What's new

Let us analyse Bihar elections

But you can't expect a miracle...what does the electorate want? That India becomes like Switzerland in 18 months?
Every indicator has moved up in the last 18 months, but visible large changes on the ground will take years to show for any government. No, what you need is better communication and an explanation of how people will eventually benefit....and to do that you need exemplary grass root organization in every state...constant communication.
Why shouldnt we think that people have voted for nithish who has performed well for the last ten years?

@nair the problem that I have is when highly educated people like you have such a MYOPIC vision......

I have some points to make:

1. You think it was rejection on religious lines...but in Bihar it's NOT!! People hardly care about Hindu-Muslim issue, what they care about is CASTE, CASTE & CASTE.

I know how it works out in Bihar....... If this bloody "Caste and Religion" equation can work out in an educated society like Kerala, one can imagine how it works out in a place like bihar.......

. I am sure, if you have even IOTA of knowledge of 15 years rule of Lalu in Bihar, you won't have JUMPED on NDA's LOST.

Let us not assume things here....Have been following politics for a long time...... and know how things works out there.....

3. Though Nitish will be the CM, do you think with higher no. of seats, Lalu would let him do whatever he wants? He will have VETO in every decision!

Probably nitish is the best guy we have in bihar today......But i have raised my doubts on this govt with lalu as a king maker..... God knows how long they gonna work together.....

4. It will have HUGE repercussions for India as no country can grow when one of it's big state with 10% population living in abysmal poverty.

I know, Bihar is one of the state which pulls down every social indicators of India......

It's not as simple as you think - NDA's lost may turn out to be India's LOST!!

& I am not saying this due to my BIASES.

I look at it little differently, This will make NDA to introspect, and i hope they start focusing on important things rather than beef and other idiotic things.....If they do, it will be a gain for India...... If not those vanara sena's would have been let loose and make this beautiful country another ..........

All the SECULARS esp. from KERALA & West Bengal can book there DARU & BEEF party for tonight..........

Don't forget to take Pakistanis with you as they are EQUALLY happy!!

While People like me will start thinking on where India is going!!

The analysis is simple people in Bihar and UP follow realpolitik not a politics based on ideology. Yadavs will not care how corrupt Lalu was they will vote him in spite of it. You think this alliance of Nitish and lalu will last long ? I am quite sure JDu will break alliance & will go back to NDA.There is an old Hindi saying "Ek Mayan mey doh talwarey nahi reh saktey" " Two sword cannot be contained in one sheath"

I know, have raised my doubt on it already......

All the SECULARS esp. from KERALA & West Bengal can book there DARU & BEEF party for tonight..........

Lol..... Kertalites care a damn about Bihar........ Daru???? Yes - Satuday's and Sunday is holiday and we call it "Vellamadi Day" ...... Ie Drinking day....... Beef & Pork??? Week ends sales will be as high as it normally is.......

You sound too desperate after this loss..... Dont be mate,

I agree completely. What I did not agree was with the notion of inevitable failure of a party against a coalition of parties. Congress always lagged only marginally in terms of vote share fighting single handedly against the left coalition in Bengal. And TMC outnumbered the same coalition with again marginal vote share. So, that concept does not convince actually.
Yes, however there is one difference...BJP was never a force to reckon with in these areas...as compare to Congress which actually once was...In today's world they are not even the second player but third...

Why shouldnt we think that people have voted for nithish who has performed well for the last ten years?
I am sure they did vote for Nitish because he performed well....but why on earth did they vote for Lalu?

You sound too desperate after this loss..... Dont be mate,

Call me Sanghi, Bhakt, Communal whatever you want, but the greatest thing I care about is MY COUNTRY!

& when 10% of my country's population will be stuck in a TIME WARP for next 5 years......I should sound DESPERATE....Right?

Don't forget to take Pakistanis with you as they are EQUALLY happy!!

While People like me will start thinking on where India is going!!
Chilax....there are always positives...the best part is that atleast electorates are giving clear mandates....this is far better than hung assemblies....rest there is always some light at the end of tunnel...

For Once.....I really want that Modi should declare EMERGENCY till 2019......Let General Elections happen thereafter......

People who vote on Myopic visions of Castes doesn't deserve to VOTE!!

Emergency is not the solution.

Way ahead for BJP is to pain stakingly win one state after another and holding it forever by good governance and development as they did in CG, MP, GJ. (Challenge is now to hold MAH, RJ, HR, Jharkhand).

Strategy for UP, BIHAR, BENGAL, ASSAM is Religion politics because BJP will need Religious Politics to break Cast Politics in UP & Bihar. And in Bengal and Assam as the Muslim Population growing it is on the brink of communal tension, it is matter of time.

Please remember they put Ram Mandir on back-burner after coming to power in UP. And only Religion politics can revive fortune of BJP in UP.

Back
Top Bottom