What's new

Looting South to feed the North

Well this will get worse with every passing year since South India's population will grow at much slower pace than the North and I guess situation is already worse in 2018 so next census will make it unbearable for burden for the south to foot the bill for the union. Really sad.

Well this will get worse with every passing year since South India's population will grow at much slower pace than the North and I guess situation is already worse in 2018 so next census will make it unbearable for burden for the south to foot the bill for the union. Really sad.

The answer is to revert to the First Differential.

As much as I love my country, I do admit the population in UP and neighboring states breed like insects with no civic sense and respect for others and with the influx of B'deshis, it's getting even worse. Southern states should pressurize GoI to receive the paltry based on the tax they contribute which is the only was to lead development in any particular state and North politicians should take up developmental politics rather than Caste/Community based politics

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/how-...vernment-of-india.550222/page-2#post-10357008

People should read what @AUSTERLITZ has said in other thread, and understand the geo-economics of north and south

What a joker..what do you mean by 'north india'?Jharkhand and chattisgrah are not north india?North would not be landlocked with ports of gujarat and maharashtra and bengal/orissa on both sides.
Maharshtra is not south india,its western india - a meeting point .Generally karnataka,andhra,tamilnadu and kerala are considered 'south india'.And no maratha empire was never bigger than the british raj,i don't even know when maratha empire came into the discussion.

Agricultural deficit is not due to government diversion but because south india lacks enough water,unlike the ganges basin and is thus excessively dependant on rainfall.A project is being proposed to connect all major north and south indian rivers to bring excess water from north to south if necessary.Bulk of agricultural produce is still coming from punjab,UP, and WB.Without that people would starve.You conviniently ignored all points regarding access to market in north india for products with zero tariffs or restrictions,the development of IT sector through all india effort in the south,large number of southern scientists and leaders in our top institutions,presence of strategic facilities in the 'ignored' south.
The fact that you say that you will be friendly with china and pakistan shows how immature you are ,i suppose you could exist as a client state for them,but these small states on their own are irrelevant and weak and at the mercy of bigger ones.Russia went in and took crimea at will,what did vaunted UN do?Zilch.Nothing.Because ukraine was a small power which was inconsequential on the global stage.
Your hate has become so poisonous that you would ally with pakistan which despises your religion and culture to against your own country.You are either a false flag or a traitor.Thankfully you are irrelevant as you are a microscopic minority and nobody cares.

BJP and Tamil parties may be playing this dirty game of politics and language for their own benefit,but keep the country itself out of it.Any attempts at destroying the unity of the country whether it be khalistan project, maoist naxalites, north east militant groups,or politically motivated dravida groups has been and will always be defeated by the people of this country -North,south,east and west.

If the state government spends more in the lesser developed areas of the state, do people of the state have a problem?

If the state government spends more in the lesser developed areas of the state, do people of the state have a problem?

Yes, if they do so for 30 years with no effect. And if government would still cut the funds from developed areas to give even more to the same areas. Afterall, our government is not robinhood.

i think problem is not to invest in less developed states, but problem is that why these states are still not that much developed compare to southern states. they got free at same day, they got money equally at the start but now there is a very large difference between them.... and the reason for not catching up with south is Corruption and cast system in the north.

now it seems that South has to pay for the baboos in the north to fill up their vaults..

Western states - Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa are more exploited. But their states govt aren't complaining since Bhaiyya, Brahmin and Bania Janata Party is ruling over there.

How is it fair that Maharashtra's 10000 farmers kill themselves every year, but Central government announces farm loan waivers for Uttar Pradesh using Maharashtra's revenue.When Uttar Pradesh does not even have an agrian crisis.

Waiting for patriotic Indians to defend the un defendable.

Indian union has a reverse carrot and stick policy. Stick for those who perform well and carrot for those who perform terribly.

Please elaborate, what's first differential?

:D

Truthfully? It's just a catchy way of reminding ourselves to use rates of change rather than absolute numbers alone. A mathematician reading this would be grabbing at his chest by now, and pleading extreme discomfort; he and his tribe have a different, specific interpretation of that phrase, and we shan't go into the details just here.

Currently, the distribution of revenue takes place based on, among other factors, the population. I am proposing an additional distribution, based on performance on various parameters, for instance, the rate of increase of population, or, to put a finer point to it, the rate of decrease of the basic birthrate. Likewise for each of the factors presently considered. That is not to say that the absolute numbers should not be used; the idea is that they should be used for part of the distribution of resources, not as the whole calculation.

That would be at the fundamental level. At more superficial levels, access to improved technology would be offered first to well-performing locations or geographical areas or states; the slick, new trains that we have been drooling over would be started first in the best performing sectors. For instance, one serving the whole of Kerala, in tandem, one bogey running north to south, the other (simultaneously) south to north. Another (all these examples in tandem, one running up, the other running down, and, it is to be hoped, not on the same pair of tracks!!!) replacing the old Nilgiri Express, the old Rock Fort Express, the old Kovai Express, and so on; effectively linking Chennai to Coimbatore, to Trichy and to Madurai respectively. There are obvious additions possible over and above the traditional ones but this will serve to illustrate the point. Again, new airports would be given priority in the growth and development areas; we need to incentivise our performing states, without depriving the needy ones of the much-needed funds for basic growth.

We really need reform desperately urgently.

:D

Truthfully? It's just a catchy way of reminding ourselves to use rates of change rather than absolute numbers alone. A mathematician reading this would be grabbing at his chest by now, and pleading extreme discomfort; he and his tribe have a different, specific interpretation of that phrase, and we shan't go into the details just here.

Currently, the distribution of revenue takes place based on, among other factors, the population. I am proposing an additional distribution, based on performance on various parameters, for instance, the rate of increase of population, or, to put a finer point to it, the rate of decrease of the basic birthrate. Likewise for each of the factors presently considered. That is not to say that the absolute numbers should not be used; the idea is that they should be used for part of the distribution of resources, not as the whole calculation.

That would be at the fundamental level. At more superficial levels, access to improved technology would be offered first to well-performing locations or geographical areas or states; the slick, new trains that we have been drooling over would be started first in the best performing sectors. For instance, one serving the whole of Kerala, in tandem, one bogey running north to south, the other (simultaneously) south to north. Another (all these examples in tandem, one running up, the other running down, and, it is to be hoped, not on the same pair of tracks!!!) replacing the old Nilgiri Express, the old Rock Fort Express, the old Kovai Express, and so on; effectively linking Chennai to Coimbatore, to Trichy and to Madurai respectively. There are obvious additions possible over and above the traditional ones but this will serve to illustrate the point. Again, new airports would be given priority in the growth and development areas; we need to incentivise our performing states, without depriving the needy ones of the much-needed funds for basic growth.

We really need reform desperately urgently.

Indian government penalizes states with high population growth rates - they do not adjust thew number of parliament seats. They need to tie up Central assistance to population growth rate. It is easiest way to get the political classes attention

As much as I love my country, I do admit the population in UP and neighboring states breed like insects with no civic sense and respect for others and with the influx of B'deshis, it's getting even worse. Southern states should pressurize GoI to receive the paltry based on the tax they contribute which is the only was to lead development in any particular state and North politicians should take up developmental politics rather than Caste/Community based politics

The BJP ought to focus on UP/Bihar and illegal Bangladeshis

The BJP ought to focus on UP/Bihar and illegal Bangladeshis

Back
Top Bottom