What's new

Li-Fi to replace Wi-Fi in China ?

GTFO again. You dont even know the basic functions of the processors working in a computer and pretend as an expert, as usual! You were thinking all chips are functioning as CPUs (refer to your own silliness through my quote per my post above) This is not the first time you are doing these melees on PDF!

I have no interest in you per se. not worth a rat arse of it.
You are just acting silly and particularly against us with dirty grudges all the fogging time!

All processing chip with APU and LU can function as a CPU
The basic job of the function of Is to process instruction, so technically anything that can do it
Set aside if they could fit in the socket, can perform the job of CPU

However. Since the instruction were die casted in the socket control, only one chip (or 2, in the case of dual CPU) can be called CPU

I never ever say TianHe-2 does not have Chinese part go back and check my original comment on #26

And at post 37, I am merely saying scarc is not CPU, so where is the part that I replied to you say no Chinese component in TianHe-2 , point it out or shut the heck up

And then now you claim I don't know anything in computers...:lol:

Lol this is gold star, I am the one who said from the beginning (post 37) that There can only be one central processor and yet you accuse me of thinking all chip are CPU?

I just want to ask you one think, ARE YOU HIGH

All processing chip with APU and LU can function as a CPU
The basic job of the function of Is to process instruction, so technically anything that can do it
Set aside if they could fit in the socket, can perform the job of CPU

However. Since the instruction were die casted in the socket control, only one chip (or 2, in the case of dual CPU) can be called CPU

I never ever say TianHe-2 does not have Chinese part go back and check my original comment on #26

And at post 37, I am merely saying scarc is not CPU, so where is the part that I replied to you say no Chinese component in TianHe-2 , point it out or shut the heck up

And then now you claim I don't know anything in computers...:lol:

Lol this is gold star, I am the one who said from the beginning (post 37) that There can only be one central processor and yet you accuse me of thinking all chip are CPU?

I just want to ask you one think, ARE YOU HIGH

go back one by one word by word including references to your former nonsense on another threat and on your doubt about the non-domesticated chips on our supercomputers then you may know how silly you have been!

I dont have time to continue with your nonsense on this thread as there are plenty of funny thread to read and comment on!

umm......

You do know Radio wave have stronger signal than Visual Light, hence visual light cannot bent and radio wave can punch thru opaque....

No, there wasn't a single Chinese Domestic CPU on TianHe-2

Otherwise it will not be competible with the Ivy Bridge the Server is actually using.This is the same you cannot use an AMD processor in an Intel Server.....

FT-1500 chips contributed most to the speed of the supercomputer.

You are busted AGAIN!

Actually I stand corrected, FT1500 is actually not Chinese production at all, indeed they were made in china but FT1500 is a sparc chip that have register trademarked by Sun microprocessor

Would you call an chinese made intel trademarked ivy bridge processor a Chinese processor??

The origin of the instruction set has nothing to do with whether the CPU is domestic or not.

The fact that we can export our supercomputers in the future when it's using our domestic chips without getting approval from third parties, that shows the FT-1500 is 100% domestic without a shadow of a doubt.

You like getting humiliated by us don't ya kiddie.

I've destroyed you in that Renminbi discussion we had, then I've destroyed you in consumption discussion, then shale oil in China discussion and now in computers.

You try hard, but need to try harder :lol:
Go on, have another go.

Excellent technological discovery for a soo called 3rd country (I think China is almost a developed country). However I see the speed may get bigger when they go micro with the technology, as WiFi's increasing through micro. But, I don't think they can block the light as the light is the source of the connectivity and hence the technology will be overshadowed by WiFi all the time. People making claims that it will change how connectivity will be in the future are either Nostradamus or very simple.

That LI technology was not discovered by the Chinese, it was a German working in a British lab whom discover this

According to Chinese member here, they merely "master" that technology

That LI technology was not discovered by the Chinese, it was a German working in a British lab whom discover this

Irrelevant, we are now leading the field.
Another area we are number 1.

Irrelevant, we are now leading the field.
Another area we are number 1.

The origin of the instruction set has nothing to do with whether the CPU is domestic or not.

The fact that we can export our supercomputers in the future when it's using our domestic chips without getting approval from third parties, that shows the FT-1500 is 100% domestic without a shadow of a doubt.

You like getting humiliated by us don't ya kiddie.

I've destroyed you in that Renminbi discussion we had, then I've destroyed you in consumption discussion, then shale oil in China discussion and now in computers.

You try hard, but need to try harder :lol:
Go on, have another go.

FT-1500 chips contributed most to the speed of the supercomputer.

You are busted AGAIN!

:lol:

Ok, you win, we surrender

All hail Chinese the king of processor, what is intel? Never heard of them, but I use Feiling processor and galaxy
Processor

Even your fellow Chinese conceded that tianHe-2 does not have Chinese CPU and I am still lying... Lol

Then I must be lying than..

Next...

Ok, you win, we surrender

All hail Chinese the king of processor, what is intel? Never heard of them, but I use Feiling processor and galaxy
Processor

Even your fellow Chinese conceded that tianHe-2 does not have Chinese CPU and I am still lying... Lol

Then I must be lying than..

Next...

FT-1500 is our own CPU. It's already operating in the Tianhe-2. In our next supercomputer, no foreign chips will be used and the FeiTeng chips will be used to make our supercomputer 100% made with domestic components.

Why is this important? Because now we can export anything made with domestic components to any country. Just look at how we exported our ACP-1000 3rd generation nuclear reactor to Pakistan. We can export our supercomputer to anyone, even Iran :lol:

This means we have destroyed the American monopoly in supercomputers since every country can get it through our exports since it will be developed with all domestic components.

Another area where American monopoly has ended. We are ending American monopolies in markets, technology, weapons, aid, etc etc etc.

Ooh sir, I did not know that. How much is the truth in the statement? What's the German inventors name?

Sir, before jumping your guns I would like you to read the title of thread, it's not very difficult to comprehend. Isn't it?

Also, the same/similar has been said in the article itself:

First second or third world has no bearing to the scientific works. If it is from China it is from China; or if if is from Pakistan then credit to the Pakistani scientists. Credit when due.

The vid (through the scientists) never said the tech is going to replace wifi but it is offering a good alternative to wifi connection

Get it?

Ooh sir, I did not know that. How much is the truth in the statement? What's the German inventors name?

Sir, before jumping your guns I would like you to read the title of thread, it's not very difficult to comprehend. Isn't it?

Actually I was wrong, the British lab was beat to the punch by th JAPANESE

Visual light communication or Li-Fi was patented by a Japanese scientist

Patent US7949259 - Visible light communication system and method therefor - Google Patents

what does the title say?
what have all the contents in the vid provided by of the above posts said?

are you missing an "L" (small) in you handle?

FT-1500 is our own CPU. It's already operating in the Tianhe-2. In our next supercomputer, no foreign chips will be used and the FeiTeng chips will be used to make our supercomputer 100% made with domestic components.

Why is this important? Because now we can export anything made with domestic components to any country. Just look at how we exported our ACP-1000 3rd generation nuclear reactor to Pakistan. We can export our supercomputer to anyone, even Iran :lol:

This means we have destroyed the American monopoly in supercomputers since every country can get it through our exports since it will be developed with all domestic components.

Another area where American monopoly has ended. We are ending American monopolies in markets, technology, weapons, aid, etc etc etc.

Looking forward to this!

Sir, I fail to comprehend you or your logic foor the bolded below statement of your, can you please elaborate? You yourself quoted the same:

The vid (through the scientists) never said the tech is going to replace wifi but it is offering a good alternative to wifi connection

Where did I said scientists claimed the same? I mentioned very clearly people who think LiFi will replace Wifi are either Nostradamus or plain simple (look at the thread title and read the article). I cannot check the video so I am going by the article.

And how do you expect there to be light where WiFi (microwave) signals cannot reach? It will not even dent 0.0001% of WiFi share as the limitation which was pointed out by @jhungary (lights blocked loses signal) will mean that this experiment will only stay in test labs till they find a way to increase bandwidth considerably to be places in Organization. However, the limitation I mentioned above is enough for not being successful viable in commercial aspects.

what does the title say?
what have all the contents in the vid provided by of the above posts said?

are you missing an "L" (small) in you handle?

Last edited by a moderator:
Chinese professor builds Li-Fi system with retail parts

By Michael Kan | Published: 11:45, 05 November 2013

The equipment is big and expensive, with the research costs at almost US$500,000. But by just using retail components, Chinese professor Chi Nan has built her own Li-Fi wireless system that can use LED lights to send and receive Internet data.

"I bought the lights from Taobao," she said, referring to the Chinese e-commerce site.

The professor from Fudan University showed off the technology on Tuesday at the China International Industry Fair in Shanghai. Unlike traditional Wi-Fi routers that use radio signals, Chi's system relies on light to send and receive data wirelessly.

Others scientists, especially in the U.K., have also been researching the technology, and dubbed it "Li-Fi". But rather than develop specialized hardware, Chi bought off-the-shelf retail parts to create her system.

Chi, an expert on optical fibers, said on the side lines of the trade show that she was simply interested in the promise of Li-Fi. "I just wanted to play around," she said. Funding also came from the local Shanghai government, which has made research in the area a goal.

While Li-Fi is still in its early stages, the technology could provide an alternative to using radio waves for wireless Internet access. Currently, household Wi-Fi routers and mobile telecommunication towers depend on radio signals to send data wirelessly. But the amount of radio spectrum is limited.

Li-Fi, however, could be deployed in everyday LED bulbs, with light-based Internet connections covering the interior of entire homes or buildings. The data connection speeds can also reach several gigabits per second. Chi's own system runs at 150 Mbps by using a small number of LED bulbs each at one watt.

"With a more powerful LED light, we can reach 3.5 Gbps speeds," she added. Both the router and receiver are fitted with LED bulbs so that they can send data, and also installed with a chip that can process the signals.

But Li-Fi isn't without its drawbacks. Because it is dependent on light, the technology can't penetrate walls or work in complete darkness. In Chi's case, the Li-Fi receiver must be within three meters of the router, and placed under the LED bulbs so that the sensor can read it.

In addition, her system is not exactly portable. The first model is quite large, with the Li-Fi receiver itself is about the size of a video game console. A second model was made to compact the parts, and that Li-Fi receiver resembles closer to a mini desktop PC. On Tuesday, the receivers were shown connected to two nearby laptops via ethernet cable.

"There are still many problems that need to be resolved," Chi said, pointing to the need to improve the Li-Fi coverage, and miniaturize the needed components.

Over time, however, the Li-Fi receiver could conceivably take the form of a USB dongle that attaches to a notebook. Chi estimates it will take another five years before the technology can enter the market as consumer products. So far, her team has spent about 18 months on the project.

http://news.techworld.com/networkin...fessor-builds-li-fi-system-with-retail-parts/

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom