What's new

"Lost in Hong Kong" Hits Big Screens in China: 33 million US dollars for the opening day

Yes.

Now only 1st tier and some of the 2nd tier cities have enough cinemas. In my city, there are 65 cinemas by the end of 2014. There will be over 30 cinemas open in the next 2-3 years in Wuhan. But in 3/4/5 tier cities and counties, the number is still small, the potential is huge.

For this Mid-Autumn/National Day season, there are a lot of good domestic movies in cinema, like Lost in HK and The Nine-Story Demon Tower,both will be at least 1-1.5 billion yuan movies. I have bought today's ticket for Nine-Story Demon Tower(3D), Bank of China Sunday special only 10yuan:p:. This movie is adapted from the first 4 books of best-selling tomb adventure novel series, Ghost Blows Out the Light. The fan base of this novel is huge, online views of chapters are several billion.

I would like to watch movies in youtube if they provide, membership fee is OK.
I have no interest to watch movie on TV.
A lot of overseas Chinese use VPN to get access to China's video websites which have copyright of hollywood movies and soapies only in mainland.

Well youtube is a bad choice since they don't allow full copyrighted movies.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-streaming-video-services,review-2625.html

Share your point to the movie please. I will decide whether watch it.
Entering!
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1443334218.886262.jpg

Share your point to the movie please. I will decide whether watch it.
Excellent movie, defiantly the best movie I have ever watched in cinema. If I have to choose between lost in HK and this tomb adventure movie, definitely this one! Excellent story telling and 3D effect, with1970-1980s nostalgia! Today there are only some trial shows, merely 3-5 plays in the afternoon in one cinema.

I will definitely take my parents to watch in when we visit my relatives in Changsha this national day. Do u have have any recommended cinema in Changsha?

Gosh! I wanna travel to Kunlun Mountains now. Kind of weird too see skyscraper and bullet train when I walked out of the shopping mall.
Surreal!
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1443344849.443057.jpg

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1443344878.139772.jpg

Watch Ghost Blows Out: The Nine-Story Demon Tower 九层妖塔!
@Yizhi @Shotgunner51 @TaiShang @Stranagor @cirr @Keel @Jlaw @Place Of Space @FairAndUnbiased @zeronet @Raphael @sweetgrape @Edison Chen @Chinese Bamboo @Chinese-Dragon@cnleio @+4vsgorillas-Apebane @onebyone @yusheng @Kyle Sun @dy1022 @Beast @YoucanYouup @terranMarine @ahojunk @Economic superpower @Beidou2020 @cirr @JSCh @jkroo @Pangu @ChineseTiger1986 @powastick @onebyone @kankan326 @badguy2000 @TianyaTaiwan @ahtan_china @ChineseTiger1986 @powastick @empirefighter @hexagonsnow @xuxu1457 @sword1947 @tranquilium @55100864 @Sommer @HongWu002 @Speeder 2 @Dungeness @utp45 @StarCraft_ZT2 @Martian2 @Jguo @Arryn @rott @TheTruth @Dungeness @Abotani @Nan Yang @kuge @70U63@Hu Songshan @21stCentury @XiaoYaoZi backups @dy1022 et al

Last edited:
Excellent movie, defiantly the best movie I have ever watched in cinema. If I have to choose between lost in HK and this tomb adventure movie, definitely this one! Excellent story telling and 3D effect, with1970-1980s nostalgia! Today there are only some trial shows, merely 3-5 plays in the afternoon in one cinema.

I will definitely take my parents to watch in when we visit my relatives in Changsha this national day. Do u have have any recommended cinema in Changsha?

Gosh! I wanna travel to Kunlun Mountains now. Kind of weird too see skyscraper and bullet train when I walked out of the shopping mall.
Surreal!
View attachment 260652
View attachment 260653

Watch Ghost Blows Out: The Nine-Story Demon Tower 九层妖塔!
@Yizhi @Shotgunner51 @TaiShang @Stranagor @cirr @Keel @Jlaw @Place Of Space @FairAndUnbiased @zeronet @Raphael @sweetgrape @Edison Chen @Chinese Bamboo @Chinese-Dragon@cnleio @+4vsgorillas-Apebane @onebyone @yusheng @Kyle Sun @dy1022 @Beast @YoucanYouup @terranMarine @ahojunk @Economic superpower @Beidou2020 @cirr @JSCh @jkroo @Pangu @ChineseTiger1986 @powastick @onebyone @kankan326 @badguy2000 @TianyaTaiwan @ahtan_china @ChineseTiger1986 @powastick @empirefighter @hexagonsnow @xuxu1457 @sword1947 @tranquilium @55100864 @Sommer @HongWu002 @Speeder 2 @Dungeness @utp45 @StarCraft_ZT2 @Martian2 @Jguo @Arryn @rott @TheTruth @Dungeness @Abotani @Nan Yang @kuge @70U63@Hu Songshan @21stCentury @XiaoYaoZi backups @dy1022 et al

That will be good. Train does not blur in the picture for speed is not very high in downtown

I have no idea for the best cinema in Changsha, too many there. Usually I watch movie in shopping mall with my wife. For example, Letian Aote Cineplex in southern Changsha where is near my home town.

It's not the very time to travel, just too crowded.

That will be good. Train does not blur in the picture for speed is not very high in downtown

I have no idea for the best cinema in Changsha, too many there. Usually I watch movie in shopping mall with my wife. For example, Letian Aote Cineplex in southern Changsha where is near my home town.

It's not the very time to travel, just too crowded.
Then I may choose any of those Wanda cinemas then have some authentic local food in the shopping mall.
We just visit relatives in Changsha.
Only 1.5 hour by bullet train, so it'll be fine, I have get used to the crowd in those airport-like High-speed railway station.
That's China.

Then I may choose any of those Wanda cinemas then have some authentic local food in the shopping mall.
We just visit relatives in Changsha.
Only 1.5 hour by bullet train, so it'll be fine, I have get used to the crowd in those airport-like High-speed railway station.
That's China.
Wanda square will also be a most crowded area but cinema is good. Try to book ticket online.

Last edited:
I would just keep an eye on this page over the next week or two as they usually link all the movie critics reviews.

Lost in Hong Kong (2015) - Rotten Tomatoes

Rotten Tomatoes, ya, famous website for movie comments. Actually, I don't worry about how many people criticize this movie for there are enough people here criticize the movie . I am just a little worried for wether you people can understand the story or those Chinese elements embeded in.

It doesn't matter. I just like this movie. Movie is created for watch and comment, any comments can be accepted.

Thanks.

China Box Office: ‘Loser’ Beats ‘Lost In Hong Kong’ | Variety

Comedy, “Goodbye Mr. Loser” powered to the top of the Chinese box office in its second week of release.

The film scored $99.8 million in the week to Sunday (Oct. 11). That helped it leap from third place and overtake the “Lost in Hong Kong” juggernaut, which is slowing sharply. In its opening five days “Loser” scored $40.5 million. Its cumulative score after 12 days is $142 million, according to data from Ent Group.

“Lost” slipped 64% in its third week, recording $35 million in the week to Sunday, compared with $102 million the previous frame. After 17 days it stands on a huge $245 million, putting it on course to be the fourth biggest film of all time in China, behind “Transformers 4.”

“Chronicles of the Ghostly Tribe” slipped from second to third place in its second week, recording $30.5 million, down from $66.4 million. It has a 12 days cumulative total of $100 million.

Disney animation, “Inside Out” was the only significant new release of the post-holiday week in which Saturday was considered a working day, compensating for the days off in the previous week. “Inside Out” was given a Tuesday (Oct. 6) and it grossed only a modest $12.3 million in the six days to Sunday.

Chinese-made thriller “Saving Mr Wu” took $11.8 million, a strong hold, only 9% down, to extend its total to $26.8 million after 12 days.

Beyond the top five, all other titles were in significantly lower league.

Holdover, “Minions” earned $2.63 million. That compared to $6.24 million the previous week and pushed its cumulative to $68.5 million after 29 days [> $1.15B worldwide]. “Balala The Fairies – Princess Camellia” grossed $2.22 million for an 11 day total of $5.37 million. Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation” added $1.01 million, extending its 34 day cumulative to $137 million [>$675M worldwide]. “The Third Way of Love” took $580,000 for a cumulative of $11.3 million after 17 days. And, fantasy “The Mirror” added $190,000 for a 17 day score of $1.54 million.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom