-3x.jpg

Just rumours. But VW wants to sell Ducati and Bajaj/KTM likes to buy or partner with brands. So it shouldn't be surprising.

It does seem a bit unlikely considering its limited prospect in India.

Bajaj Dominar 2019:
View attachment 544482

I doubt that Bajaj would be Buying Ducati with Indian market in my mind. India is a big market for sub 500cc bikes, Ducati doesnt have a huge market share in India.

This Bajaj Dominar looks a lot like 2014-2018 KTM Duke 200, actually it is Duke 200, they just redesigned the tank and few changes to rear including exhaust. It might be a hit in Indian market, but I fail to understand Bajaj's logic behind rebadge of this Duke. As far as I know baby Dukes were pretty popular in India.

This Bajaj Dominar looks a lot like 2014-2018 KTM Duke 200, actually it is Duke 200, they just redesigned the tank and few changes to rear including exhaust. It might be a hit in Indian market, but I fail to understand Bajaj's logic behind rebadge of this Duke. As far as I know baby Dukes were pretty popular in India.
Dominar does use a KTM derived engine, but it's 400cc. The bike's character and market are completely different from a Duke. It's a very comfortable tourer.

The 2018 Dominar although had very good reviews, didn't do as well as expected thanks to marketing, but has a good following in markets like Russia, Ukraine and Turkey. 2019 model might change that if Bajaj gets smarter.

Dominar does use a KTM derived engine, but it's 400cc. The bike's character and market are completely different from a Duke. It's a very comfortable tourer.

The 2018 Dominar although had very good reviews, didn't do as well as expected thanks to marketing, but has a good following in markets like Russia, Ukraine and Turkey. 2019 model might change that if Bajaj gets smarter.
I dont know why I quoted 200, lol

I did a bit of digging, it is carrying the Duke 390 power plant that is detuned (40bhp) to have more power in the mid rev range, unlike Dukes engine which is rev happy in lower and mid ranges. It does make sense as it more focused towards a touring market, but inherently Duke's LCI engine is very vibration prone and being a singly cylinder, I think they are able to dampen the vibration with rubber struts, which will eventually run out. Slipper clutch is also a nice addition.

On the design, I feel the front part of the bike including front shocks and up to engine and rear shock are from Duke where as the swing arm is actually the block rectangular shaped dated design. I also hope they have not used the same airbox as that in Duke as it is very prone to develop cracks because of stresses especially just above the throttle body. Pretty much all baby dukes suffered from it. Again I hope Bajaj had done a better job of QC this time around.

In my experience, I bought my 390 to ride around the city, as my other bikes are of higher CC's so I needed something small and fun to ride in the city. But it was fun even on the tracks as well, did some track days on it. However the biggest let down was the build quality as things keeps on breaking or at times falling apart. I hope Bajaj does not try to screw its buyers, again. I dont recommend KTM's at all.

Damn, Tata Motors is on a roll. Mahindra and Tata have been at it for sometime now but the results are showing now!

Alto 800, 2019:
2019-maruti-suzuki-alto-800-launched-in-india-696x439.jpg

(Note to Pakistani friends, this line has been the successor to M800/Mehran.)

Alto K10, 2019 (1000cc):
new-alto.jpg

Hero Xtreme 200S:

Hero-Xtreme-200S-Front-threequarter-155397.jpg

If you're nostalgic about Karizma, I guess.

Hero Xpulse 200:

2j6pki2s_hero-xpulse-200_625x300_30_April_19.jpg

Hero Xpulse 200T:

IMG_20190501_193557.jpg

Back
Top Bottom