What's new

Large scale multinational exercise to be held in Q4

Problem is that all the current bases used for executrices are either dedicated to A2A and or A2G, none are close to water with emphasis to A2-Surface. Kamra, Sarghoda are to close to the International Boarder. Not that San Diego wasn't a booming town, however "Top Gun" School had a good impact on its economy and development of the community, same could happen to coastal base in Baluchistan if properly designed and executed.

PAF run Hospitals, Schools, for PAF staff and Locals, Shopping malls, commuter flights to Karachi or Quetta for shopping or weekend visits, lots of Growth potential.

I see the point you are making, but for PAF it is no use (and very expensive!) to reinvent the wheel.

At Kamra we have PAC and Aviation City. In addition to that a PAF Base. It is also nearby a few other air bases such as Peshawar and Mianwali which is handy for DACT, it also houses SAAB AWACS.

Sarghoda is MASSIVE and again near Mianwali and Rafiqui so idea for DACT. We have a host of facilities at Sarghoda I already mentioned like Turkish ACMI system, EW range, Aggressor squadrons. Also as any PAF officer will tell you facilities at Sarghoda for officers and other ranks are excellent. It is also large enough to accommdate more aircraft.

Visitors can easily visit Lahore or KPK from such bases.

Issue is that Pak doesn't have Rockefeller or Carnegie or JP Morgan type visionary people to build Infrastructure, these men did it for power and glory and amass wealth as well in their hay day but today entire US populous enjoys their work.

Perhaps it needs to be Armed forces of Pak that turn the cog and lead the sheep for development of Sindh and Baluchistan's coastal belt and if an Mega Air-Base is the cog then perhaps PM-IK should encourage such development. The Air-Base could also serve as the staging / launching point for perhaps one day that fulfills MK's vision of Pak+GCC Alliance.

I guess I will stop here, already wrote too much on it. Thank you for your input, appreciated.

Fighter Village is Sargodha. Pakistan nor PAF have the landmass and resources for a Fightertown which itself has moved from Miramar long time ago to Fallon. Miramar has been given back to the Marines.

Man easy there.

Lets not give away everything. The potential is there and PAF knows it. Trust me when i say this.

Man easy there.

Lets not give away everything. The potential is there and PAF knows it. Trust me when i say this.
It will take time if that measure goes through. I am aware of the potential. But potential is nothing without the right mindset and guidance.

Cheers !!!

Kamra is our version of Edwards (testing and development), Sarghoda can be said to be our version of Nellis (tactics development and large scale exercises).
Kamra is a version of Eglin AFB or NAWS China Lake. It does not have a thread of Edwards AFB. Sargodha is very much like NAS Fallon, with their NAWDC program. Nellis AFB and their FWS is a very different type of program compared to the CCS.

That is why PAF established "ACE" sometime back and stood aggressor squadron. Good opportunity to practice DACT against modern /high tech platforms as well as learn and devise new tactics

Dear all,

Apart from Shaheen VIII, a large scale multinational exercise is to be held inside Pakistan later this year.

Confirmed participants include;

PAF - All Assets
TuAF - F-16 Block 52s/E-3/KC-135/C-130
RSAF - F-15S's/SA's, C-130s

Expected participants;

EAF - F-16 Block 52s, Rafales (expected)
RAF - Eurofighter Typhoons. (expected)

Atleast 10 other participants as observers.

Watch and learn without actual participation in the field exercises

What is the role of Observers in excercises?

Enough space in Baluchistan, away from populated cities.

Fighter Village is Sargodha. Pakistan nor PAF have the landmass and resources for a Fightertown which itself has moved from Miramar long time ago to Fallon. Miramar has been given back to the Marines.

Dear all,

Apart from Shaheen VIII, a large scale multinational exercise is to be held inside Pakistan later this year.

Confirmed participants include;

PAF - All Assets
TuAF - F-16 Block 52s/E-3/KC-135/C-130
RSAF - F-15S's/SA's, C-130s

Expected participants;

EAF - F-16 Block 52s, Rafales (expected)
RAF - Eurofighter Typhoons. (expected)

Atleast 10 other participants as observers.
RSAF - Royal Saudi ??

@airomerix

Dude while you have the right to be critical of my threads and posts, we on the other hand are still waiting on the Typhoons and Rafales and all else you claimed in this thread. Cheers.
I can also point a few other false reports by you as well.

@airomerix

Dude while you have the right to be critical of my threads and posts, we on the other hand are still waiting on the Typhoons and Rafales and all else you claimed in this thread. Cheers.
I can also point a few other false reports by you as well.

I didnt expect you to be this petty.

Along with this thread. I did post a thread about Shaheen. It took place. I've posted threads about Anatolian Phoenix months before it took place or anyone had a clue. It happened. Same goes for Anatolian Eagles.

I dont even have to go in detail. Everyone knows my credibility here.

Also you have conveniently mentioned Rafales when I have clearly written 'expected' and not 'confirmed'. On top of this, you have conveniently chosen to ignore the crisis with Turkey and Saudi's which can very well have an effect on such events/exercises. And it has also happened in past.

Instead of nitpicking on me and digging up my history. Check your 'reliable' sources who mentioned a Y-12 has successfully taken part in a combat situation.

I trust you will take this responsibly and be rational about my message. Your credibility is not in question. But sometimes your posts have very tall claims which have an actual effect on people.

Again, take this constructively.

I didnt expect you to be this petty.

Along with this thread. I did post a thread about Shaheen. It took place. I've posted threads about Anatolian Phoenix months before it took place or anyone had a clue. It happened. Same goes for Anatolian Eagles.

I dont even have to go in detail. Everyone knows my credibility here.

Also you have conveniently mentioned Rafales when I have clearly written 'expected' and not 'confirmed'. On top of this, you have conveniently chosen to ignore the crisis with Turkey and Saudi's which can very well have an effect on such events/exercises. And it has also happened in past.

Instead of nitpicking on me and digging up my history. Check your 'reliable' sources who mentioned a Y-12 has successfully taken part in a combat situation.

I trust you will take this responsibly and be rational about my message. Your credibility is not in question. But sometimes your posts have very tall claims which have an actual effect on people.

Again, take this constructively.

Lol, mate it's not a question of being petty or like some thinking they are Pretty cool characters on the forum.
Neither you get debriefed by the AHQ nor do i have a direct line with ACM. We all have our contacts, they can be very reliable or other time they can get it mixed up.
I'm not going to praise myself here as what i have posted or how many times i was the ice breaker.
As for nit picking and digging up history, seems you have a short memory since i haven't been counting your errors. Perhaps you forgot what you posted elsewhere....here's a reminder...
''This is third such incident I've noticed in the limited amount of time i spend on this forum.''
So kindly practice what you preach first.
BTW, i don't recall mentioning the likes of y-12 anywhere.... and there's a lot more to swift retort than that has been released.....yet.

Please, please let the Egyptian Air Force (Rafales) be true.

While we're at it - lets get Qatar in it too.
you said it
you spoke my heart

Mianwali is huge? Are you kidding me ? It barely supports 3 squadrons and half of FCU had to be shifted to Risalpur just because base couldn't accommodate 4 squadrons,not forgetting SHOOTERS isnt even a proper squadron as compared to No. 18 and 20.
thanks for sharing inside information not available otherwise

@Windjammer and @airomerix come on buddies .... ignore the misunderstanding you two have or exercise the right to disagree and move on ....
both of you are good contributors to the forum .... so its not a big deal if one or two times any of you find each other posting a bit short of 100% nobody expect cent percent accuracy of your posts ....

We trust both of you and understand that none of you post inaccurate information deliberately .... so ٹھنڈ رکو بھاھی لوگ ٹھنڈ

Last edited:
you said it
you spoke my heart

thanks for sharing inside information not available otherwise
You are most welcome.There's nothing sensitive in the information I shared,such info is even available in official texts and books released by PAF for public.

Can't a new base be built in the vastness of Balochistan or can't Samungli be expanded? A base bit far from the Indian border for exercises and test aircraft. Basically our version of Edwards
Samungi used to be far away from quetta city...... Not anymore, the urban spraul has taken it over, just like many other major air bases in Pakistan. Therefore, it can not be expanded anymore.

@Windjammer @airomerix lets just say that sometimes source gets wrong but our intentions are not ill towards information being shared. We can do better by exchange of ideas in regard to more beneficial & qualitative discussions that most of the members expects from members like you. Everyone has own capability and credibility & sometimes misunderstanding occurs but that doesn't devalue our input having positive approach. Cheers and move on and not to waste energy & time on useless exercise.

Regards,

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom