What's new

Life-size sculpture of Ranjit Singh to be unveiled at Lahore Fort

Life-size sculpture of Ranjit Singh to be unveiled at Lahore Fort
By Asif Mehmood
Published: June 26, 2019
TWEET EMAIL
2000513-eeefecfdcc-1561541118-349-640x480.jpg

PHOTO: EXPRESS

LAHORE: A life-size sculpture of Maharaja Ranjit Singh will be unveiled on Thursday outside the Sikh Gallery at Lahore Fort on the eve of his 180th death anniversary.

The life-size statue of the Sikh Punjabi ruler is a first of its kind in Indo-Pak and routine maintenance will be carried out.

“The sculpture is beautiful and very realistic with all characteristics of Maharaja Ranjit Singh,” the creator of sculpture told Express News.

In the sculpture, Singh is sitting on his favorite Arabic horse named Kahar Bahar which was a gift by Dost Muhammad Khan. The horse was very intelligent and was Singh’s favourite horse.

The sculpture was made under the supervision of Faqir Khana Museum Director Faqir Saifuddin. “This sculpture is a tribute and homage to the son of the soil,” he said.

Lahore finally completes the renovation of Sikh heritage sites

“The sculpture is finished in fiber cold bronze material and matchless in its making when compared to other statues of Maharaja Ranjit Singh in this region.”, he added. The sculpture was completed in eight months.

eb6c3c22-a6dc-4309-b7f5-181df0a4ea2f-1561541683.jpg

Sikh Heritage Foundation UK Director Boby Singh Bansal, who commissioned the sculpture called it “history in making”, adding that they are “are extremely happy to be a part of this historic moment”.

Saifuddin called the unveiling of “a proud moment” for him. He added that it was personally important because three members of his family were emissaries to Maharaja Ranjit Singh.

“Lahore has had rich cultural and religious diversity for centuries and Ranjit Singh was one important part of it,” he added.

Around 465 Indian Sikh pilgrims are expected to come to Lahore at Gurudawara Dera Sahib, the Samadhi of Maharaja Ranjit Singh where he was cremated, to attend the 180th death anniversary on June 29.

Fakir Khana Museum has also launched 180 limited edition bust sculptures of Maharajah Ranjit Singh for art connoisseurs and those interested in the history of Punjab.

ranjit-singh-1561539075.jpeg

Us Pakistanis are a retarded bunch. We are creating a monument to the ancestor of the people who murdered 1 million innocent Pakistanis in August 1947.........:disagree:........The Pakistanis who are doing this are the same ones who cry for the Palestinians not being allowed to work in Israel but are indifferent to the suffering and slaughter of our own people......:disagree:

Might as well build hari singh statue while you are at it

We might as well not be Muslims........:disagree:......we might as well build a monument to hari Krishna........:disagree:

Us Pakistanis are a retarded bunch. We are creating a monument to the ancestor of the people who murdered 1 million innocent Pakistanis in August 1947.........:disagree:........The Pakistanis who are doing this are the same ones who cry for the Palestinians not being allowed to work in Israel but are indifferent to the suffering and slaughter of our own people......:disagree:

Sikhs killed Muslims, Muslims killed Sikhs ... The genocide was mutual.. But that was 70 years ago ... 10 million died in WW2 in Europe around the same time ... They have forgotten it and moved on .. They are developed countries now. We should do the same ...

But then you have a problem with Punjabis enacting statues of their heroes whom you consider villain?.

He butchered plenty of Muslim Punjabis, and some of them even fought for Ahmad Shah Durrani. You just gloss over that aspect because it doesn't suit you.

Sikhs killed Muslims, Muslims killed Sikhs ... The genocide was mutual.. But that was 70 years ago ... 10 million died in WW2 in Europe around the same time ... They have forgotten it and moved on .. They are developed countries now. We should do the same ...

But you wouldn't see British people erect a statue for Adolf Hitler in London, would you?

He butchered plenty of Muslim Punjabis, and some of them even fought for Ahmad Shah Durrani. You just gloss over that aspect because it doesn't suit you.

Ahmed Shah Durrani killed more Muslims than Ranjit Singh.
He fought many wars against other Muslims.
But you just gloss over that aspect because it doesn't suit you.

But you wouldn't see British people erect a statue for Adolf Hitler in London, would you?

Faulty comparison. Ranjit Singh was not responsible for the 1947 genocide

So we should forget the 1 million innocent Pakistanis killed by the Sikhs and cry over Palestinians because they can't get a job in Israel? You are aware that it is in the sikh religion to have an extreme hatred towards Muslims and strive for their annihilation. Particularly if they are Pakistanis. sikhs and sikhism is the biggest enemy of the Pakistani race and nation.

So we should forget the 1 million innocent Pakistanis killed by the Sikhs and cry over Palestinians because they can't get a job in Israel? You are aware that it is in the sikh religion to have an extreme hatred towards Muslims and strive for their annihilation. Particularly if they are Pakistanis. sikhs and sikhism is the biggest enemy of the Pakistani race and nation.

The genocide was mutual. It should be forgotten by both sides.
Palestine is not Pakistan's problem.

The biggest enemy of Pakistani nation are the Pakistani and Afghani terrorists.

We might as well not be Muslims........:disagree:......we might as well build a monument to hari Krishna........:disagree:

Some people in Punjab Pakistan have "cuckold" genes, I am from Gujranwala and I know this, usually the ones who have cuckold level love for Sikhs/Ranjeet Singh etc. are those whose ancestors became muslims only within last 200 years or so, infact there are some people in Punjab whose ancestors became muslims as late as in 1947, I didn't know that such people existed but after watching a lot of uploaded youtube videos related to 1947 partition I realized that we have some people around us whose ancestors became muslims only for "convenience" as late as 1947. These type of people usually have no emotional "attachment" to other muslims, for them their "caste" is more important than their religion. One thing I can tell you no one gives a damn about "punjabi language" and relationship with any other people based on that language, it is always caste/bradari connection that triggers "love" in the heart of the people in Punjab.

As for myself I don't have any love for Ranjit singh even though he was from my own city Gujranwala, why should I , neither me nor my ancestors share anything with Ranjit singh or likes of him. I also don't hate him after all that mofo is long dead and I think hating dead people is senseless.

Last edited:
Some Muslims in Pakistan celebrating him is like Muslim Albanians celebrating Skanderbeg who by the way put Muslim Albanians to the sword because they refused to support him not to mention since they were Muslim, Skanderbeg regarded them as traitors.

Some Muslims in Pakistan celebrating Ranjit Singh are nothing more than cucks.

When mindsets, like the one which thought of this statue, are allowed to carry out their desires, it results in a nation becoming weak.

This man would've been our enemy 200-300 years ago or whenever he lived and we make him a statue.

Saying a man who is living in UK, land of those Christians who carried out Crusades against Muslims, besides ruling over your country of origin for 200 years and killing, raping hundred of our ancestors in that pursuit.....

Stop being Hypocrite..... You hate a king from your land who has nothing to do with partition tragedy but are ok with Brits who created that....shame

Stop lying.. He fought against Afghan invaders and marauders, not Islam or Muslims.
Many Punjabi Muslims and Sikhs fought side by side against the Afghan dacoits.

It seem to me punjab muslims were not united bunch. They were quite happy under mughal rule who fought Afghans. So sikhs and some muslim punjabi did join together under Mughal governor Adina Baig who was arain against Afghans. But later on same governor will try to kill sikhs with help of punjab muslims as sikhs themselves were mostly decoits like.

Saying a man who is living in UK, land of those Christians who carried out Crusades against Muslims, besides ruling over your country of origin for 200 years and killing, raping hundred of our ancestors in that pursuit.....

Stop being Hypocrite..... You hate a king from your land who has nothing to do with partition tragedy but are ok with Brits who created that....shame

I don't care about Arabs or any other non-Pakistani Muslims being killed by the British or whoever. My concern is the Pakistani people. When did the British kill over 1 million Pakistanis?

May Allah keep these retards asleep, they're an embarrassment to the Punjab. Ameen.

I was waiting for him to enter this thread. Our biggest worshipper of Ranjit Singh on this forum.

Ahmad Shah Baba Abdali was a genuine hero, May Allah swt bless him for ridding Punjab of these bandits and marauders.

I don't care about Arabs or any other non-Pakistani Muslims being killed by the British or whoever. My concern is the Pakistani people. When did the British kill over 1 million Pakistanis?

We should build a statue of Aurangzeb Alamgir and put it in hazoori bagh.

Make sure it is visible to all visitors.

Tomb of Ranjit Singh, Tomb of Allama Iqbal, relics of Rasool and Ahlul Bayt, and Sultan Aurangzeb Alamgir’s Badshahi masjid are in the same area.

To ensure religious harmony, it should be equitable.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom