What's new

Made in India’ F-16s on radar, thanks to FDI

or they buy the most advance version of the F-16 with the better missiles AIM-9X and AIM-120D to troll Pakistan.
Which they won't do, because they may be rich, but they're not that rich.

nah utter nonsense if anything its gonna be f-18 no f-16s

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/the-uaes-f-16-block-60-desert-falcon-fleet-04538/
the UAE bought 80 F-16 E/F for $6.4 billion way back in the early 2000's that's what $80 million a piece (not sure if that includes spares & maintenance)
6125856719_3ceff7c421_b.jpg

today a similar deal for the F-16V or even a more advance version...I bet would still come out to about $80 to $100 million each... around the same price or less than Rafale and Typhoon

It would interesting deal if 80 were to be made in the U.S for $6.5 billion to $8 billion and the rest made in India.

this would seriously embarrass Pakistan..

well we already have Python5 and I Derby ER which both are comparable to AIM9X and AIM120D and guess what USA itself wants us to have them without strings attached

as i said before that before production of F16 starts in india IAF will get some three full squads of surplus USAF F16 C/D refurbished and upgraded to latest level with latest version of GaN based AESA radar and combined EW-ECM suotes and internal IRST and all modrn stuff like CFT with F16s plus bright chances of getting F35 in future and TOT to manufacture C130XJ in india

well we already have Python5 and I Derby ER which both are comparable to AIM9X and AIM120D and guess what USA itself wants us to have them without strings attached

as i said before that before production of F16 starts in india IAF will get some three full squads of surplus USAF F16 C/D refurbished and upgraded to latest level with latest version of GaN based AESA radar and combined EW-ECM suotes and internal IRST and all modrn stuff like CFT with F16s plus bright chances of getting F35 in future and TOT to manufacture C130XJ in india

I sincerely hope that this is media news only, making a fighter rejected in MRCA is nothing short of foolishness that too after 16 yrs mrca toiling hard. americans are not going to make latest high tech jet in India easily but then why this at its end of life fighter which all the major air forces of world are retiring unlike india which is trying to modernize it by some tweeks of additional features

I sincerely hope that this is media news only, making a fighter rejected in MRCA is nothing short of foolishness that too after 16 yrs mrca toiling hard. americans are not going to make latest high tech jet in India easily but then why this at its end of life fighter which all the major air forces of world are retiring unlike india which is trying to modernize it by some tweeks of additional features
see brother there are two things we gonna need as we know china will bully and try to hurt us as much as possible and for that we need a very strong economy latest weapons and a very potent armed forces and for that we need US and its allies support

now we have huge numbers of Mig21&27 going to be retired in short time of say 5-10 years and we need to replace them with LCA but will fall short of numbers hence we need a kind of big bro to LCA and F16V fits in that slot to "T" plus with IAF having latest version of aef sollah there is lot of political milage and latest leathel weapons tech which we sure are trying to develop but still no where close to get the level where USA is right now so why not get a;long with them and enjoy and share perks of this union

as fro rejection under MRCA contract well you can take F16V as a light MRCA which makes more sense than either grippen or super hornet as F16 in its latest avatar with full weapon load(7.5 tonne) and fuel both internal & CFT has a conbat radius of 550Km which is more than sufficient for owr western theater

What will PAF do of its 70 F16?, Pakistan should review on the tie with USA in future. Pakistan should strong its relation with the Great China and use its defense production. There is a great propaganda of western technology in the world which is wrong. Chinese and Russian technology are better than western.

see brother there are two things we gonna need as we know china will bully and try to hurt us as much as possible and for that we need a very strong economy latest weapons and a very potent armed forces and for that we need US and its allies support

now we have huge numbers of Mig21&27 going to be retired in short time of say 5-10 years and we need to replace them with LCA but will fall short of numbers hence we need a kind of big bro to LCA and F16V fits in that slot to "T" plus with IAF having latest version of aef sollah there is lot of political milage and latest leathel weapons tech which we sure are trying to develop but still no where close to get the level where USA is right now so why not get a;long with them and enjoy and share perks of this union

as fro rejection under MRCA contract well you can take F16V as a light MRCA which makes more sense than either grippen or super hornet as F16 in its latest avatar with full weapon load(7.5 tonne) and fuel both internal & CFT has a conbat radius of 550Km which is more than sufficient for owr western theater

i understand bro the need to induct large number of ligh fighters to make up for MIG21/27 but still this idea of f solah i am unable to digest. lets hope there is more concrete behind this deal

not sure if either of F16 or F18s would be a viable platform looking ahead at the next 50 years.
Both started out in the 70s when it was YF16 vs YF17.

The bulk replacement should be Tejas and its future versions.LM or Boeing can setup shops for other products in india such as the apaches or even a UAV lineup in the future- not these two t

What will PAF do of its 70 F16?, Pakistan should review on the tie with USA in future. Pakistan should strong its relation with the Great China and use its defense production. There is a great propaganda of western technology in the world which is wrong. Chinese and Russian technology are better than western.

Yet you inducted so many fighers from west.
Btw, its funny how all of a sudden russian technology got better than west.
Anywyas, which russian fighters jets you are inducting that you are chearleading for it ?

i understand bro the need to induct large number of ligh fighters to make up for MIG21/27 but still this idea of f solah i am unable to digest. lets hope there is more concrete behind this deal
yes its very confusing but something big is happening behind the scene which we can only speculate now but the main point is its a trade with USA we need to make them and keep them in there new innings with india and only way to do that is to let them make money from there biggest money maker = defence indsutries

and we had lost a golden chance in early 2000 when we dint take the french offer had we taken then we would have been using MK2 version of LCA in IAF now so i guess its better be late than never :coffee:

Yet you inducted so many fighers from west.
Btw, its funny how all of a sudden russian technology got better than west.
Anywyas, which russian fighters jets you are inducting that you are chearleading for it ?
Russia did not sell its products to Pakistan in the love of India, I hope Russia will review on its policies for Pakistan.China is already our great friend, We often use Russian products in the Chinese versions as F7pg F6 F7p etc.

Russia did not sell its products to Pakistan in the love of India, I hope Russia will review on its policies for Pakistan.China is already our great friend, We often use Russian products in the Chinese versions as F7pg F6 F7p etc.
Russian and Indian Love is still ON... Coz Submarine, FGFA, Helicopter ,NUK Power plant ETC deal is on table....So No Russian tec to you..... Even you are not going to get spare part for your F-Sollah...So In short ...YOUR total TAIYARA is TAIYAR to get into Dust Bin (Scap yard)..... Now you are left with only one option that is called CHINA MAAL....

Russia will sell its products to any one with money to buy them so will USA or any XYZ nation as for that matter point is do you have money to buy and then mantain russian hardware :azn:

China is helping your nation due to the fact that it cant have full hegemony like it wants if there is a strong india its got nothing to do with love actually but then your only optioon left now is china of which results im sure will start trickilng in couple of years till then have a great time till its there .

Russian and Indian Love is still ON... Coz Submarine, FGFA, Helicopter , ETC deal is on table....So No Russian tec to you..... Even you are not going to get spare part for your F-Sollah...So In short ...YOUR total TAIYARA is TAIYAR to get into Dust Bin (Scap yard)..... Now you are left with only one option that is called CHINA MAAL....
Russian technology is for ( DOLLAR) only not for the love of India ,the age of USSR has gone to the hell in 1995, India is searching for another umbrella.

Back
Top Bottom