What's new

Learn about the "Meteor" air-to-air missile obtained by the Egyptian Air Force, which changes the balance of power in the region

Maybe Egyptian members should include the below link with every post in order to avoid stupid questions. You guys could attack Israel, if you want. We moved on from this 42 years ago. Egypt recognize the existence of Israel and supports the 2 states solution. Egypt want to maintain a strong military to protect itself, interests, and growing economy. This has been an Egyptian goal since 1805, years before Israel became a country. Sometimes we succeeded and sometime so we failed, but we will keep trying. Our world doesn’t just revolve against Israel.

If you think that is the case, you are up for a surprise. US can squeeze Europe if it tried to arm any remotely hostile country in ME.

If the weapons are used in self defense as in some silly notion that Israel or any other entity can try to start a war with Egypt, there is no way the US will do jack squat. They are bought as a deterrent.

How many times from many members here have we heard "Egypt's F-16s are useless etc," and here we are trying to get ourselves armed to the teeth to better protect ourselves and mostly in a defensive way and now we have to hear this crap lol. Sorry I'm really not picking on you, it's just funny how it's always a lose-lose situation no matter what the EAF does. We also have a plethora of SAM systems from different source including the S-300VM and all data sharing is now done through a high tech Domestic use that was based on the RBE2 AESA rafal where it's combined all sourced platform to share information and IFF etc. Things are what they once were. You'll notice people always bring up 1967 but we all know the sayin, "this ain't your father's war." Things are much different now. They almost rebuilt the entire EADS from ground up with centralized command etc.

One more thing, that silly "kill switch" and some goofball came out with a couple decades ago and it grew like wildfire that the US can just flip a switch or hack the aircraft's main computer and make it limp was the funniest thing a former USAF F-15 pilot told me. He said if that ever actually happened and got out, and it can by whomever is the victim doesn't have to be Egypt they could've already done that to the Venezuelan F-16 or the Iranian F-14s, the US' export sales would drop by over 50%! They could never risk that not to mention the capability is gone once it's in the foreigner's hands unless you physically plug in a computer on the ground. Instead, if they have a closer relation to the enemy of Egypt, they would help them with stocks to counter the missiles and tactics etc. That's why the diversity of the weapons is important to Egypt.

If the Meteor is touted to be the best in the world and if works for India and Sweden so far but not Egypt, then France will lose all its orders. They already circumvented the US with the SCALPs and the US made component was just a ploy to get France not to sell them to Egypt. Instead, there stockpile is believed to be over 100.

If the weapons are used in self defense as in some silly notion that Israel or any other entity can try to start a war with Egypt, there is no way the US will do jack squat. They are bought as a deterrent.

How many times from many members here have we heard "Egypt's F-16s are useless etc," and here we are trying to get ourselves armed to the teeth to better protect ourselves and mostly in a defensive way and now we have to hear this crap lol. Sorry I'm really not picking on you, it's just funny how it's always a lose-lose situation no matter what the EAF does. We also have a plethora of SAM systems from different source including the S-300VM and all data sharing is now done through a high tech Domestic use that was based on the RBE2 AESA rafal where it's combined all sourced platform to share information and IFF etc. Things are what they once were. You'll notice people always bring up 1967 but we all know the sayin, "this ain't your father's war." Things are much different now. They almost rebuilt the entire EADS from ground up with centralized command etc.

One more thing, that silly "kill switch" and some goofball came out with a couple decades ago and it grew like wildfire that the US can just flip a switch or hack the aircraft's main computer and make it limp was the funniest thing a former USAF F-15 pilot told me. He said if that ever actually happened and got out, and it can by whomever is the victim doesn't have to be Egypt they could've already done that to the Venezuelan F-16 or the Iranian F-14s, the US' export sales would drop by over 50%! They could never risk that not to mention the capability is gone once it's in the foreigner's hands unless you physically plug in a computer on the ground. Instead, if they have a closer relation to the enemy of Egypt, they would help them with stocks to counter the missiles and tactics etc. That's why the diversity of the weapons is important to Egypt.

If the Meteor is touted to be the best in the world and if works for India and Sweden so far but not Egypt, then France will lose all its orders. They already circumvented the US with the SCALPs and the US made component was just a ploy to get France not to sell them to Egypt. Instead, there stockpile is believed to be over 100.
I stand by my comment and neither i talked about 1967 war nor any kill switch. US prioritize her relationship with countries and Israel remains their top ally, KSA seems second and Egypt might be on 4th Number when UAE is at 3rd number.

They will provide you enough that you don't break up and you will start relying on them but not enough so you can tilt the balance against your adversary.

I stand by my comment and neither i talked about 1967 war nor any kill switch. US prioritize her relationship with countries and Israel remains their top ally, KSA seems second and Egypt might be on 4th Number when UAE is at 3rd number.

I merely mentioned that because it was along the same lines of your theory about affecting the IFF in the Meteor missiles, that's all. I never meant it as you said it, it was just along the same lines.

On another note, those missiles are supposed to be close to un-jammable and very difficult to detect, even as the MAWS is sounding and lighting up in the enemy's cockpit. And it's tremendous NEZ is the stuff of nightmares. But we need to actually see this in real time/life to know it's true.

They will provide you enough that you don't break up and you will start relying on them but not enough so you can tilt the balance against your adversary.

Who, France? That's exactly why we're stocking up from several sources. Egypt is not signing deals it has to based on a peace treaty with that same country. It's signing arms deals with a variety of sources and I really wish the Su-57 was ahead of it's current production time. I'm 100% positive this aircraft will be ordered by the EAF including it's newly designed weapons that fit in its bays and the many tricks that are up its sleeve.

Honestly, if you read the patent on that aircraft, it will change your mind as to why Sukhoi designed it the way they did. They knew that stealth will only help you against another flying target and that's why they concentrated their effort on the frontal and side aspects by streamlining its fuselage and adding L-band ASESA radars in the leading wing edges. They also knew that they're capable of producing a multitude of ground radars, fixed or mobile that will detect stealth aircraft. So knowing that, they figured why build the Su-57 to be fully stealth capable like the F-22 or F-35 when knew solutions to counter stealth are already in production, except in the air. Super smart strategy and it has it's own tricks and high tech cockpit it has not shown even once. Not even an open bay or a missile fired except that one time from the wing bays.

Oh and another funny thing, add 22 + 35 = 57. Not sure if that was coincidental or what. This will certainly be in the inventory come the next 5 -7 years.

1621526469143.png

BTW, @Vapnope, I know we weren't discussing this but I wanted to mention it to you and others reading. You know how the Russians paint their aircraft in all those wild geometric blues and whites etc.? And their conventional light blue on slightly darker blue is SO EFFECTIVE compared to US low vis grey that you can easily see it here in the Su-27 that chased away the intercepting US Nato F-15 Strike E. Now granted the Strike E is painted in a darker color than the standard low vis, but I think the results would be the same. Watch the Su-27 disappear in the clouds while the Strike E sticks out like a sore thumb. Brilliant camo work that has a lot of studying and engineering behind it. A lot of people think the Russians produce garbage but they are truly mistaken. This is the perfect small example.

Last edited:
I merely mentioned that because it was along the same lines of your theory about affecting the IFF in the Meteor missiles, that's all. I never meant it as you said it, it was just along the same lines.

On another note, those missiles are supposed to be close to un-jammable and very difficult to detect, even as the MAWS is sounding and lighting up in the enemy's cockpit. And it's tremendous NEZ is the stuff of nightmares. But we need to actually see this in real time/life to know it's true.

Who, France? That's exactly why we're stocking up from several sources. Egypt is not signing deals it has to based on a peace treaty with that same country. It's signing arms deals with a variety of sources and I really wish the Su-57 was ahead of it's current production time. I'm 100% positive this aircraft will be ordered by the EAF including it's newly designed weapons that fit in its bays and the many tricks that are up its sleeve.

Honestly, if you read the patent on that aircraft, it will change your mind as to why Sukhoi designed it the way they did. They knew that stealth will only help you against another flying target and that's why they concentrated their effort on the frontal and side aspects by streamlining its fuselage and adding L-band ASESA radars in the leading wing edges. They also knew that they're capable of producing a multitude of ground radars, fixed or mobile that will detect stealth aircraft. So knowing that, they figured why build the Su-57 to be fully stealth capable like the F-22 or F-35 when knew solutions to counter stealth are already in production, except in the air. Super smart strategy and it has it's own tricks and high tech cockpit it has not shown even once. Not even an open bay or a missile fired except that one time from the wing bays.

Oh and another funny thing, add 22 + 35 = 57. Not sure if that was coincidental or what. This will certainly be in the inventory come the next 5 -7 years.

View attachment 745515

BTW, @Vapnope, I know we weren't discussing this but I wanted to mention it to you and others reading. You know how the Russians paint their aircraft in all those wild geometric blues and whites etc.? And their conventional light blue on slightly darker blue is SO EFFECTIVE compared to US low vis grey that you can easily see it here in the Su-35 that chased away the intercepting US Nato F-15 Strike E. Now granted the Strike E is painted in a darker color than the standard low vis, but I think the results would be the same. Watch the Su-35 disappear in the clouds while the Strike E sticks out like a sore thumb.

I wish you all the best for upgradation of your military. My comment was based on the historic American foreign policy. Hope you didn't mind my comment.

French weapons are the best in the world bar usa and in most cases,just as,effective.

if Egypt gets scalp meteore and mica then this is a quantum leap in capability and certainly Israel older block f16 and even f15 will be in serious trouble ..
Israel has won air battles often 10.to 1 and more depending on who you believe..
the latest additions both typhoon and Rafale will change this kill ratio even with f35 in the wings.

You're talking about battles that happened 25 to 30 - 40 years ago. "Beaten to a pulp"? I think your sadly mistaken and things are quite different these days including training time and with specific instructors. The days of MiG-17s and 21 F-13/MFs going up against well trained Israelis by US pilots who kept replacing the downed aircraft by the EAD and by the few air to air not to mention the battle of Mansoura where the record of A2A was 17-3 in favor of the EAF using Israeli tactics against themselves are long over. That day in Mansoura for one hour of dogfights over the airfield and surrounding areas turned the tide in the air to air battle has heavily influenced the current Israeli opinion of countering Egypt from getting the best available equipment. They realized in a matter of weeks that there was a huge difference in the Egyptian pilots capabilities against Israeli incursions.

Nowadays, the pilots go through a whole different routine that is in line with much of the dominant air forces around the world.

Doubt that the Rafale or the Typhoon sold to Egypt will bring a plus to theEgyptian airforce, they will be be better that the fielded F16, but against the the Israelis airforce, the Israeli will keep the lethality edge..France or any western arm maker will never sell anything that may alter that balance..especially France..and if Israel didn’t voice her disapproval to the missile or to the Rafale, it mean one thing..that they are a downgraded version. That is all the Arab states are allowed to buy.

Do you have any links or proof that there is a downgraded version of the Meteor? Almost every single missile that is sold by parties such as France and US and Russia and UK etc. have a standard which is the most lethal and an export version with announced specs. We haven't seen anything like that so sounds like a guess and wishful thinking on your part.

Egypt can not change anything in the region

Israel and Turkey have long range Ballistic and Cruise Missile technologies to turn Egypt into stone age

also old technology RAFALE has no chance against İsraeli F-35Is and upcoming Turkish MIUS stealth unmanned Fighter Jets in BVR combat

btw Egypt will have 30 RAFALE F3R Fighter Jets which can carry METEOR missile between 2024 and 2026

until 2026 Turkish AKDOGAN ramjet powered long range air to air missile will be ready .... similar to METEOR Missile

You're talking about battles that happened 25 to 30 - 40 years ago. "Beaten to a pulp"? I think your sadly mistaken and things are quite different these days including training time and with specific instructors. The days of MiG-17s and 21 F-13/MFs going up against well trained Israelis by US pilots who kept replacing the downed aircraft by the EAD and by the few air to air not to mention the battle of Mansoura where the record of A2A was 17-3 in favor of the EAF using Israeli tactics against themselves are long over. That day in Mansoura for one hour of dogfights over the airfield and surrounding areas turned the tide in the air to air battle has heavily influenced the current Israeli opinion of countering Egypt from getting the best available equipment. They realized in a matter of weeks that there was a huge difference in the Egyptian pilots capabilities against Israeli incursions.

Nowadays, the pilots go through a whole different routine that is in line with much of the dominant air forces around the world.

Do you have any links or proof that there is a downgraded version of the Meteor? Almost every single missile that is sold by parties such as France and US and Russia and UK etc. have a standard which is the most lethal and an export version with announced specs. We haven't seen anything like that so sounds like a guess and wishful thinking on your part.
It isn’t wishful thinking of my part, I am just basing my opinion on facts on the weaponry that Arab states receive..Kuwait is complaining about the ware that the American sold them, Irak too, SaudiArabia complained about the accuracy of the missile sold to her. Morocco found out when one of his F16 was shot down in Yemen by a shoulder fired missile dating from the seventies , how naked their F16 were. Egypt, all her F16 are briddled too, and I don’t think France will sell Egypt anything that can threaten a NATO country and especially Israel…If you don’t make your own weaponry, you will be dependent on what is offered to you..and all our countries are dépendant on what is being sold to them..
There is a $60 millions difference between the Rafales that Egypt acquired and those of India, you are not going to tell us that Indians are a bunch of morons or corrupted? There is a reason…unless Egypt got some used crafts with a fresh coat of paint….

If you think that is the case, you are up for a surprise. US can squeeze Europe if it tried to arm any remotely hostile country in ME.

The US has interests in keeping both Egypt and Israel on an (apparent/overt) even keel. Covertly, things are of course different. Egypt gets the same yearly handouts ($2-3 Billion?) from US as Israel does.

So if Egypt is getting ANY arms that proves to be halfway threatening to Israel's own security stance, then US (and Israel) might have made damned sure Egypt agreed to certain concessions to US/Israel's conditions.

Egyptian leaders know that Israelis can walk over Egyptian territory at any point with complete impunity. Sad but true. It is what it is.

We have to love our Muslim brothers but we also have to be realists. Geopolitics is a strange thing.

Look at MBS and the Emiratis and how they are in bed with you know who. I rest my case.

Can these missiles be used against Israeli airforce?
Lemme ask you something - would you mind playing a game of critical thinking?

1. what do they teach you about the Egyptian and Israeli accords?
2. If you were not taught about these accords in a school or university, then tell me have you heard of such an accord between Egypt and Isreal?
3. What do you know about France and its alliances? Did you hear any credible talk that they an anti-Isreal nation?.
4. Does France sell their weapons willy nilly to everyone?
5. Lastly, Does Egypt get aid from the west, specifically from the US?

Lemme ask you something - would you mind playing a game of critical thinking?

1. what do they teach you about the Egyptian and Israeli accords?
2. If you were not taught about these accords in a school or university, then tell me have you heard of such an accord between Egypt and Isreal?
3. What do you know about France and its alliances? Did you hear any credible talk that they an anti-Isreal nation?.
4. Does France sell their weapons willy nilly to everyone?
5. Lastly, Does Egypt get aid from the west, specifically from the US?

Shut up and answer my question pajeet

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom