What's new

Made in Bangladesh and made by Bangladeshi

Pran is into food products I guess? Pran is now available in Kolkata also; I sometimes drink the Litchi Drink (Litchu). :)

Pran is a lot more then just food products,its a brand and part of the Pran-RFLP group who apart from being one of the largest Argo food processing companies in Bangladesh, also are into cast iron, plastics, lifts, elevators, power generators and property etc.

What differentiates them from others is its efforts in brand building and export emphases instead of just contending itself with the local market. There are many such multi-billion $ revenue groups in Bangladesh, but most have not built really successful recognisable brands.

The few that have include, Walton, Beximco, Pran, Grameen, etc. It's these companies and their brands that I am interested in.

Oh, and Pran not only exports to India, it actually either is in the process of or already has production facilities in India.

Nice thread, would love to build a website showcasing Bangladeshi major brands / super brands. I know a few like....

Walton
Pran
Square
Beximco

Maybe if other fellow Bangladeshi's here could suggest some others I, might actually do it. I think we should be proud of being Bangladeshi's and dispel those old negative stereotype people that have never been to Bangladesh have.

Only on pharmaceuticals there are currently many we can mention here-

1. Square
2. Incepta
3. Beximco
4. Renata
5. Drug International
6. Opsonin (Bangladeshi?)
7. Acme
and so on...can't remember more now.

Shoe brands-

1. Apex
2. Jenny's

BD-08 Assault rifles and Arunima Bolyan trucks, are these totally indigenous, in collaboration with a foreign partner, or license built?

BD-08 Assault rifles and Arunima Bolyan trucks, are these totally indigenous, in collaboration with a foreign partner, or license built?

BD08 license built(no need for indigenous rifle design due to limited requirement and no future plan to join arms trade)....Arunima Bolyan is indigenous(Isuzu helped a bit)!BTW Bangladesh also made G3s but stopped the program as it had some problems in humid and wet weather!

BD08 license built(no need for indigenous rifle design due to limited requirement and no future plan to join arms trade)....Arunima Bolyan is indigenous(Isuzu helped a bit)!BTW Bangladesh also made G3s but stopped the program as it had some problems in humid and wet weather!

What's G3s?

What's G3s?

gallery_1_250_88338.jpg

DCB_Shooting_G3_pictures.jpg

gallery_1_250_97353.jpg

Lets have all the made in Bangladesh products in this thread. :coffee:

jAjgp.jpg

5C6tk.jpg

uqytp.jpg

5yHK3.jpg

My thanks to dopekhor.
i hav few armani exchange t-shirts.......but today only after opening this thread i realied that on my t-shirts also its written made in bangladesh!......hav to admit they are one of my favs...comfortable:)
just query is it a BD brand or production in BD?

i hav few armani exchange t-shirts.......but today only after opening this thread i realied that on my t-shirts also its written made in bangladesh!......hav to admit they are one of my favs...comfortable:)

tu armani pehenta hai?? :woot:

It's a Italian brand by the designer Georgio Armani, they produce a large part of their range in Bangladesh like the majority of the worlds retail brands nowadays. What China is to the consumer electronic industry,we are to the clothes industry. We export almost $20b in garments alone, but there is very little value added element to it, we actually make less then 5% of the retail value of the product sold.

The Chinese have started to evolve their electronic industry, they are not only making the products for others, they are moving up the value chain, designing developing and marketing their own brand products now.

We in Bangladesh need to do the same, we have to build our own brands, design our own ranges and actively market them, that's the next real evolution of our garment industry. When that happens then you'll see our exports in this sector almost double.

It's a Italian brand by the designer Georgio Armani, they produce a large part of their range in Bangladesh like the majority of the worlds retail brands nowadays. What China is to the consumer electronic industry,we are to the clothes industry. We export almost $20b in garments alone, but there is very little value added element to it, we actually make less then 5% of the retail value of the product sold.

The Chinese have started to evolve their electronic industry, they are not only making the products for others, they are moving up the value chain, designing developing and marketing their own brand products now.

We in Bangladesh need to do the same, we have to build our own brands, design our own ranges and actively market them, that's the next real evolution of our garment industry. When that happens then you'll see our exports in this sector almost double.
best of luck! :) i wil wait to see BD as worlds top clothing exporter :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom