What's new

Lithuania braces for China-led corporate boycott

We'll see. Sanctions on Iran resulted in severe harm to the Iranian economy. Meanwhile 20% of Lithuania doesn't even make 6000 EUR per year.

Check my response to Beast above. I don't find much evidence in supporting the possibility of China's sanction on Lithuania causing "severe harm" to its economy.

By the way, I know that both Beast and you, deep down, sincerely hope that such a "severe harm" would happen to Lithuania and by its extension, bring them to their knees. With such a fervent hope, you would gladly ignore the reality on the ground.

Check my response to Beast above. I don't find much evidence in supporting the possibility of China's sanction on Lithuania causing "severe harm" to its economy.

By the way, I know that both Beast and you, deep down, sincerely hope that such a "severe harm" would happen to Lithuania and by its extension, bring them to their knees. With such a fervent hope, you would gladly ignore the reality on the ground.

Secondary sanctions have nothing to do with direct trade. For instance EU companies now have to decide between the Lithuanian and Chinese markets. Even sanctions evasion adds to the cost of Lithuania doing business.

6000 euros per year is very little. How many more will be thrown back into poverty? Meanwhile China will barely feel loss of business with Lithuania.

ok so Lithuania will not get Chinese toys this xmas no big deal buy local

Lithuanians are supposedly dour, surly and don't understand humor or even chit-chat. I've also heard Lithuanians described as reserved, colder than even other baltic people, way too rational, and introverted. They don't like non-white immigrants to their micro mini country either (even tourists).

This is what I get as a gross generalization - but I could have been given misinformation.

I understand that John Candy, Eugene Levy and SCTV made fun of Lithuanians in the mid 1980's - poking fun at their staid back-dated attitude. :-)

The Schmenge brothers...doing the Poolkaah !!

iu

More on point, someone needs to coach their foreign minister on political etiquette and detente.
ok so Lithuania will not get Chinese toys this xmas no big deal buy local

Lot of very surly Lithuanian kids with no toys or those stupid toys made with blocks of Lithuanian pine wood. :lol:

Kinda expensive....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom