What's new

Lahore Metro bus as Ajooba in course book !

In school I also read a small paragraph about India's first metro(Delhi) but fortunately they praised the head of engineers that is E. Sridharan instead of the ruling party.

In school I also read a small paragraph about India's first metro(Delhi) but fortunately they praised the head of engineers that is E. Sridharan instead of the ruling party.
There doesn't seems to be any reference of ruling party in this one either. it simply says it was project of punjab GOVT.

There doesn't seems to be any reference of ruling party in this one either. it simply says it was project of punjab GOVT.
One of the posters also said that nowhere there is a mention of word "ajooba".So whats the fuss about then??

One of the posters also said that nowhere there is a mention of word "ajooba".So whats the fuss about then??
Apparently some fans of PTI thinks this is some political publicity stunt by ruling party to publish about there project in course book. I haven't seen the real book though just read from images posted by OP. They doesn't seems to have any reference of ruling party.

There is no praise of ruling party in this metro bus essay , the OP belongs to opposition PTI party he is making up lies about this essay no such thing is mentioned in the urdu text of the essay like "world wonder" or "shahbaz sharif", it is a simple urdu essay in the text book explaining different attributes of Lahore metro bus.

Blah blah blah, caveman mentality of KPK and Balochistan.

As long as you promote racism on PDF and do not engage in constructive discussion/debate you shall be judged accordingly. You can contact Mods but their Answer would be same "stop being racist"...Enjoy!

No and No Always No.
It is not doing the job for the time being it is a failed project i would believe when you show us a 24 hours 7 days footage that shows over whelming number of people dying for it. No people are not happy with it has become pain for people as media has already shown you bring you unbiased nonfaked polls to show us how people are happy with it dying to ride it. Similar projects are not found became it is not required what Pakistan required is mass buses and proper standard bus stop and for that i can give you Montreal CA every 5 mins a bus arrives and every 5 mins there is a stop it could have been achieve all over Punjab initially in Punjab alone in less than 12 billion rupees. So your Answer means nothing but blinded by love for noon league. Last project needs money and Punjab current hordes money of KPK and Baluchistan. No last thing the project is not future proof and be assured next government [non noon league] will shut it down.
I don't want to get into argument all you need to Answer us is what is wrong with standard buses/stops that it has not been introduced and on small scale introduced in Lahore only.
Dude i don't understand what you're saying completely, please try to break up things so that your message is clear.
If you think people aren't happy then you don't know about the grounds realities.
N-League is really pumping huge sums into Lahore and other major cities, results are evident at least in Lahore.
Your concept of flooding roads with buses is flawed as they would create severe traffic problems, as if it isn't crowded already.
Basically IMPO the route for the mass transportation for the metro bus is all right, the problem is with the medium i.e. the buses.
Now here you go. $1.6bn Chinese soft loan for elevated metro train - Newspaper - DAWN.COM

No the word was not used, but things like these should not happen, N-League should refrain from this.

A modern, efficient, clean transportation system is indeed a bit of a novelty in Pakistan and other developing countries. No harm in teaching the kids about it, so that they can take inspiration from it.

This is no laughing matter guys.

This is SERIOUS!

So Pakistan has stooped to THIS level non-civilisation and barbarism that government is brainwashing children at this level? Teaching them about infrastructure projects like feeding sheeps with pro-PML(N) propaganda? wow!

North Korea isn't an example to follow Pakistan...just wow!
What is wrong in teaching the children about infrastructure projects?
Even we in India learn about massive infrastructure projects done by the country like major hydro dams that are some special property/attribute or were particularly challenging to build.

Admittedly, glorifying a BRTS is a little weird, but only because its not something unique and in this case something very small scale. But say if Sharif manages to put up bullet train system all around his country then it definitely deserves a chapter in the school books.
This will not only help the next generation understand the benefits in building the infrastructure but also appreciate the challenges the country faced to build it.

Well the essay is right about one thing. The 9 km long elevated section is a bit of a novelty and a good engineering solution for lack of space.

It would be better for PTI people to compete on basis of positive development and performance. Nitpicking like this does not help their cause.

i agree with @Roybot but the topic should have been metro bus or transportation system, seems some politics in this but no harm in teaching children progressive things

What is wrong in teaching the children about infrastructure projects?
Even we in India learn about massive infrastructure projects done by the country like major hydro dams that are some special property/attribute or were particularly challenging to build.

Admittedly, glorifying a BRTS is a little weird, but only because its not something unique and in this case something very small scale. But say if Sharif manages to put up bullet train system all around his country then it definitely deserves a chapter in the school books.
This will not only help the next generation understand the benefits in building the infrastructure but also appreciate the challenges the country faced to build it.

even USA has not adopted bullet trains, bullet trains are more a luxury then necessity,, musharraf made many things like gwadar port, kutchi canal, coastal highway, one metro bus is not kind of a big deal in Pakistan, people are imaging if pakistan is some dirt poor far more under developed country

you all will agree on one thing

PTIans blind hatred for PML(N) knows no bounds. They will easily bring in negative out of positive because of this blind hate or obsession with PML(N). They have taken this oath that they will never appreciate anything positive if its come from PML(N) :P

Err the first one would be Calcutta's-1984/85...was the first Underground metro railway system in India

you all will agree on one thing

PTIans blind hatred for PML(N) knows no bounds. They will easily bring in negative out of positive because of this blind hate or obsession with PML(N). They have taken this oath that they will never appreciate anything positive if its come from PML(N) :P
Isn't everyone doing it the same to other parties? Negative propaganda is base of sub continent politics, it's good or bad but there is no other way to respond back rivals.

Back
Top Bottom